• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Connie Booth Leaves PlayStation After 34 Years, It’s Claimed

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

The Head of Production at PlayStation, Connie Booth, has allegedly left PlayStation after 34 years.

Citing four unnamed sources, David Jaffe has taken to YouTube to claim that Connie Booth has left PlayStation after 34 years.

“Here’s what I can tell you, she is no longer at Sony, right? I don’t have a lot of details, I don’t know if she was fired or laid off, when I heard the story everyone was telling me she was fired,” Jaffe said.

He continued to say that Connie’s team also walked out and Angie Smets, who worked at Guerrilla for 20 years would be taking Booth’s role. While Jaffe continued to say that these are just things he’s heard and not completely verified, he doubled down on Booth leaving Sony and said, “The Connie thing is pretty much true because I’ve heard it from four people, two in and two out of Sony.”

According to her LinkedIn profile, Angie Smets took the role of VP, Head of Development Strategy seven months ago after her role at Guerrilla.

If the rumor is true, Booth’s departure marks the end of a 34-year-old run at Sony which began in 1989 and in a higher-up capacity in 1995 as an Executive Producer. Since 1998, Booth has had four roles under the Product Development umbrella at Sony which has included Director, Senior Director, Vice President, and SVP, Head of Internal Production.

At the time of writing, Insider Gaming is unable to verify the rumor but has reached out to its sources and Sony for verification.

Last edited:

Kilau

Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Mowcno

Is this the dramatic news Jaffe was talking about?
Yes this is the "Sad, frustrating, potentially super disrespectful news" and now he's upset that people, A. don't think it's as big a deal as him and B. had very different expectations.

Here's an idea for him. Don't vaguely tease stories like this and instead just post it when you are going to post it. Why tease something like this a few hours early. So silly.

Last edited:

Duchess

34 years is a fuck of a long time to work at one company.

Edit: hold up - why are they saying she left PlayStation after 34 years? Did she work at PlayStation in 1989?!!

Last edited:

Ansphn

All I have to say about this is look at Horizon burning shores and look at everything else. Burning shores is still the best looking game and runs smooth as butter. Angie Smet was a part of the leadership team that made that possible.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I guess Jaffe knew her on a personal level, and maybe aware of the work she has dedicated to Sony for 34 years?

That's all I can come up with for how he mentioned it. Just because we don't know her, doesn't mean she hasn't worked her ass off for 34 years at Sony?

Has she been axed in some shitty way, or just retired...that would be the kicker here.

34 years is a fuck of a long time to work at one company.

Edit: hold up - why are they saying she left PlayStation after 34 years? Did she work at PlayStation in 1989?!!

She worked for Sony before PlayStation. People are incorrectly attributing her time at Sony as time at PlayStation.

reinking

Gold Member
Thirty four years, she’s been around since the early days. Back when PlayStation was the fucking shit.

Sounds like a pretty big loss.
At times PlayStation can be just fucking shit it is still THE fucking shit. This has been a good generation of games. Too bad the whole industry has moved to a ship now and fix it later model.

Good luck to what’s her name. Connie. I hope she enjoys retirement. Probably well earned.

Top Bottom