• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

ManaByte

Gold Member
Did Zefah request a delete because Pfizer is going to be FDA approved? Has his whole thing been “i‘ll just spread doubt until I can’t any more?”
Come back dude. I don’t agree with your positions, but you always put the yards in.

Well the whole "experimental" dodge will evaporate when approval hits. Then the goalposts will shift to claim FDA approval isn't REAL and is just a rubber stamp or coerced in some way.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Well the whole "experimental" dodge will evaporate when approval hits. Then the goalposts will shift to claim FDA approval isn't REAL and is just a rubber stamp or coerced in some way.

Yes, unfortunately you're probably right. The anti-vax (or at least doubtful vax) position becomes less and less tenable as every day goes by, and the FDA approval is a big psychological barrier. Would be nice for folks to stick around though, instead of just leaving when their opinion is undermined by the evidence. Zefah seemed like a decent sort. Being able to concede ground, but stick around to continue the conversation would have been preferable.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
People are still saying it's the unvaccinated primarily spreading the virus despite knowing that the vaccinated still get infected and spread to others. Despite this knowledge, they still cling to this idea that if only everyone would get vaccinated we could eliminate the virus. It's pure cognitive dissonance.
That is not what most people think. The data is still up in the air about spread, peak viral load can be the same in vaccinated vs unnvaccinated but their is evidence that the decline in viral load is more rapid in the vaccinated. So there is circumstantial evidence that vaccination would help curb spread.
But what people want to eliminate is the impact of the virus on our lives, we have lived with the flu for a long time it doesn't have a major impact on people's ability to socialize or do business or send their kids to school or choose to get vaccines.
With high vaccination rates we can get there, most of us were 'there' and a lot of us still are. My life is normal other than the 1 in maybe 50 places I visit that require a mask. But with Delta cases rising and increased hospitalizations and deaths this return to normal is becoming tenuous.

The difference is between the idealists who think that we should not have to make these changes and therefore proceed as if these changes won't occur, and those who accept that these changes will happen as hospitalizations and deaths go up, and so want to avoid those circumstances.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Anyone who tries to push that ridiculous line will expose themselves as not actually being interested in the facts anymore. They are just being intentionally obtuse or are being disingenuous at that point.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Anyone who tries to push that ridiculous line will expose themselves as not actually being interested in the facts anymore. They are just being intentionally obtuse or are being disingenuous at that point.

The rubber stamp line comes from this thread. It's already been used.

dcll

Banned
I just don’t get flu shots and I won’t be getting this, not because I am anti vaccines but I just don’t feel the need to get it and that is my choice. I don’t ever get sick during the winter with the flu and I have had several people I know who had been positive for COVID and I never got sick then either. Im not saying I won’t ever get a shot but as of now I’m not interested

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I just don’t get flu shots and I won’t be getting this, not because I am anti vaccines but I just don’t feel the need to get it and that is my choice. I don’t ever get sick during the winter with the flu and I have had several people I know who had been positive for COVID and I never got sick then either. Im not saying I won’t ever get a shot but as of now I’m not interested
season 9 smoking GIF

That’s your choice. I will tell you that where I work, there have been a very small handful of people who were fully vaccinated who got very sick. They were all over the age of 70. Every single person under the age of 70 to this point who I have seen who needed ICU level care has been unvaccinated.

That being said, you are free to do what you want. The odds are in your favor either way but the vaccine will tip that further in your direction, should you choose to take it.

Dr_Salt

1. If you're referencing the study I think you're referencing, it's not from Japan. There's a Japanese version of it, but it's only referencing data that was already done elsewhere.

2. The people referencing that study didn't represent its findings accurately and made it out to be more of an issue than it actually is.

I discussed it here, during my debunking of the podcast episode where Weinstein was talking about potential dangers of the vaccine with Robert Malone and Steve.

But then the lipid nanoparticle does escape the injection site and is found floating around the body. So it indeed is not doing what the said they vaccine is supposed to do. I don't care how little that % is its ending up in places its not supposed to be. How is that supposed to make me feel any safer? Is there any long term studies on the effects of these lipid nanoparticles ending up in places its not supposed to be?

Also the fact they haven't replicated these studies in humans just makes me feel even less safe.

