• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Shin-Ra

13786117604_ec2b7b2277_o.jpg

13785802753_66d3db7ebe_o.jpg

13785803103_a4aa39570d_o.jpg

Deku Tree

Nah, I upload to abload using the internet browser. I do paste the links in a google doc to use for later but I don't think that would affect quality. I've noticed abload have switched to jpg recently when all my shots used to auto upload as png before, so would that maybe affect shots?

Not sure... Maybe someone else knows?

I've come to the depressing conclusion that infamous SS is much more of a looker in carefully selected framegrabs than it is in motion. the juttery framerate (can't wait for the 30fps patch), rampant pop-in, swaths of areas with totally phoned-in design, and sore-thumb pseudo-reflections all severely hamper the experience. it can still be a breathtaking game when you just stop and admire a particular purview, but they sacrificed overall performance for moments of grandeur. regardless it's an admirable attempt to aestheticize the oft-dull-looking 'open city' genre, and i'm hopeful that once the PS4 hardware is given time to mature, it will be able to pull off this sort of thing without cutting corners.

I think someone sold you some other game in an Infamous case.

Finished the game twice and other than slowdown during the Neon superpower, there is no jitter.

Even more hard to believe is how you say rampant pop in. Unless you are simply over exaggerating the LOD on distant environments, you are playing another game. You can zip around for hours with your Neon run at crazy speeds and never see draw in, the engine is that good.

Man, we're all entitled to our opinions but you are on the attack with flat out false accusations here.

muteant

I think someone sold you some other game in an Infamous case.

Finished the game twice and other than slowdown during the Neon superpower, there is no jitter.

Even more hard to believe is how you say rampant pop in. Unless you are simply over exaggerating the LOD on distant environments, you are playing another game. You can zip around for hours with your Neon run at crazy speeds and never see draw in, the engine is that good.

Man, we're all entitled to our opinions but you are on the attack with flat out false accusations here.

An attack on whom, exactly? Sucker Punch? The people who hold the game in higher esteem than myself? The game itself? That's just silly. I'm only expressing my disappointment that came along with exceptionally high expectations. I don't really want to get off-topic here; I merely posted what I posted in here b/c it was my primary exposure to the game prior to playing it myself (I've largely avoided the OT to keep the experience fresh), and partly what made me so hopeful for the game's visuals (which is if anything a compliment to the talented people in this thread who are purveying great screenshots). But I have to take issue with the idea that my comments are baseless; literally I've noticed freakin' door knobs appearing and disappearing from a distance of about 10ft (in the game world). And I know I'm not the only one who's commented on the fluctuations in the framerate creating a conspicuous jittering effect. SS is an intermittently impressive achievement but ultimately a mixed bag in my eyes.

OryoN

This game is so damn aesthetically pleasing.

It sure is!

What's weird/interesting is that I'm looking through the thread watching everyone praise Infamous SS's visuals; and while it does look good, and is impressive in terms of scale, detail and effects displayed, something about it just doesn't grab me visually. As far as still screenshots go, I'm seeing stuff in this thread that strikes me as much more aesthetically appealing: TLOZ Wind Waker, Kinect SP, Lego: TMVG, for example. None of those games seem as technically demanding, but they use palette, tone of lighting, and art more effectively to create something more appealing to look at. To me, anyway.

zewone

It does, you can make the screenshot washed out or have crushed blacks if you do it wrong.

I just don't see how that's possible. I can take a direct feed shot with my TV off and the photo will still come out.

The only time something like this would happen is like with the Xbox One and the scaler that crushes blacks, I think. Since that's happening internally in the system.

Timu

I just don't see how that's possible. I can take a direct feed shot with my TV off and the photo will still come out.

The only time something like this would happen is like with the Xbox One and the scaler that crushes blacks, I think. Since that's happening internally in the system.
If you set your console to limited but your TV/monitor to full the pic will come washed out, I have examples of this with Ryse.

zewone

If you set your console to limited but your TV/monitor to full the pic will come washed out, I have examples of this with Ryse.

that's only with the internal scaler of the Xbox One, as I had mentioned.

It has nothing to do with your TV's video settings.

Shin-Ra

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk-nTiqIIAEUX4i.jpg:eek:rig

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk-nWTVIIAAP-Bg.jpg:orig
Twitter and Facebook heavily compress uploaded screenshots. If you have the PlayStation app (iOS/Android) you can send the pictures to any other PSN account (another of your own if you don't want to annoy anyone) and use the PS App to open the PSN conversation and save the fullres pics to your phone or tablet. Then you can upload to a service like Flickr.

Shin-Ra

I don't see that happening, them 2-4MB pics at 1080p.=O
They could auto-JPEG them when uploading to Twitter or Facebook.. or not bother because it's uploaded so seamlessly in the background anyway. I hope Flickr's added as an upload option too.

Timu

that's only with the internal scaler of the Xbox One, as I had mentioned.

It has nothing to do with your TV's video settings.
It can also happen with any other system, like for PS4 I set Killzone on limited and full and it's washed out when on limited.

sangreal

It can also happen with any other system, like for PS4 I set Killzone on limited and full and it's washed out when on limited.

right, but that is when you change the ps4 settings to limited (while capture software/pc display is set up for full) not when you change the display settings on your tv. you're capturing before it gets to the tv

Regiruler

Seeing this in person is a lot better than video makes it out to be. 60 fps helps. That said it still has nice screens.

icpyWAPjubbYC.jpg

ibuhwG9JXDDPbp.jpg

EDIT: First image wasn't working properly. Have removed it.

Timu

They could auto-JPEG them when uploading to Twitter or Facebook.. or not bother because it's uploaded so seamlessly in the background anyway. I hope Flickr's added as an upload option too.
Yeah that could work.

right, but that is when you change the ps4 settings to limited (while capture software/pc display is set up for full) not when you change the display settings on your tv. you're capturing before it gets to the tv
That's what I always seem to forget, my bad, lol.

stryke

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=2bed3ee576&view=att&th=14553beae6e9e5fc&attid=0.1&disp=safe&realattid=1465143100290629632-local0&zw[IMG]
[IMG]https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=2bed3ee576&view=att&th=14553beae6e9e5fc&attid=0.2&disp=safe&realattid=1465143100290629632-local1&zw[IMG]
[IMG]https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=2bed3ee576&view=att&th=14553beae6e9e5fc&attid=0.3&disp=safe&realattid=1465143100290629632-local2&zw[IMG][/QUOTE]

Why are your images in gmail?

The texture work and fine details in Killzone is amazing. My gaming PC might be able to put all the bells and whistles on games like BF4, Crysis 3, etc but nothing matches the attention to detail shown in Killzone.

To think it was a (possibly rushed for launch) launch game is crazy. The metals, fabrics, footprints, so many little things that look great. I wish more games did this (and also wish the Killzone game itself was better than average...).

theWB27

Why are your images in gmail?

I use the separate PSN method to get the uncompressed image off of my PS4. I'm logged into the other account on my phone, so I save to my phone, email myself the images and copy the URL from the email to here on my laptop.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I use the separate PSN method to get the uncompressed image off of my PS4. I'm logged into the other account on my phone, so I save to my phone, email myself the images and copy the URL from the email to here on my laptop.
It's not complicated enough, you need to upload it to abload.de or some other service before as the penultimate step.

Timu

But aren't JPEGs lossy?o_O

Top Bottom