• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could Nicolás Cage perform a good Kratos?

Alebrije

Saw the trailer for Butcher's Crossing with Nicolas Cage as a hunter:

And I reallty think with the right makeup he could perform a Nice Kratos
screenshot-2023-09-19-at-9-03-33-am6513381.jpg

butchers-crossing-critique-du-faux-the-revenant-de-nicolas-cage-1498740-large.png

Obviosly the voice does not Fit but that can be fixed with the guy from the games. What other actor could be Kratos for You?

Matsuchezz

The Guy from Reacher series on Prime, would kick ass, But he is a tad slow. The fights would need to be CGI all the way, I don't think live action will cut it for such epic fights.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

I like his voice and I like his acting. he is one of the few actors I can really stand.

So yeah he can play the voice of Kratos imo ( or any guy with a deep voice. not sure what is the big deal )

Fbh

He is too skinny to be a convincing Kratos and if you they dub him as you suggest you aren't even getting his true performance, so I don't see the point

People mostly see him as a meme now, but he's a fucken great actor.

Cage is awesome because when he is in a good movie he is great, and when he is in a bad movie he is usually by far the best part of it.

midnightAI

butchers-crossing-critique-du-faux-the-revenant-de-nicolas-cage-1498740-large.png

Obviosly the voice does not Fit but that can be fixed with the guy from the games. What other actor could be Kratos for You?

The voice doesn't fit, his acting doesn't fit, his look doesn't fit, his physicality doesn't fit, I struggle to see this in any way shape or form. (or is just that he has a bald head in the above screen grabs?)

He's a National Treasure, he could play the Lord of War, if anything he's known for Adaptation. I could easily see his little Snake Eye's Face/Off against a pantheon of gods. Not Knowing what's Next, It Could Happen to. You never know.

Last edited:

Could Kratos perform a good Nicolas Cage is what you meant to say.

hinch7

Nah he doesn't look or resemble anything like the character. Not the right build, voice or presence.

If it were up to me I'd get someone who's actually fit, looks and sounds the part like Michael Jai White. Scott Atkins would be another pick.. not the best actors though both know martial arts and can pull off proper fight scenes and sequences. Or even someone like Alexander Skarsgård who was great in The Northman.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Could work yeah

tcVgATG.png

Romulus

He doesn't have the skeletonal structure. Chris Hemsworth or Rock types with wide shoulders. Reacher dude with some more age and acting experience maybe.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Honestly I think he would much better fill the role Geralt now that the Netflix show has moved on without Cavill. Only way to redeem that show is a return to the good writing of the books and an even larger superstar. Cage would be perfect.

Shifty1897

Honestly I think he would much better fill the role Geralt now that the Netflix show has moved on without Cavill. Only way to redeem that show is a return to the good writing of the books and an even larger superstar. Cage would be perfect.
Okay I love Nic Cage and The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent is one of the best movies I've seen in years but he would be a terrible Geralt.

Geralt is reserved and emotionally stunted and Cage can portray a lot of things but not that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom