• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cop Fired Over Tirade At Traffic Stop Once Allegedly Threatened To ‘Blow Up’ A School

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzom21

Full Story
Video of temper tantrum
A police officer in Social Circle, Georgia, has been fired after urging a teenager to fight him during a traffic stop, as seen in a dashcam video.

Records show that in 2014, the same officer was disciplined for allegedly threatening to “blow up” a high school.

James Sanders, formerly of the Social Circle Police Department, was relieved of duty Thursday after footage emerged of the Nov. 23 traffic stop, the town’s police chief confirmed.

In the video, Sanders, an eight-year veteran of the force, can be heard delivering a profane tirade to a teenager after someone in the young man’s vehicle allegedly yelled “Fuck the police,” according to an incident report obtained by The Huffington Post.

“If you want to fuck the police, I’m right here,” he tells one teenager. “I’m giving you every opportunity to fuck me up. Come on.”

He also offered to show the passengers “how big of an asshole police can be,” according to the incident report.

According to disciplinary records obtained by HuffPost, Sanders has been accused of threatening members of the public before.

In 2014, he was written up after allegedly threatening to send anthrax to the staff of a local high school, use a Taser on a school administrator and blow up their building, The Walton Tribune first reported.

Why was this piece of shit still a cop?!
Brandon's "fuck the police" could have gone really badly for his black friend.

Mesousa

Banned
Lol damn black kid was driving.

How you gonna do your boy like that when you know he driving around Social Circle like that? Be careful who you hang out with. That could have been really bad.

NastyBook

I watched the video and the cop was cool as hell. He shouldn't have been fired for this specifically. If they wanted to punish him, then they should've disciplined him someway, but firing him is an overreaction.

I watched the video and the cop was cool as hell. He shouldn't have been fired for this specifically. If they wanted to punish him, then they should've disciplined him someway, but firing him is an overreaction.

He pulled them over for no reason and performed an illegal search of their vehicle.

Mesousa

Banned

Apparently the cop had other issues where he had been written up 3 times in the past.

Cop did seem cool all things considered though. Small town Georgia cops behave like that. Hell they even knew this kid's stepdad.

RS4-

If this was the only issue, then I don't think it was that bad. But considering his previous history, yeah, he done.

Rival

Gold Member
Probably on it's own he would have been disciplined. His past actions in addition to this got him fired. The kids should be smarter as well as the cop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom