• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Contra: Rogue Corps Unfairly hated on or pure trash?

havoc00

Whats the verdict?

contra4.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Best Contra is this. Used to be able to beat this game on the hardest difficulty without dying except for the final boss that would have weird modes and sometimes you got pinched, and at the 10:52 mark that enemy I dont think has a predictable pattern. Sometimes it seemed to just drill you as you went up and down trying to avoid its attack.

To hoard extra lives in the final level just stand on a raised platform in the middle like at 23:26 or 23:51, tie an elastic around the shoot button and equip homing missile. Enemy demons cant get you. Come back in 5 minutes and probably got 10 extra lives.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I try to see the good in everything, but spending more than 5 minutes with this made me question my life and the need to move forward. There are exactly zero redeeming qualities. You can never regain time, so learn from my mistake.

I bought it day one. It's like someone made a really shitty Loaded clone and Konami had the bright idea of stapling the Contra name onto it.

Last edited:
Best Contra is this. Used to be able to beat this game on the hardest difficulty without dying except for the final boss that would have weird modes and sometimes you got pinched, and at the 10:52 mark that enemy I dont think has a predictable pattern. Sometimes it seemed to just drill you as you went up and down trying to avoid its attack.

To hoard extra lives in the final level just stand on a raised platform in the middle like at 23:26 or 23:51, tie an elastic around the shoot button and equip homing missile. Enemy demons cant get you. Come back in 5 minutes and probably got 10 extra lives.

I'll agree with Contra 3 being the best, if you agree that this was the best looking Contra game:

P362rZfbtc4yMpY_ncYPeXN1v5HQ4H6wA_nR86YKLy0.jpg

Always meant to go back and try Hard Corps again. It completely whooped my ass when I originally downloaded. In hindsight I'm going to blame my laggy HDTV back then. Of course the decade and change since then probably got rid of most of the screen lag but added it back in on my poor brain, and the ass kicking shall remain.

I have no idea what Rogue Corps is and I don't think I want to know.

Last edited:

P.Jack

It’s predictible enough, I’ve done plenty of no-death runs. The guy in the video is doing it wrong though, atleast if you’re in a hurry. With C equipped you should shoot up or down while he is drilling, best opportunity to do damage.
I’ll agree it’s one of the two places in the game that’s kinda random, with the other one being, as you said, the final boss. But that’s also doable if you time it right.

Lunarorbit

Have you played blazing chrome? Alien wars was one of my most played games on snes and BC is obviously inspired by it. Definitely check it out

Generic

It's one of the best and most complex Contra games. I played it a lot both singleplayer and multiplayer (that's it, before Sony removed the PlayStation communities)

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Never heard anything good about it, and this was around the time where Konami's name was getting dragged, and had been for awhile. If you're interested in a newer Contra game, I'd probably say skip this and wait for Operation Galuga, unless that ends up being awful, lol. Then I guess it would be play whichever one is the least bad.

Top Bottom