• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

A couple of Ground Zeroes shots:

BjXymEJIIAAcdl9.jpg:orig

BjXxxsIIUAEBvy_.jpg:orig

I really like the lightning and rain in this game!

i-Lo

In motion, MGS GA looks absolutely phenomenal. That said, I can't help but notice that the polygon budget for all assets was assessed with last gen in mind (& is shared amongst the generations). Makes me wonder what SS's poly overall polycount is (since the face got the most attention) and what they can do with Phantom Pain if it wasn't coming out for PS3/360.

impact

Banned
These screenshots don't do Infamous any justice. It looks so much better on my TV, and I have a pretty good IPS monitor. Compression is a helluva drug.

Caayn

This shot actually looks pretty bad. Just look at the trees
You keep looking at the trees and I'll look at the complete picture. It's a good thing that we can have our own opinion on how a shot looks, I think it looks amazing.

SmokyDave

Second Son looks great in screenshots, but much better in motion. Some of the effects are bonkers.

I love how the reflection in the Sprixie's binoculars is what lies behind her. Good attention to detail there.
If they're binoculars (held backwards by the look of it), shouldn't we see a smaller version of what is in front of her?

Unless they're mirror coated or something.

Second Son looks great in screenshots, but much better in motion. Some of the effects are bonkers.

If they're binoculars (held backwards by the look of it), shouldn't we see a smaller version of what is in front of her?

Unless they're mirror coated or something.

Let's go with mirror-coated lenses.

Coolwhip

Banned
Maybe a rule for this thread should be that a game can't be more than 2 posts in a row or something. With how few big games get released these days it gets a bit onesided.

chadboban

Maybe a rule for this thread should be that a game can't be more than 2 posts in a row or something. With how few big games get released these days it gets a bit onesided.

Well, most of us already have to hold back screenshots because we can't double post and they can't contain more than 3 screens per post. I think what your proposing would further limit the people in this thread. I do get where you're coming from, but this is how it's gonna be every time a new big game gets released since pretty much anyone with these consoles can now take screenshots very easily
(Sorry Xbox owners, hopefully MS will give you guys some options soon)
. It was the same with DK last month and it will probably be the same when MK8 and Watch_Dogs are released in May. The rate of posting will cool down in April though.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Nonsense, friend. Arguably the best looking game console game to date was released only 2 days ago so if that's what the people want to post, let them post. It was the same back in November when Killzone and Ryse dominated the thread or Donkey Kong last month. There will be a lot of variety in May when Mario Kart, MLB and Watch Dogs hit so just be patient.

That would be a stupid rule and really hurt the thread .
Times are slow now but as more games come out we will get more variety

eso76

A SMALL open world that exhibits reused assets and one where there is very little to do. It is one of the more tedious and boring games I have played in awhile.

It's no gtav in size and assets variety, but this doesn't make it less impressive, technically. Beyond infamous ss size, it just becomes a matter of development time, it's just assets being streamed and LOD taking care of stuff in the distance.

I think it's fun too.

Some more in action shots.

Has Sony said when that new firmware update hits allowing you to export captures to USB?

BjcDn4pCcAADzIl.jpg:orig

BjcDW9wCUAE86e-.jpg:orig

Bjb7-6ECIAAwI13.jpg:orig

Love the coloring in the last one. Really SS nailed it when it comes to coloring / lighting / particle effects / art direction in this game

The hero of Infamous SS (after the particles) is the antialiasing, I don't know the technical term but it's implemented extremely well and works on transparent textures like foliage. That's what gives it the "bullshot" effect.

Timu

theres a moment in the game right before you get to your family villa (in the second to last level, i believe) that has you walking through a small garden and theres this statue of a faun - that shit looks DOPE. do you think you could get a screen of it, please?
I got 3.=O

iJrO9zYZg9jLg.png

icwDOnRNHHd9R.png

ibioXKxvB5zIUa.png

Top Bottom