• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Court reinstates Tom Brady's 4 Game Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats hopes resting on Jimmy G

MTE1ODA0OTcyMDUyNDgxNTQ5.jpg

Lol pdf site is down. I really want to read what possible way they could have to reinstate this suspension. The science was horrible.

They basically said Goodell as commissioner has "broad discretion" to mete out any punishment he sees fit under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Not sure the science has anything to do with this at all.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
This story is so stupid

Literally over a year in the news for a guy accused of releasing air from a football, and there isn't even smoking gun proof.

All because people hate Tom Brady

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Good. Justice prevails. Dude cheated, got caught cheating and now has to pay the price.

Patriots probably won't miss a beat. Jimmy G will go 4-0 and play great and Brady will never get his job back. He'll be Bledsoe'd without the being killed by Mo Lewis part.

Herbs

Banned
We didn't need this, but we needed this.

I would like to thank the courts for today's decision.

Eagles still gonna keep losing. Congrats on sucking wind with another losing season. I guess when you have nothing left to cheer for you wallow in this filth. Representing Philly to a tee.

Syf

Banned
They basically said Goodell as commissioner has "broad discretion" to mete out any punishment he sees fit under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Not sure the science has anything to do with this at all.
yet people will say this confirms he cheated

Over what? Dude seemed to understand how ridiculous and unfounded this entire thing was.

Being an appeals court, I would imagine over his understanding and application of the relevant laws/contracts.

I haven't read the ruling, that's just the sort of thing appeals courts usually do.

Cornbread78

Saw this coming. It was no longer about deflating the balls but whether or not Goodell can do what he wants.

Apparently he can which does not bode well for any other player in the NFL.

You can keep saying it, but nobody is going to pay attention to what this is really about. This is a labor issue now and one that might lead to a Strike by the players union soon...

*Can someone (a MOD) add into the OP that this appeal was in regards to Labor laws and not "deflategate" these comments are old and really have nothing to do with what the real issue is here. It's going to get worse from here people...*

I was watching the Celtics and Hawks yesterday afternoon, pulling for the Celtics to win and even the series. When they showed certain key Patriots in attendance at the Garden, I asked myself, "should I be rooting for the Hawks instead?" I almost had to switch game allegiances. I didn't, but for that moment and for every moment thereafter when they panned to Belichik or Kraft, I at least thought about it.

Over what? Dude seemed to understand how ridiculous and unfounded this entire thing was.
Applying the actual law around collective bargaining. Even if the science and the process was debatably garbage. The players union collectively bargained to give goodell basic absolute power. Appeals court correctly said he used that power within that scope.

So God-Emperor Goodell has unlimited power as long as he acts as an arbitrator? A position he has the authority to appoint himself to. Not good for the league moving forward.

phanphare

Banned
Good. Justice prevails. Dude cheated, got caught cheating and now has to pay the price.

Patriots probably won't miss a beat. Jimmy G will go 4-0 and play great and Brady will never get his job back. He'll be Bledsoe'd without the being killed by Mo Lewis part.

he cheated? he got caught cheating?

pretty sure in this particular instance both of those claims have been proven to be objectively false

Seems like an obvious conclusion. Gooddell had the authority to do what he did regardless of if it was him being a spiteful asshole or not.

Paches

Looks like Judge Berman is getting murdered in the ruling.

Impartial Judge Berman, who would ever doubt his rulings!

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/kraft-judge-berman-chat-hamptons-labor-day-party

Robert Kraft went to a Hamptons Labor Day party on Saturday night, with guests ranging from Oprah Winfrey to Harvey Weinstein to Martha Stewart.

Guess who else was there.

Richard Berman.

That’s Judge Berman, the federal judge who overturned New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s suspension.

Kraft was seen chatting with Berman, according to the New York Post, though a Patriots representative told the newspaper it was a “chance encounter.”

Ensoul

Looks like Judge Berman is getting murdered in the ruling.

Berman ruled strictly on the actual case and facts and said there was not enough evidence to suspend Brady. The NFL changed tactics, said the wells report was bias and that that Goodell can do whatever they want because it was on the CBA.

Does not really matter. Brady will try to get his case heard, it won't be and he will get suspended anyway.

JABEE

Eagles still gonna keep losing. Congrats on sucking wind with another losing season. I guess when you have nothing left to cheer for you wallow in this filth. Representing Philly to a tee.

My team is getting a QB this season with the first round pick that was not taken away by the NFL for egregious cheating. Thank you very much.

Also, even if the Eagles continue to lose, which they most likely will, that will never make those tainted Pats Sham Bowls legitimate. They are as dirty as it gets. Systematic cheating.

I'm just glad the few loose ends that couldn't be tied up are unravelling this whole thing before the public eye. We may finally have a transparent view of the scummy Patriots organization.

Berman ruled strictly on the actual case and facts and said there was not enough evidence to suspend Brady. The NFL changed tactics, said the wells report was bias and that that Goodell can do whatever they want because it was on the CBA.
This is not accurate at all.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
My team is getting a QB this season with the first round pick that was not taken away by the NFL for egregious cheating. Thank you very much.

Also, even if the Eagles continue to lose, which they most likely will, that will never make those tainted Pats Sham Bowls legitimate. They are as dirty as it gets. Systematic cheating.

I'm just glad the few loose ends that couldn't be tied up are unravelling this whole thing before the public eye. We may finally have a transparent view of the scummy Patriots organization.
How many picks did you give up to get that QB again?

Have fun with Dan Marino for the next ten years

You realize to the public having a suspension reinstated after being overturned after a year and having the actual evidence behind it be absolutely shit upon paints the Pats more favorably than ever before and points the finger squarely at Goodell for being an asshat right?

Oh no of course not it's JABEE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom