• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cops Taunted Black Veteran as He Died (Up: settlement, no charges)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnomed

Holy fucking bullshit. That is sickening to read about. These scumbags need to be reigned in on ASAP and this occurred five years ago. Extremely heartless, how the fucking hell does a person, worst yet a group of professionals get to that point. Fuck off to any defenders of these atrocious acts, no excuses for it in this day and age.

Paz

Reading this thread and its conclusion after that other thread about the guy who was boiled alive I just have no composure left.

COPS AND PRISON WORKERS SHOULD NOT BE ABOVE THE FUCKING LAW.

Brinbe

Simply a criminal organization that is above the law. Zero consequences every single time. Money is not justice.

Volimar

I wish judges could make the police actually pay these claims. Instead there's almost certainly some kind of I insurance fund that pays instead. If common decency can't reign them in, maybe the risk of losing their pension funds would.

I wonder if this man would ever served in the military if someone showed him the nature of his eventual demise.

For a veteran to be left to die in a police shower like that is absolutely disgraceful.
And the folks who go ballistic over a player kneeling during the anthem at a sporting event (respect our troops!) won't say a mumbling word about this.
America is lucky it's Black vets by and large don't radicalisation issues, the country provides them with the kind of disrespect and contempt that causes that phenomenon.

Usobuko

Banned
If you compile all these grieves and injustices for your average moderate white nationalist ( Jontron ! ) to read , I wonder what will be their reaction to this?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
If you compile all these grieves and injustices for your average moderate white nationalist ( Jontron ! ) to read , I wonder what will be their reaction to this?

#waroncops
#don'tresist
#stopbreakingthelaw
#fuckblackpeople

The more you read, the worse it gets.

A sheriff's deputy broke his neck.

To test to see if he was faking the paralysis, they literally tortured him

In the two days leading up to his death he was seen by no less than 5 people in charge of keeping him alive, and none of them did anything

Our country's justice system is such a fucking joke. And Bill Clinton wants to pretend that stronger enforcement saves black lives.

"My bad", "People just die sometimes"
…
I'm utterly defeated because shit isn't going to get better. I'm not going to say how I feel about the person who uttered those words (honestly everyone involved) because it's pretty dark so I'm just gonna leave it at this.

Arttemis

"The doctor warned the jail’s medical director that Williams “looked sick, needed a CT scan and needed to go to the hospital,” court documents state. The medical director, however, took no action. The director later testified he didn’t remember the doctor’s conversation but “if it happened, it was my bad.”
Then he tried to explain away Williams’s treatment. “People just die sometimes,” he said, according to court records."

And no criminal charges. I'm assuming tax payers are footing the bill and these crooked, lazy fucks just lose a job instead of their livelihood and freedom. So fucking sickening.

Arttemis

The former sheriff is personally responsible for $250,000, and sheriff's department (likely tax payers) is responsible for the $10M. The medical board settled privately years ago. The sheriff is entangled in so many other wrongful deaths, too.

I hope criminal charges aren't out of the question, and AT LEAST that sheriff and medical chief deserve to do time in the a cell with the same level of care they administered to there victims.

As far as I can tell, the County Sheriff who was in charge of a corrupt jail system that routinely killed/assaulted its wards is still a free man.

Disgraced, kicked off the force and subject still to multiple lawsuits and federal investigations, but a free man. It has been six years since this death alone.

Buzzman

Banned
You know, there comes a point when people will feel forced to take the law into their own hands if they feel justice isn't served against disgusting acts like these.

Sky Chief

Reading this thread and its conclusion after that other thread about the guy who was boiled alive I just have no composure left.

COPS AND PRISON WORKERS SHOULD NOT BE ABOVE THE FUCKING LAW.

I was arrested once and as bad as some of the other guys who were in there with me for the few hours I was there the police seemed like much more horrible people

RinsFury

It's no wonder cops feel they above the law, when they don't even have to worry about jail time for torturing and murdering someone. Fuck everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom