• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

cool things from Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

quin

Next week my neighbors are going back to japan for 7 weeks and they asked me what they should get me. As soon as they said that my head went blank and now I don't know what I want :(

What would be some cool things to have that are rather difficult to import or impossible to get over here?

Obscure Video Games are always a blast and even traditional japanese things would be cool,

any suggestions?

thanks

aoi tsuki

japanese-schoolgirls.jpg

One of those.

With the mandatory response out of the way, we can have a serious discussion about the topic of this thread.

golem

honestly im not sure of anything in japan you can buy that is cool but completely unavailable here.. ive had friends living in japan for a number of years now and haven't really hit them up to track down anything for me (besides gaming stuff like used consoles, a PSP.. and well.. scoping out used Skylines).

karasu

get some weird ass japanese snacks, those are fun. Or you could get that mousepads with boobs.

karasu

I remember when Rickson said he wouldn't fight Sakuraba because his aura wasn't strong enough.

ahhhhhh hahahaha :lol

NLB2

Banned
Rickson has a point there. The only other fighter with an aura large enough to give Rickson a challenge is the golden one.
takayama_profile.jpg

ohamsie

You've got to get your friend to get you something that would embarass them when they purchase it, like one of those anime love pillows that have a girl painted on them

tetsuoxb

golem said:
:lol wtf??

HAHAHA. Jonny is right... lots of disposable wanking cups...

You have to love the sponge soaked with lube at the top.... those crazy japanese think of everything!

I'm having my girlfriend get me Puyo Puyo Fever for GBA, a Deavid Soul album, and a Shugo Tokumaru album when she's there next week. She'll regret getting me Puyo when I pwn her hard on the 'cube (we play Puyo Pop Fever against eachother a lot). Ahahahahaha! So yeah, music is always good and GBA puzzle games are my favorite.

Jim Bowie

Manabanana said:
I'm having my girlfriend get me Puyo Puyo Fever for GBA, a Deavid Soul album, and a Shugo Tokumaru album when she's there next week. She'll regret getting me Puyo when I pwn her hard on the 'cube (we play Puyo Pop Fever against eachother a lot). Ahahahahaha! So yeah, music is always good and GBA puzzle games are my favorite.

Have her pick me up the Shugo Tokumaru album too, and I'll give you head. Or her head. Or, like both at the same time.

Or just cash.

segasonic

pink_p44.jpg

Pink Nipple Cream

This item is in stock in Japan. Weight: 50 g. Price: $4.50

In Japan, a great many women are concerned over having dark nipples or nipples that are not as pink as they'd like them to be -- nipples do get darker as part of the normal process of growing up. The Japanese have created a great product to help bring the pinkness of youth back into women's' nipples. An over-the-counter product, it is considered a gentle solution to bringing out the brightness and color in your nipples.

To use, apply to the nipple area in a small amount daily. If you note that the cream causes irritation, itching, redness to your skin, discontinue use. If cream gets into your eye, wash the eye with clean water and do not rub. Do not use on any area that has cuts, abrasions, or other skin abnormalities. Do not use while nursing. Keep tube out of the sun, and out of reach of children. Keep out of areas of extreme heat or cold. Replace cap after use. We highly recommend this wacky Chikubina product!

xsarien

daedsiluap
I'm certain I recently read about toilets that have built in MP3 players. Have one of those shipped back to the States. Everyone needs to take a shit with Sabre Dance playing in the background at least once in their lives.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
EviLore said:
Then this:
87_1_b.JPG

You're my hero. I've wanted one of those Hao figures for so long. Sadly, I just can't justify spending upwards of $40 on an action figure.

The Rampage one is the best though. I mean, he comes with a yellow card for crying out loud...

fgrJackson.JPG

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Minotauro said:
You're my hero. I've wanted one of those Hao figures for so long. Sadly, I just can't justify spending upwards of $40 on an action figure.

The Rampage one is the best though. I mean, he comes with a yellow card for crying out loud...

fgrJackson.JPG

It is too bad that he doesn't respect what he has... he treats everyone like ass, he could be a star here if treat everyone like second rate because they can't speak English... But I got that only from sitting back stage with him once.... :lol

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Blackace said:
It is too bad that he doesn't respect what he has... he treats everyone like ass, he could be a star here if treat everyone like second rate because they can't speak English... But I got that only from sitting back stage with him once.... :lol

Was this pre or post religious conversion?

Regardless, I liked the old Rampage much more than the new one. His disregard for others was part of his charm. Plus, he plays videogames and likes Japanese women. That's enough for me.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Minotauro said:
Was this pre or post religious conversion?

Regardless, I liked the old Rampage much more than the new one. His disregard for others was part of his charm. Plus, he plays videogames and likes Japanese women. That's enough for me.

Pre... he likes treating Japanese women like trash I was able to gather from that back stage visit...

QJ: Say "I want to taste your nut"

JG: *giggling* "Aiiii, wanto, taisuu you nuto"

While recording on tape for his friends back home.

Most the time they didn't know what they were saying and when they did they said

"oh no no no no no no"

made me sad... I love Japanese women...

madara

Slime Controller? At least some Famitsu Weeklys they must be dirt cheap there until $10 plus in few stores here in USA>

madara said:
Slime Controller? At least some Famitsu Weeklys they must be dirt cheap there until $10 plus in few stores here in USA>

Slime controller? Whuzzat? And Jim: Should be no problem. She's gonna have one massive shopping trop to HMV :p

Edit: Nevermind, found it. That's pretty neat.
dqviii-gets-slimy-20041025063542415-000.jpg

I want a Puyo one for my 'cube. :p Anyone know of some other misc. Puyo accessories that are worth having?

aoi tsuki

Manabanana said:
Any chance you could have her pick up two Deavid Soul albums? i haven't had any luck finding a place where i could buy them online.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Get yourself some anime cels. They're pretty cheap in Japan. I got three (real ones, not dupes) from Ranma 1/2 a few years ago for about 7 bucks each. I sold them on Ebay for around 50 bucks each.

GDGF

Soothsayer
...or you could get products with badly translated english names, like My Wet and Plain White Water.

NLB2

Banned
Blackace said:
Pre... he likes treating Japanese women like trash I was able to gather from that back stage visit...

QJ: Say "I want to taste your nut"

JG: *giggling* "Aiiii, wanto, taisuu you nuto"

While recording on tape for his friends back home.

Most the time they didn't know what they were saying and when they did they said

"oh no no no no no no"

made me sad... I love Japanese women...
Dude, you know Bob Sapp and Rampage???? Tell me you've met Saku, tell me please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom