• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

What res is Knack? It has a sort of non-native blurriness to it, kind of reminds me of the first couple of R&C games on PS3 (haven't played Nexus yet). Or maybe it's some kind of AA. Either way it doesn't have the pixel-perfect crispness I really like. Though it does look awesome.

Jagsrock

Banned
Let's not make this a "my game looks better thread" and just enjoy the beauty of all these NEXT-GEN games.
ibnoIeCVDI7QxC.jpg

Daingurse

What res is Knack? It has a sort of non-native blurriness to it, kind of reminds me of the first couple of R&C games on PS3 (haven't played Nexus yet). Or maybe it's some kind of AA. Either way it doesn't have the pixel-perfect crispness I really like. Though it does look awesome.

It's 1080p, but you're right the picture quality is a bit soft.

nordique

If they do then why not have journey screenshots here too? When I think of next gen screenshots I think this:

The art style may be good, that's a subjective thing, but wii u is technologically last gen in terms of graphic performance so I find it somewhat not fitting in the next gen league. Just my opinion.

Please don't do this

Also, you must have missed this comment:

Well, you know, you're probably going to find a lot of those "terrible opinions" pop up when people really dislike certain game aesthetics :p. I just want to avoid this thread turning into an unnecessary "Ahh but the technology is better" debate, given we've got a pretty distant gap between Wii U and PS4/Xbone, when it's really totally, completely, utterly irrelevant in relation to art subjectivity. It just doesn't matter which game "looks better" from a technology standpoint if someone deep down prefers the art and aesthetics of another.

Is there a chance people in this thread can just shut the fuck up, and post screenshots, instead of these inane knack vs mario comparisons spiels and "well mario doesnt deserve to be here cause it's not really next-gen" bullshit? Specifically towards SuperEpicGuy, yeah, we got your "opinion" more than once that Mario being in this thread somehow offends you greatly, and is underserving of being here. Everyone disagrees with you, so lay off it. Jesus.

Timu

Microsoft really should had added a screenshot feature for the X1, I have fear that we won't see as many X1 screens and I won't have full uncompressed screens until late next week/early December.D=

I said "WOW!"
For as much as EA not considering Wii U "Gen 4"(so douchey!), this game hold up quite well against NFS:Rivals.

Anyway, here's my contribution: Mario 3D World: Having fun realtime reflections.
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01d8j3q.jpg

I know it's real time, but the "reflection" is not even accurate.

SM3DW looks amazing in screenshots and even better in motion!!

SM3DW pulls a lot of little graphical details that come together beautifully.

cakefoo

It truly is...from all the next gen games i have played. Killzone to me is definitely the best jump graphically out of all launch games.

Just look at the detail difference below...i took the two comparison posted by the other posters for the comparison, they are not my images. Look at the ears and head gear..massive detail difference. I can only imagine what 2 or 3 year PS4 games will look like..especially the exclusives.

PS3
amarectv2013-10-1716-rkce0.jpg

PS4
ibw4yTPxxHQciC.png
And the lighting, don't forget lighting... look at the PS3 collar how it has no shading whatsoever, it looks like a flexible LED screen wrapped around his neck. Then look at PS4, realistic soft shadowing from head to toe.

It truly is...from all the next gen games i have played. Killzone to me is definitely the best jump graphically out of all launch games.

Just look at the detail difference below...i took the two comparison posted by the other posters for the comparison, they are not my images. Look at the ears and head gear..massive detail difference. I can only imagine what 2 or 3 year PS4 games will look like..especially the exclusives.

PS3

PS4
ibw4yTPxxHQciC.png

Wow, thanks for this comparison, to be honest I didn't know the jump was SO big, this just trumps nan-sayers about next-gen and PS4 not going to look any different. Well, at least,the PS4 got the jump into next-gen rightfully.

Effect

Screen shots do not do this game justice. Take this picture for example. The grass and flowers are actually blowing in the wind. I wish I was able to make a gif to really show this off.

fbU73ti.jpg

6Vp7POU.jpg

HgsCUIV.jpg

Pitmonkey

If they do then why not have journey screenshots here too? When I think of next gen screenshots I think this:
amarectv2013-11-1613-v2iw5.jpg

not this:
ibkYHBQ94ryuy0.jpg

The art style may be good, that's a subjective thing, but wii u is technologically last gen in terms of graphic performance so I find it somewhat not fitting in the next gen league. Just my opinion.

Just give it up - Pikmin 3 is a fantastic looking game.

8OIvgkW.jpg

Knack and Mario both look good. Let's all relax here.

Some of the texture/shader work in Knack is fucking gorgeous. They really nailed the crystal effect.

Etzer

This thread and all the ads on TV are making it hard to wait for my copy to arrive.

Seriously, I just saw a commercial for Mario-themed Campbell's soup.

Pitmonkey

You must be posting those wrong they look off compared to the other screens

I've posted 100's of screenshots here, I've never seen Imgur destroy image quality like this.

Regardless, using Abload now. This game gets you right in the feels and is a service to gamers everywhere.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01uur6g.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01q7p97.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01r8quh.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01n9o0h.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

PS3

PS4
ibw4yTPxxHQciC.png
This is the probably one of the best comparison shots between gens I've ever seen. The similar character model, animation, and capture timing are perfect for comparisons and it really shows how much of a jump KZSF is.

KiraXD

more Warframe

ibfqG7JAaeXpon.jpg

ib07Th1jkCtIQc.jpg

the lighting is super impressive in this game... and for a F2P game... i feel no need to actually spend money... its more fun farming for everything rather than just buying them lol.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It's a bit lost without the native 1080p, but:

killzonet0rc5.png

Top Bottom