• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cordelia and Female Robin confirmed for Fire Emblem Warriors

Kenai

Well, I'm glad Fem Robin got in. But this also means Male Corrin will probably get in, meaning that the roster will consist mostly of Fates/Awakening characters.

They've been saying that the roster will consist mostly of Awakening/Fates characters for a long time.

I'm honestly not expecting anyone outside of Marth/Tiki (mayyybe Ike) to be in the main game that isn't from those two (or those generic Warriors-only twins). DLC of other characters is likely though.

Still waiting for Camilla and Tharja.

I would be surprised if they aren't in.

in europe they've recently abandoned the name shiida in favor of caeda as that's the name used in tms and fe heroes, her most recent appearances. it seems like they're trying to move away from shiida as it's a bit silly to give her that name while also maintaining caeda, so if she's in fe warriors i suspect they'll continue to use caeda as her name

Ah good, huzzah for consistency.

Griss

That poll they did for FE Heroes was fascinating, but I'd love to see a poll of the most disliked characters. Surely Robin and Corrin would be at the very top?

'Twould be great if we could quarantine them in this new Mousou game so they never blight Fire Emblem or Smash Bros ever again.

That poll they did for FE Heroes was fascinating, but I'd love to see a poll of the most disliked characters. Surely Robin and Corrin would be at the very top?

'Twould be great if we could quarantine them in this new Mousou game so they never blight Fire Emblem or Smash Bros ever again.

I always find it odd that the avatar characters would be hated. Yes they're a self insert but if anything, they're only guilty of being bland to nonexistent for the most part.

Draxal

I was going to say Micaiah would win most divisive character, then realized Nowi existed.

PK Gaming

No, definitely not.

Robin isn't even a bad character either, so he doesn't have much of a hate base.

Edit: Also how are characters with some of the strongest moveset blights on the smash roster.

Cryxok

in europe they've recently abandoned the name shiida in favor of caeda as that's the name used in tms and fe heroes, her most recent appearances. it seems like they're trying to move away from shiida as it's a bit silly to give her that name while also maintaining caeda, so if she's in fe warriors i suspect they'll continue to use caeda as her name

Really? in Spanish she is still called Shiida. Maybe they simply didn't bother to make US-EN and UK-EN versions?

Anyway, glad to see Cordelia in. Can't wait for them to go in depth about re-classing; if done well that can turn the basic roster into something great.

Also, this better have the 3/4 Regalia users from SD: George, Camus/Hardin, Astram and Minerva. After all, Minerva ended up in second place in the Fliers Voting Gauntlet in Heroes (and had more points than Cordelia before Camilla took em both down)

NeonZ

I'm guessing Female Robin is basically a costume switch and plays the same as Male Robin. Weird Cordelia is going to be the game's pegasus spear unit, thought for sure they'd give it to Caeda as a token Shadow Dragon gesture.

Marth has been shown alone in the CG cutscenes. So it doesn't seem like he comes with his army. I'd guess the other Shadow Dragon characters in the game will be ones who aren't part of Marth's army from the start, like Tiki, or maybe even enemies like Camus.

NeonZ

I always find it odd that the avatar characters would be hated. Yes they're a self insert but if anything, they're only guilty of being bland to nonexistent for the most part.

Corrin, especially in Conquest, but also in the other paths too, likely would suffer from taking many decisions that many players likely don't agree with. Corrin just wasn't written in a neutral enough way for a supposed player insert - probably a result of the creator of Fates' basic story not having background in game development.

Corrin, especially in Conquest, but also in the other paths too, likely would suffer from taking many decisions that many players likely don't agree with. Corrin just wasn't written in a neutral enough way for a supposed player insert - probably a result of the creator of Fates' basic story not having background in game development.
Aw I liked Corrin. It's too bad though about people's opinions of him/her.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
They've been saying that the roster will consist mostly of Awakening/Fates characters for a long time.

