• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console FPS's regularly have the option to turn OFF gun sway?(Does Resistance)

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Thanks to the virtual sickness generated by the movement of the gun swaying back and forth I'm not really able to enjoy FPS and therefore haven't played one in awhile. The brief time I missed around with one a bit back it seemed that turning off the gun's swaying motion helped me tremendously.

Is that option a common option in FPS these days? Resistance? Call of Duty, etc?

shpankey

not an idiot
i'm with you, i really REALLY hate gun sway (and head bob) also. it's frustrating when games don't allow this to turn off. one of the worst ever was Riddick on Xbox, i got through it, but barely!

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum, I hate it when there isn't any bobbing and it looks like you're flying forward instead of walking.:lol

Just feels more natural to me with your character reacting to the enviorment.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
That would explain why I've see you all but ignore GoW...I think. Then again, that's third person.

chigiri said:
I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum, I hate it when there isn't any bobbing and it looks like you're flying forward instead of walking.:lol

Just feels more natural to me with your character reacting to the enviorment.

Depends on the bob. It's never varied/random enough to be convincing. I was just looking at someone play Resistance and it is pretty annoying (the bob) due to it being exactly the same. I like how on PC FPS' there's usually a way to adjust the Bob.

SuperPac

Thank god in this new generation most games will have downloadable demos, so you'll be able to test whether or not something'll make you ill before you buy. Saved me from buying Prey.

Top Bottom