- Jul 12, 2012
I don't think there's much question that flu vaccine doesn't work well. The study of flu vaccine effectiveness for 2017-2018 shows that around 80000 people died, but the total number of deaths prevented is estimated at 8000. So this preventative saves roughly 1 in 10, by the models (which are questionable). If someone told me they had a treatment for a potentially fatal condition and that it had a 10% chance of working, I'd keep looking. Further complicating this is that 90% of those deaths are age 65+, and it's known that flu vaccine doesn't work particularly well in the elderly.
I'm not on team #vaccinesdefinitelycauseautism but there are many disturbing correlations that nobody is really seriously looking into, and the possible reasons for that come right back to what you laid out in your post. A sick population == $$$$.