I'm honestly not expecting anyone outside of Marth/Tiki (mayyybe Ike) to be in the main game that isn't from those two (or those generic Warriors-only twins). DLC of other characters is likely though.

I am expecting all the amiibo characters to be in

HiroTSK5

I am expecting all the amiibo characters to be in

I imagine Celica and Alm are going to be the first DLC, probably come with their own "Echoes" themed adventure map. Roy and Ike I expect to either be buried in the Adventure mode or included with Alm and Celica.

Edit: Also still no release date?

Edit: Edit: Really glad Cordelia got in was honestly expecting Caeda/Shiida or Sumia to the role of Peg Knight.

Very happy that Cordelia is in! This opens up a lot of options as she's the first flier in the game.

Female Robin is curious, I'm REALLY hoping we can just choose which version of Robing we can play with, or that she's entirely different from Male Robin.

mas8705

I'm going to take it that Female Robin will basically be like a skin so that you can choose between a Female or Male Robin. It would be a touch off if they gave two separate movesets to both genders since one could argue that you could have used that slot for an additional character rather than the same character twice (and not in the sense like Hyrule Warriors where one character can use different weapons).

As for Cordelia, it is nice to have that additional variant of fighter to show that there will also be Pegasus Knights in the game too. Shouldn't come as a shock if we had Xander and his Uber Horse confirmed already (seriously. It is weird to see horses in a dynasty warriors type game be able to bounce around just like a regular unit. It might have happened in Hyrule Warriors too with Epona, but I can't recall if that actually happened or not).

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

They said awakening/fates/shadow dragon aka fe 1, they didn't say awakening and fates and Mar th from shadow dragon

NeonZ

Looking very closely at the text, I think I can make out a "ルフ レ(女)はメインストーリではない" - Robin (female) isn't in the main story. Although I can't read the previous line so maybe it's out of context.

Still, if she really isn't part of the main story, I guess she's just a complete clone that needs to be chosen separately. I wonder if the bond conversations are tied to the main story though? If they aren't then she could still get those.

PK Gaming

They aren't even self inserts, since they have their own personalities, defined backstories, etc. The issue is a bit different for each character, but i'll try to explain:

Robin: Despite utterly failing as a self insert, Robin is a pretty likable character. He's got great supports (his support with Virion is arguably the best in the series), he's a good contrast from Chrom, has good story moments and is laughably overpowered as a unit. His failings come from the fact that they lean a bit too hard on him being "special" and he utterly steals the spotlight from Chrom, but it's not like one of his character traits is literally "people are drawn to him." In the end, Robin's a pretty decent FE character and easily the best avatar in the series.

Corrin: Corrin is also not a self-insert, but unlike Robin, her character is completely devoid of any ambition. Her character traits are extremely generic (one of them is literally people are drawn to her), her personality clashes with her character set up (she's a conversationalist despite being isolated for most of her life...) and her role in the story is... well it ranges from basic (Birthright) to outright awful (Conquest). Corrin is just massively disappointing. She has SO much going for her and they somehow manage to completely squander it. But she's a cute dragon girl and her moveset in Smash Bros is A+ so it's aaaaaall good.

Looking very closely at the text, I think I can make out a "ルフ レ(女)はメインストーリではない" - Robin (female) isn't in the main story. Although I can't read the previous line so maybe it's out of context.

Still, if she really isn't part of the main story, I guess she's just a complete clone that needs to be chosen separately. I wonder if the bond conversations are tied to the main story though? If they aren't then she could still get those.

Probably just a skin/costume like in Hyrule Warriors. Although those appeared in the story custscenes.

Korigama

No, definitely not.

Robin isn't even a bad character either, so he doesn't have much of a hate base.

Edit: Also how are characters with some of the strongest moveset blights on the smash roster.
Given just how much salt Bayonetta generated during top 8 at Evo for how good she was (even more so when her player won the tournament), those strong movesets are probably the source of his complaints.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Corrin's main character traits are compassion/empathy, assertiveness, a strong loyalty to her immediately family/friends, incredible persistence, and a clear naivete of the world perhaps most typified by a desire to stick to all her principles without tradeoffs. Conquest is about all the successes and failures this trait combination causes her, and what she does and doesn't have to sacrifice to see her choice of allegiance to the end.

The reason she talks is because she even cares about the people she's fighting against. If she was actually skilled at talking (which I'd consider the main trait of a "talker"), you would fight way less battles in the game.

Yeah, there's a lot of really silly shit in the plotline, but if you think the only reason people like her is because she's a dragon girl and appeared in Smash, you're missing out on a lot.

Corrin's main character traits are compassion/empathy, assertiveness, a strong loyalty to her immediately family/friends, incredible persistence, and a clear naivete of the world perhaps most typified by a desire to stick to all her principles without tradeoffs. Conquest is about all the successes and failures this trait combination causes her, and what she does and doesn't have to sacrifice to see her choice of allegiance to the end.

The reason she talks is because she even cares about the people she's fighting against. If she was actually skilled at talking (which I'd consider the main trait of a "talker"), you would fight way less battles in the game.

Yeah, there's a lot of really silly shit in the plotline, but if you think the only reason people like her is because she's a dragon girl and appeared in Smash, you're missing out on a lot.
Dang even Nirolak is a female Corrin fan.

I can't win this!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
They aren't even self inserts, since they have their own personalities, defined backstories, etc. The issue is a bit different for each character, but i'll try to explain:

Robin: Despite utterly failing as a self insert, Robin is a pretty likable character. He's got great supports (his support with Virion is arguably the best in the series), he's a good contrast from Chrom, has good story moments and is laughably overpowered as a unit. His failings come from the fact that they lean a bit too hard on him being "special" and he utterly steals the spotlight from Chrom, but it's not like one of his character traits is literally "people are drawn to him." In the end, Robin's a pretty decent FE character and easily the best avatar in the series.

Corrin: Corrin is also not a self-insert, but unlike Robin, her character is completely devoid of any ambition. Her character traits are extremely generic (one of them is literally people are drawn to her), her personality clashes with her character set up (she's a conversationalist despite being isolated for most of her life...) and her role in the story is... well it ranges from basic (Birthright) to outright awful (Conquest). Corrin is just massively disappointing. She has SO much going for her and they somehow manage to completely squander it. But she's a cute dragon girl and her moveset in Smash Bros is A+ so it's aaaaaall good.
I actually do agree, I really like robin, I also don't have much of a problem of inserting myself into him, I can imagine myself saying things the way he does

NeonZ

Although Robin has his own traits, I'd say they're arranged in a way that he works much better as a self insert character than Corrin. What is Robin's main interest? Strategy. And you're playing a strategy game, so it's a pretty natural connection. In dialogue, he's also inferior physically compared to other units, even though it doesn't affect him gameplay-wise, something that's a pretty natural extension of the player likely not being a trained fighter either.

Meanwhile, Corrin's whole "naive princess locked in a castle for her entire life and seeing the world for the first time" concept has little chance to really connect that closely to most players. I think that's also why Female Corrin became popular even among male players. Most people just can't look at that character concept as a self-insert.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Corrin as a self insert I imagine also annoys some people as she makes lots of poor decisions the player would disagree with and then starts running into a lot of failures or Pyrrhic victories with them.

Robin on the other hand has people like Chrom to make a lot of the questionable decisions for her while she comes up with plans to bail everyone out of his messes. I do like Robin a lot, but her position is comparatively a very easy sell even from a decision/success standpoint. She's pretty much a superhero on day one. Her real struggle is gaining trust and acceptance while not even knowing who she is.

PK Gaming

In fairness, I actually like Corrin quite a bit and I think her character isn't completely without merit. And I definitely wasn't trying to imply that people only like her for being a dragon girl / fun in Smash (that was just some self deprecation on my part, lol). That said, I think the people who like her for her personality are still in the minority.