Last edited:

dcll

Banned
My girlfriend is thinking about getting it and I told her I don’t have a clue which one she should get but that is her choice as well

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
at this point it's safe to say both his parents probably died from covid and he was scrambling to find any facts he could use to alleviate the guilt that weighed on him for not getting them vaccinated because he wanted to believe the pillow guy over the entire American scientific community, and that's okay. there's no shame in admitting you are wrong about something, which is to say you are smarter and wiser today than you were yesterday (also known as Growth; what these cultist loons are largely incapable of)

Jaysen

Banned
I know quite a few who do not want to be vaccinated. All of them are between 20 and 40, in good health and are clear supporters of vaccination. They still do not want to be vaccinated against COVID-19. None of them is spouting any conspiracy garbage or anything else, but it is a personal decision based on the current data for this age group.

When you hear of hundreds of COVID cases from work, colleagues, friends and family and all are healthy again, then it is also difficult to argue for vaccination, because most just want to wait a little longer and/or are still cautious because possible long term effects of vaccination, which very likely will never occur. At the same time these people urge others, especially the elderly or sick, to get vaccinated against COVID asap.

I don't know what is so difficult to understand about the fact that some people don't want to argue AGAINST a vaccination, but that they just want to consider their personal risk. This is of course lower with vaccination, but for many under 50 an infection and severe consequences are extremely rare. Some people know this and are willing to take this very small risk of becoming infected unvaccinated, because then they would never have to worry about long-term consequences, even if they know that the chance is almost non-existent.

Sometimes it seems that some vaccinated people are still looking for confirmation that it was the right decision to get vaccinated (which in my personal opinion is never the wrong decision). If you're vaxxed, that's cool. So am I.
But all of that doesn't change the fact, that there are other people with their own personal reasons which have nothing to do with the conspiracy anti-vaxxers, who are complete morons ofc. In the process, many raging vaccinated people don't even notice that they are on the same level of stupid conspiracy anti-vaxxers, because they only see good and evil, me vs them or smart and dumb.
The people you’re describing don’t fight against mask mandates, and don’t boycott and scream when other methods have to be initiated because too many dipshits continue to spread the virus.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
at this point it's safe to say both his parents probably died from covid and he was scrambling to find any facts he could use to alleviate the guilt that weighed on him for not getting them vaccinated because he wanted to believe the pillow guy over the entire American scientific community, and that's okay. there's no shame in admitting you are wrong about something, which is to say you are smarter and wiser today than you were yesterday (also known as Growth; what these cultist loons are largely incapable of)

Who are you talking about?

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I'm confused. Did you accidentally delete a quote in that post? Who are you talking about.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
obviously I'm not being literal about his parents dying - just saying there's a reason why people act the way they do and go to the lengths that he did in an attempt contradict an overwhelming scientific consensus. my bad lol

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

In December of 2020 he tweeted "I have a very low risk of A) Getting COVID and B) dying of it if I do. Why would I risk getting a heart attack or paralysis by getting the vaccine?"

He even recorded a parody song - Vaxman - mocking the vaccine.
"

:messenger_expressionless:

RAÏSanÏa

In December of 2020 he tweeted "I have a very low risk of A) Getting COVID and B) dying of it if I do. Why would I risk getting a heart attack or paralysis by getting the vaccine?"

He even recorded a parody song - Vaxman - mocking the vaccine.

In July, he told his audience he had COVID and he expected to be back soon.

But later updates from family and friends indicated how serious it was.

Valentine's brother said Phil regretted not being more pro-vaccine and wrote if he got back on the radio he would encourage people to get vaccinated.

Will this repeating tragic story change any platformed antivaxxers positions to pro-vaccine before they are terminal?

This deathbed recanting is so common with antivaxxers it's becoming gallows humour.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!

GIF by Giphy QA

You silly fucking cunts.

Australia (and New Zealand) are weird ones. They are maximizing their response in regards to lockdowns, travel, masking, etc, but then they seem to incapable of rolling out the vaccines in large numbers. These are not poor countries. I just don't get it.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Australia (and New Zealand) are weird ones. They are maximizing their response in regards to lockdowns, travel, masking, etc, but then they seem to incapable of rolling out the vaccines in large numbers. These are not poor countries. I just don't get it.

