• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONFIRMED - GFW Radio "The Brodeo" will be "LIVE!" at PAX '09

After a whirlwind donation drive starting last week to secure a conference room, it can finally be confirmed that The Brodeo Reunion "LIVE!" at PAX '09 in Seattle! Thanks to many generous listeners and fans just under $1,100.00US was donated toward the cause but funds were made unnecessary by developments on St. Patrick's Day.

The organizers of PAX have offered the room for free . This has been accepted. (Those that donated have been contacted with this information.)

More details will emerge about the specifics of the event as we get closer to September, but it's still awesome to be able to say, "Yes, it's happening!"

And it probably bears repeating, because it might have been missed in the locked thread on this subject:

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (March 13, 2009) – The Armchair Empire is proud to announce that former CGW/GFW Radio podcasters Robert Ashley, Shawn Elliott, Jeff Green, Sean Molloy, and Ryan Scott will be in attendance to take part in The Brodeo Reunion “LIVE!” at Penny Arcade Expo ’09 (in Seattle, Washington).The first weekly podcast of CGW/GFW Radio (or The Brodeo, as fans came to call the podcast) debuted on February 16, 2006 as part of the 1UP Radio Network on 1UP.com. Over the course of its two-and-a-half year run, the weekly podcast’s format changed from a concise 30-minute roundtable focusing solely on PC games to a meandering bull session about the magazine business, griefing, Internet culture, comics, and PC games. The cast frequently took every opportunity to follow tangents far away from proposed topics – a trend that afforded followers a great number of laughs as well as a look at the preferences and personalities of each cast member. Today, people from around the world still listen to and enjoy the podcast, even though a new episode has not been released since September 17, 2008.

The Panel: I have nothing against Anthony or Darren. When it comes right down to it, I made the decision based on numbers for the event and the closing of the magazine as the dividing line between "old" and "new" CGW/GFW Radio. Six people at a long table having a discussion is difficult if not impossible to pull off. As it is, I think five is pushing it but when it came down to which five, I kept coming back to the core of Jeff, Shawn, Sean, Ryan, and Robert. Darren's last appearance was December 2007 and Anthony wasn't made a regular until (approx.) May 2008. GFW Magazine closed down April 16, 2008 and the core really consisted of Jeff, Shawn, Sean, Ryan and Robert. Those were the main touchstones that went toward making the decisions -- with the full knowledge there would be people riding against the decision of the panel participants. I don't think anyone can argue that Anthony didn't add lunacy and insight to the Brodeo, which is why it was so hard to break the news to him, especially after he mentioned the reunion on Rebel FM a few weeks ago.

Nizz

Good to hear! It would have been great to have had Darren and Chuffmoney there too. :( But I can't wait to hear this. Maybe someone will film this?

fushi

So chuf isn't among the Final Five.

Also: please have good sound please have good sound please have good sound

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Without being one of those dudes who shit on otherwise awesome news: it's really not right without Chuf.

LCfiner

Chuff needs to be there and hop on the panel after we get 20 minutes of complete silence from Ryan Scott....

... and one "hell yeah" for the kids.

You sirs of Brodeo need to do this next year for PAX east coast, i will donate the services of my 1993 subaru with 3 working doors.

I'm not entirely sure The Brodeo will work as well infront of an audience. I mean would yaddle milk work in front of an audience? The comfort zone to be very silly might not be there.

Having said that, I hope I am utterly wrong.

DKehoe

LCfiner said:
I hope they get better audience questions than the shit that gets asked at 1up yours panels.
I'd rather they didn't have questions from the audience to be honest.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DKehoe said:
I'd rather they didn't have questions from the audience to be honest.
I think it would be cool if the whole show was questions but there was a requirement that every question worked in some sort of Brodeo in-joke. Would make funny for the long-time fans and a lot of fun to be there that's for sure. :D

zaidr

It would have been great to have Anthony as well, but this is great news none the less. The interaction between Anthony, Shawn and Robert created some of my fondest memories of GFW Radio.

Top Bottom