In any case, while I don't agree with all of your points, it was nice to have a discussion about her that didn't immediately devolve into people going "lol Corrin, worst FE lord"

Given just how much salt Bayonetta generated during top 8 at Evo for how good she was (even more so when her player won the tournament), those strong movesets are probably the source of his complaints.

Oh when I meant strong, I meant it from a design perspective. Robin straight up has one of the most fantastic movesets in the franchise, bar none. Like it borderline can't be argued, haha. Meanwhile, Corrin's this really satisfying sword character with neat dragon moves.

Although Robin has his own traits, I'd say they're arranged in a way that he works much better as a self insert character than Corrin. What is Robin's main interest? Strategy. And you're playing a strategy game, so it's a pretty natural connection. In dialogue, he's also inferior physically compared to other units, even though it doesn't affect him gameplay-wise, something that's a pretty natural extension of the player likely not being a trained fighter either.

Meanwhile, Corrin's whole "naive princess locked in a castle for her entire life and seeing the world for the first time" concept has little chance to really connect that closely to most players. I think that's also why Female Corrin became popular even among male players. Most people just can't look at that character concept as a self-insert.

That's a good point too.

Since Female Robin is in it seems Male Corrin will also be guaranteed to be in now.

I'm just going to guess for the actual story mode Male Robin and Female Corrin will probably be the default version of their respective characters.

inner-G

Banned
Eh, would have preferred Hinoka to Cordelia. Way cooler character.

Edit: why do I get the feeling this is just going to be pure Fates and Awakening Chacracters, with Ike and Roy maybe thrown in as a formality.
That's cool with me. I'm interested in this but I've only ever played Awakening

I'm just going to guess for the actual story mode Male Robin and Female Corrin will probably be the default version of their respective characters.
Yep, I bet they look just like the amiibos

L95

Edit: why do I get the feeling this is just going to be pure Fates and Awakening Chacracters, with Ike and Roy maybe thrown in as a formality.
They've already annouced this would be the case, pretty much, (with a "mostly" modifier, so I expect like one exception)

Yay! Cordelia was the character I wanted in most, everyone else is gravy at this point (and the other characters I want are super unlikely anyways). Do we have any idea how she works as a mounted unit? Can mounted units get off their steed?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They've already annouced this would be the case, pretty much, (with a "mostly" modifier, so I expect like one exception)

The game will also have Shadow Dragon characters (so far Marth has been confirmed, Young Tiki has an amiibo for the game, and I'm assuming Caeda is in).

LordKano

I don't know if I can post the screenshots since they're taken from scans. Anyway, here's the info from Famitsu coming in :

- Female Robin won't be playable in the main story, only in side modes. She seems to use the same weapon and magic so she may just be a clone.
- Permadeath : it's more like permanent injury, they will still be there for story conversations but won't take in battle.
- There will still be Classic/Casual mode ofc.
- There are routes in the levels exclusive for flyers, but you gotta watch out for archers on the other end.
- You can collect and change weapons. Some weapons have special effects, like Armorkiller which is super effective on knights.
- Weapon triangle : you can check the effectiveness while in battle through the menu, if you have the advantage the ennemy will have a Stun Gauge. Once the Stun Gauge is depleted, you'll unleash a powerful attack on the ennemy.
- You can give orders to your AI-controlled warriors in-game, but also set automatic tendencies (offensive/defensive) and turning auto-healing on or off. As already announced, you can also just switch characters anytime you want.
- You can have up to 4 characters in a battle.

Everything has been taken from BlackKite twitter account here : https://twitter.com/bk2128

Draxal

Yay! Cordelia was the character I wanted in most, everyone else is gravy at this point (and the other characters I want are super unlikely anyways). Do we have any idea how she works as a mounted unit? Can mounted units get off their steed?

1. Probably like Xander and Frederick.
2. Nope, mount will be super athletic and be able to pull backflips like Xander's can.

Im really surprised how much they have actually toned down the fan-service compared to Hyrule Warriors. Looks like they weren't allowed to change much of the designs this time around.

Top Bottom