• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Contact Lens GAF, how do you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, getting them on the first few times was such a pain in the ass. You get used to it, but just don't give up. It gets to the point where nothing fazes your eyes at all haha

kehs

Banned
He will still have the problem of removing them.

Contact removal tool.

h7mRAZN.png

Levyne

Banned
The first time ALWAYS sucks. You're just not used to it. It happens to everyone (or most every, I suppose).

I know "they" tell you to do something like balance the lens on your finger while you hold your eyelids with one middle finger and the other index finger, using both hands, but I have a lot easier time just using my index and thumb in one hand and then plopping it in with the lens on my other index finger.

Chao

Had them for years and stopped using them a couple of years ago.
Glasses are uncomfortable, but try to be in front of a computer monitor for long periods of time with contact lenses: blurry image, dry eyes and a general sense of "I don't want to be here".

Fuck contact lenses, I would only wear a couple of daily ones just for a special occasion or something.

Levyne

Banned
Had them for years and stopped using them a couple of years ago.
Glasses are uncomfortable, but try to be in front of a computer monitor for long periods of time with contact lenses: blurry image, dry eyes and a general sense of "I don't want to be here".

Fuck contact lenses, I would only wear a couple of daily ones just for a special occasion or something.

I know what you mean. I wear lenses to work but when I get home I do switch to glasses generally before playing anything at my computer.

Grep

Banned
Sorry for necro bump, but I could use some GAF advice, I as I tried these type of lenses today.

I wore soft lenses for like 8 years ( vision was good in the beginning, but lately not at all, I have -4 on both eyes and some mild astigmatism). Then my ophthalmologist prescribed me RGPs (which are always custom fit).

Vision is great, but boy.. They are really, really stiff, my experience with soft lenses is useless. Even though doc was happy with how fast I learned to put them on, my eyes are pretty red and irritated. I ll have to wear them each day for one hour more until I reach all-day wearing.

I was hoping for easier shift to RGP lenses, but it seems as a long process.

Thx for any tips if you have them

I used lenses for a few weeks.
But for me it was just too difficult to get them in and out every morning/evening.
So I decided just to wear a pair of glasses. And I didn't even break them being in the army,
which I didn't expect.

I'm going through the same thing right now except I never wore soft lenses. In addition to my eyes being red and irritated at first, they stay really light sensitive all day and my vision appears blurrier than when I wear glasses.

mokeyjoe

I've been wearing rigid gas permeable contact lenses since I was about 13. I've used both soft and hard lenses I couldnt get used to the soft lenses. You should look into GP lenses as a different option. They have a shape that can't be changed and are very easy to take in and out.

I started out on gas perms years ago. I switched to soft dailies a few years later, it felt like there was nothing there. Worn dailies ever since.

Inside out isn't anywhere near as bad a that comic suggests. In fact sometimes that's the problem as I don't notice until an hour later and my eye is all watery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom