• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Aksys publishing 999 sequel (3DS, probably Vita) in NA by year's end

Theonik

Great news! I guess I'm importing this and Gravity Rush from the US for Vita. (I assume the Vita version will be localised?)

frequency

Great news. Now I won't have to import for inflated prices and slowly work my way through stupid kanji. Reading is hard! :(

TheExodu5

Banned
Hated the story in 999, but otherwise I enjoyed mostly everything else about it, so I'm keeping an eye on this one. Hopefully it looks great on Vita.

Thoraxes

Which version is better, import-GAF?

From what i've been reading, it's really just up to personal preference. The 3DS offers you 3D with a lower resolution (because well, the screen is lower resolution compared to the Vita), and if it does come to the Vita in the west, that version has a higher resolution and some say a little AA.

Just pick it for the system you like best/own.

Hopefully Vita version gets confirmed in the next few days

I can't understand why 3DS is region locked, one of the reasons I refuse to buy it any time soon.

From what i've been reading, it's really just up to personal preference. The 3DS offers you 3D with a lower resolution (because well, the screen is lower resolution compared to the Vita), and if it does come to the Vita in the west, that version has a higher resolution and some say a little AA.

VITA version also apparantelly has better sound quality.

Without spoiling anything, 999 used the second screen in a very interesting way late in the game. Anything like that this time? That would swing me.

GSR

Yeaaaaah boy. Odd that a title's not pinned down yet; any screens/info, or is it just an announcement?

Durante

It doesn't have "a little" AA, judging from the demo screens it has 4xMSAA at native res, cleaner image quality than most "HD" games out there.

I guess you're right in that the system doesn't matter if you don't care about IQ, but if you care about it the difference is massive.

Thoraxes

Without spoiling anything, 999 used the second screen in a very interesting way late in the game. Anything like that this time? That would swing me.

I've been staying away from spoilers, so I can't tell you :(

I had a prediction that (999 spoilers)
like how there were the two ships in the first game, the sequel would have the 3DS version be like one ship and the Vita version the other.
I don't know if this is true or not, but it would be kinda cool if they did something like that. I'm not sure how something like that would work across both though.

It doesn't have "a little" AA, judging from the demo screens it has 4xMSAA at native res, cleaner image quality than most "HD" games out there.

I guess you're right in that the system doesn't matter if you don't care about IQ, but if you care about it the difference is massive.
Okay, man. But the US version probably won't have Chiaki Omigawa, so that's a knock to both versions.

Looking forward to playing this in awesome 3D. 3DS version is the one I care about so I'm glad that's the one that was confirmed.

I'm still a little disappointed this is a multiplatform title, only in the sense that 999 really could only have been done on the DS and I was hoping this game would have a similar condition. But oh well, hopefully this means more people will actually play it.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
lOErV.gif

999 was so damn good. I'll be sure to grab this day 1.

TimeKillr

Where's Akselziys? I think he needs a collective hug on behalf of all gamers anywhere. I'm sure he'd appreciate getting it on behalf of Aksys :)

Great news!

I hope there isn't some exclusive crap in the versions. I hate having to choose and/or being forced to buy both versions.

I wonder how the visuals will hold up between the two versions.

is Good People Die a translation of the JP title or is it just a fan name?

I liked the demo on the 3DS simply because the graphics. The DS was really held back by its graphics.

Top Bottom