• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confessions That Destroy Your Gamer Credibility

Orpheum

I've never owned a nintendo home console ever. Straight from Playstation 1 all the way to number 4. It'll always stay this way

DonF

None, because I don't put games as my defining value.
Confessions That Destroy Your Gamer Credibility
36acvwgce6wz.gif

NovumAngel

Banned
Breath of the Wild was the first Zelda game I thought was terrible (OK terrible might be a stretch but it was the first one I really wasn't feeling).

I bought both Rock Band 4 and Guitar Hero Live on launch and I had fun damnit.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’ve never finished a JRPG. I’ve started one countless times, but always get distracted, stuck or bored. In saying that, I am about to finish Xenoblade 2, so the times, they are a changing.

I’ve also never finished a Metroid game even though I really like them and have put hours into them.

Despite owning every xbox since the OG xbox days, I've played Halo maybe for all of 25 minutes over the last 15 years. Just can't bring myself to enjoy it.

_Justinian_

Gold Member
I have owned a high end PC for over 3 years now which I built myself and I have never played League of Legends, DOTA 2, CS;GO, Starcraft series, Half-Life, Overwatch, WoW, Rocket League or any of the popular games that I hear so many PC gamers raving about.

rolandss

For about the last year I've gone stretches of months and months without playing anything at all and then when I do I turn on my PS4, fire up a game, only to quit as soon as it starts when I realise I just can't be bothered.

Oddspeak

I'm not into The Legend of Zelda. Like at all. I've played through a chunk of Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess; none of them grabbed me enough to make me want to finish any of them. Granted, it's been ten years since my last attempt at a game, so I might feel different now that I'm older.

I genuinely like Dark Souls 2 more than 1 and I will always defend its honor.

Rayderism

I never play online games, and I mean NEVER. The people I call the 24/7 crowd, that is, the people who live, eat and breathe those games, intimidate me. My hardcore days ended in 1991 when I lost an eye......I can't track the action on the screen as well as I used to and my gaming ability has suffered as a result. While that mostly effected games like shmups and platformers, it has left me with a bit of an inferiority complex when it comes to playing against other people. So I only play single-player games.

I've never owned or finished a GTA game, because I don't like them
I don't own a current gen console
I don't know how to build my own PC
Never played a 2D Metroid
I don't get LoL

The list goes on...

Unity2012

I enjoyed, a lot, Advent Rising, Bruteforce and Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II on the original Xbox.

also... Too Human.

I wish they would remake them all, from the ground up with today's tech.

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
I don't really understand the topic, I wear my gamer credentials on my sleeve and there's nothing I'm really embarrassed about...

I guess if I had to take a stab at it, it'd be that I don't like jrpgs. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE SOME jrpgs, but very very few. Most other jrpgs I try to get into bore the hell outta me and/or hit me with ridiculous mechanics right off the bat with no chance to really learn them. I tried playing Tales of something-ia on PS4 a few months ago and I was told to hold a button to move left and right and equip equipments to my equipments and shit within the first hour of gameplay, it was brutal...

Leocarian

Banned
I love Nintendo but for some reason I never really got into Zelda. The only Zelda I ever finished was Wind Waker and that's it. I never played Ocarina of Time and I have Breath of the Wild, played it for 2 hours and stopped lol. I respect the games but they're not for me.

appaws

Banned
I like Zelda 2 better than Zelda 1.
I like Final Fantasy 3 better than Final Fantasy 4.
I like Persona 3 better than Persona 4

Zog

Banned
Gamer credentials? What a humorous concept but the last page here looks like a repeat of 'post your controversial game opinion' and I love threads like that. So....

I have an Xbox One (my son has a PS4 but I don't use it) and it gets used for Hulu, Netflix & Minecraft. Not for me, for the kids, I grew tired of Minecraft long ago. Modern AAA game design annoys me and the good parts don't make up for the bad. Indie games are like fake retro games so I just play real retro games most of the time. India games are also the reason every digital store is like shoveling through garbage at a dump. My most used console is the SNES Classic and after that it's the 3DS. On the 3DS it's often DS games or Virtual Console.

I am tired of Mario. I should have been excited for Mario Odyssey but I couldn't bring myself to care. I am bored with Zelda. Breath of the Wild was uninteresting to me but then again, I m not interested in open world games. However, when I get the desire to replay A Link to the Past, Wind Waker, etc... I quickly put it down as these are games I have beaten too many times.

I think I am just tired of having anything to do with the modern game industry. Everything that comes out these days is bad news (for the consumer).

ChuyMasta

I dont like Fire Emblem....well, more of a lack of motivation to try due to the franchise being mostly on a handheld. But even on the console releases, I never played it.

The Irony...I main Ike in super Smash Bross Wii u and I'm top 30% ranked on online 1vs1 anyone. So yeah, stealth brag I suppose.

Last edited:
Top Bottom