• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Corpse Party: Blood Drive Import Impressions Thread of Bad Ends

Dugna

I know it isn't fitting for Corpse Party but I kinda wish for a sorta happy ending for this...probably didn't happen though. Nice to see how this game looks though, it's freaking pretty.

Dremark

Banned
Not really sure why everyone seems so confident about an English release. I read Book of Shadows sold poorly outside Japan and we still haven't gotten the third game.

I hope it does make it over, I'll probably buy a vita for it if it does.

Yasumi

Banned
Not really sure why everyone seems so confident about an English release. I read Book of Shadows sold poorly outside Japan and we still haven't gotten the third game.

I hope it does make it over, I'll probably buy a vita for it if it does.
XSeed has already expressed interest in making Blood Drive happen. Hysteric Birthday 2U was a fanservice Carnival Phantasm-type thing, purely VN iirc, and not an actual continuation of the Corpse Party story. Its appeal would've been extremely limited.

Dremark

Banned
XSeed has already expressed interest in making Blood Drive happen. Hysteric Birthday 2U was a fanservice Carnival Phantasm-type thing, purely VN iirc, and not an actual continuation of the Corpse Party story. Its appeal would've been extremely limited.

All of the games in this series have extremely limited appeal particularly as you go further in the series.

It's good that they are interested but it seems far from a sure thing considering the statement, considering we don't have to convince them it's simply a matter of wait and see though.

Chapter 4 has been rough on my nerves. Any time I walk into a room and suddenly hear a voice screaming something at me, I bolt for the closest hiding spot, but then I run out of stamina and can see the glowing red eyes and uggghhhhhhhhh.

This game is nuts. And the directional audio is so good.

Varion

Any chance you can shed some light on this twist? Seems like a compelling revelation that will largely be lost in translation by those (like myself) who don't have proficiency in Japanese and simply bucketed everything under Misuto simply doing some villainous monologuing.

I sort of assumed you'd seen and understood it all, haha. Basically, the black ghosts that you run into throughout the school are the spirits of people who're still alive in the real world that have ended up wandering in because of the barrier between worlds started breaking down. Beat the ghost with a talisman or whatever, its real life owner becomes yet another casualty in the chain of strange deaths that's been going on. "So in other words, you're a murderer." T-thanks, Mist...

Would you say that it's better and/or scarier than the first CP and BoS?
I'd definitely say it's better than BoS, but I can see opinions being divided with regards to the original (I'm not going to give my own opinion until I've finished it). In many ways BD feels similar, but in other ways it feels really different. It's hard to go into more detail without going into spoiler territory, though. I've always found the series less scary and more tense and atmospheric, so I might not be the one to ask, but I think I'd lean towards saying the original is scarier, though, with BoS being the least scary and BD somewhere in the middle.

UberTag

I sort of assumed you'd seen and understood it all, haha. Basically, the black ghosts that you run into throughout the school are the spirits of people who're still alive in the real world that have ended up wandering in because of the barrier between worlds started breaking down. Beat the ghost with a talisman or whatever, its real life owner becomes yet another casualty in the chain of strange deaths that's been going on. "So in other words, you're a murderer." T-thanks, Mist...
Seen it all? Yes. Understood it all? Not even close.
Thanks for the clarification, though.
Now I'll feel bad about using talismans.

I would also concur that the original Corpse Party would qualify as scarier even though Blood Drive might well be the better game (and you can certainly make that argument about the story - although it's a much different story being told this time as well).

My one immediate complaint about Blood Drive is that it's almost devoid of CG artwork for the game's 23 obtainable "Wrong Ends". I would have gladly parted with some of the abundant fan service CG art that was doled out (
Chapter 4 hot springs sequence - I'm talking about you
) for a few more of those. My other minor complaints would be the abundant load times and the inconsistent usage of
Naomi's eyepatch
which just came off as lazy.

Reading this thread, ignoring the spoilers, makes the wait for English release all the harder.
But I will remain strong. I will not read any spoilers about this game and go in blind like the others.

webkid94

end of chapter 8
WHAT THE FUCK, what the hell just happened? I mean i knew mist wasnt gonna live, but what the hell did satsuki do to the guy? So what the hell is she? I don't know enough japanese, but she's part of magari's group or something, but what is she????? That was really out of nowhere, considering i thought she died or something. Oh and sachi is the girl with the beady eyes, still looks like a dude to me, ibut from my limited japanese she was sachiko's twin who died in yoshie's womb? I guess that explains the creepy eyes.

Also, yay Aiko's alive...for now? for good? Also, did the guy she was with died or what? I had some weird idea that he was the one who was gonna kill mist, minus the venus flytrap head opening thing.

UberTag

end of chapter 8
WHAT THE FUCK, what the hell just happened? I mean i knew mist wasnt gonna live, but what the hell did satsuki do to the guy? So what the hell is she? I don't know enough japanese, but she's part of magari's group or something, but what is she????? That was really out of nowhere, considering i thought she died or something.
I believe Magali re-animated Satsuki's corpse after she died on the stairwell and turned her into what you saw right there. I have to assume she told Satsuki that Misuto's head tasted like potato chips and she couldn't help herself.

Incidentally, you'll get more insight into this in EX Chapter 7 following Blood Drive's conclusion.

Also, yay Aiko's alive...for now? for good? Also, did the guy she was with died or what? I had some weird idea that he was the one who was gonna kill mist, minus the venus flytrap head opening thing.
As I noted earlier, no loose end is overlooked. You can already see more of Haruyuki and the events following Chapter 2 in EX Chapter 4 (which should be unlocked for you now).

UberTag

It's also highly spoilerific. I STRONGLY encourage that nobody checks it out until they've played the game. Because the impact when it hits is truly something else.
This isn't like the Danganronpa 2 alternate opening. This one doesn't unlock until Chapter 7 of the game (just past the midway point) and will spoil some major plot developments.

And yes, it is mucho awesome. Best track in the entire series. Best opening in the entire series.
Hell, it's one of the best openings of any game in terms of its dramatic heft - but it's kind of cheating due to what it has to work with.

cj_iwakura

It's also highly spoilerific. I STRONGLY encourage that nobody checks it out until they've played the game. Because the impact when it hits is truly something else.

I'm not sure what it refers to(unless it means a certain character's depiction), so I think I"m fine.

Top Bottom