• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Connie Booth Leaves PlayStation After 34 Years, It’s Claimed

tenor.gif

Orbital2060

In terms of workplace culture, she has most likely been an integral part of that being what it is. Ie a person well liked by many others. And she probably knows a lot of people in the industry, she is also taking that with her.

Maybe hard to understand if you only ever flipped burgers at McD, but it has to be a big loss for people who worked with her for all those years.

Last edited:
Imagine if you had some internet goblin tweeting out dramatic shit like this everytime some high ranking person at your own company leaves?

I mean, this stuff happens all the time, even for people at the company for decades. We don’t know the details. Very unlikely this person is responsible for sharpening up the graphics on Level 2 of the next Sony Santa Monica game

Roxkis_ii

In terms of workplace culture, she has most likely been an integral part of that being what it is. Ie a person well liked by many others. And she probably knows a lot of people in the industry, she is also taking that with her.

Maybe hard to understand if you only ever flipped burgers at McD, but it has to be a big loss for people who worked with her for all those years.

Before you insult everyone in the thread, could you provide an actual reason we should care?

That "most likey" is doing a lot of heavy work in your post.

CuNi

Devastating..
Disrespectful..
I don't know how I will be able to get any sleep tonight..

I bet it took her a whopping 12 minutes to get another job... Can you imagine the dread and fear this poor soul must have endured in this time frame!?

Comandr

So it was all a big load of fucking nothing?

The only way I could see this working out to the tone Jaffe was alluding to is if she was actually fired for some reason after 34 years and denied any kind of benefits, retirement, severance, or whatever the case may be.

phant0m

Wow so it was really nothing huh
Fattest nothing burger I’ve ever seen on this site relative to the drama around it.

I’ve been primarily a PlayStation gamer for the better part of 2 decades and never heard of this person. No disrespect but I think PlayStation will be just fine.

Last edited:
Fattest nothing burger I’ve ever seen on this site relative to the drama around it.

I’ve been primarily a PlayStation gamer for the better part of 2 decades and never heard of this person. No disrespect but I think PlayStation will be just fine.

I've been a PlayStation gamer since the start. I know who she is, but I've known who many of these people are because I was interested in the business side of things early on.

mdkirby

With my tinfoil hat on, and perhaps some misplaced hopes. Between all the internal moves we’ve been seeing at Sony (and across the wider industry), it feels like there is a major realignment away from GAAS. There’s been increasing public rejection, with a graveyard of large scale flops, whilst the big hits are straight up single player games. For Sony I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of this activity is gutting of people intimately tied to Sonys big pivot to GAAS.

With my tinfoil hat on, and perhaps some misplaced hopes. Between all the internal moves we’ve been seeing at Sony (and across the wider industry), it feels like there is a major realignment away from GAAS. There’s been increasing public rejection, with a graveyard of large scale flops, whilst the big hits are straight up single player games. For Sony I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of this activity is gutting of people intimately tied to Sonys big pivot to GAAS.

People take their personal feelings and they come to their own conclusions

DeaDPo0L84

This news has brought me to my knees and the world to a standstill, I will be posting a video later of me smashing my PS5, just absolutely disgusting #deathofPlaystation.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
The fucked up thing in all this is that this news should have been broken to the world by SIE, and to her friends, family, and colleagues by Connie herself, instead of a midnight tweet with no confirmation of what happened, why it happened, etc.

Pedro Motta

I guess Jaffe knew her on a personal level, and maybe aware of the work she has dedicated to Sony for 34 years?

That's all I can come up with for how he mentioned it. Just because we don't know her, doesn't mean she hasn't worked her ass off for 34 years at Sony?

Has she been axed in some shitty way, or just retired...that would be the kicker here.
Jaffe always mentioned Connie Booth and Scott Rhode as the best execs and the enablers of the incredible projects done at Playstation, you know, the kind of people Microsoft needs to run their studios.

Unknown?

Why is there always drama when someone retires from PlayStation? It'll happen the next time someone no one has heard of that's been there since 1993 leaves.

Top Bottom