Entirely the government’s fault. Got way too complacent about vaccine procurement because covid levels were so low, but now delta has hit and they can’t stop it. They could have easily scored enough vaccines, but Morrison decided it “wasn’t a race” (his words) and now it’s a clusterfuck.

Keihart

Entirely the government’s fault. Got way too complacent about vaccine procurement because covid levels were so low, but now delta has hit and they can’t stop it. They could have easily scored enough vaccines, but Morrison decided it “wasn’t a race” (his words) and now it’s a clusterfuck.
I saw somewhere some news about several labs developing aerosol vaccines that need only a fraction of the solution to be equally effective, with the idea of making vaccines manufacture cheaper and easier to access for poorer countries.

No idea what's currently going on with that.

BadBurger

Man, that's like the fifth or sixth such story I've read in the past few weeks. "Reality ain't real! Yeehaaa! Buy my book and like and subscribe!" *dies*

These are the dumb-ass grifters that believed their own bullshit. Grift the hell out of the gullible, go for it, it's a free country, but you should have gotten that free shot first.

Dr_Salt

Chill out with the personal attacks.

DeaDPo0L84

Last edited:
People definitely shouldn’t be going to farm stores to get horse medication. But obviously ivermectin being effective would be amazing and if it makes a difference, we should be using it as much as possible.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
But then the lipid nanoparticle does escape the injection site and is found floating around the body. So it indeed is not doing what the said they vaccine is supposed to do. I don't care how little that % is its ending up in places its not supposed to be. How is that supposed to make me feel any safer? Is there any long term studies on the effects of these lipid nanoparticles ending up in places its not supposed to be?

Also the fact they haven't replicated these studies in humans just makes me feel even less safe.
Think about it again. First of all, it is doing what it's supposed to do.

Second of all, under all other normal tests there is an undetectable level of nanoparticle remnants. The only reason they were able to detect anything at all was because they used a higher concentration of nanoparticle initially, and they used specialized equipment meant to detect extremely small quantities of stuff.

Lipids are what makes up soaps and fats. You don't have anything to fear from lipids.

Your fears are unfounded. You aren't concerned about the 10 micrograms per liter of water in your drinking water are you?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I already know that Ivermectin is the best approved medicine now for Covid 19. I want more data with 12m as the dose as a prophylaxis.
The Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, and Az vaccines are the best approved medicine for COVID 19.

IVM is proven safe when used in prescribed doses, but has not been proven to help against COVID 19. The various studies that show promise are not proof. There are still potential flaws in their methodology.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Jaysen

Banned
Tragic.

Is this true or just CYA I wonder? If it's true, he would have been a big help to change people's minds.
Probably just the brothers words. Phil has been on a ventilator most of the time. He wouldn’t have been talking to anyone. And even if true, his idiot listeners would have immediately turned on him anyway.

Last edited:

BadBurger

The Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, and Az vaccines are the best approved medicine for COVID 19.

IVM is proven safe when used in prescribed doses, but has not been proven to help against COVID 19. The various studies that show promise are not proof. There are still potential flaws in their methodology.

I posted an exhaustive article on it, but in short, the only published study that suggested Ivermectin had positive effects in preventing infection was an Egyptian one that was retracted because they committed data fakery and plagiarized the introduction.

Most other studies had far too small a pool of being tested to have any worthwhile conclusions. There was finally a large study performed and the results discussed at a NIH symposium, in which they revealed that it had no significant effects in regards to SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19.

Like many antiparasitic treatments it showed some antiviral effects in vitro (in a test tube), but that's not surprising. Table salt is effective against many viruses in vitro. But in vivo - no significant results or no results at all.

So please T Thesuffering79 , don't take a dewormer thinking it help prevent infection or treat you. Chances are you'll administer it improperly and make yourself sick. The vaccines are safe and free.

Last edited:

KiNeMz

Banned
Fair go mate. You can go blame the government. But half of the issue is around the logistics. I have been involved in building some of the call centers for Victoria's vaccine rollout. Its just not feasible to administer 40million vaccines to the entire country in 6 months. Not with our infrastructure.

I was assisting one of Victoria's biggest hospitals in reducing its telephone capacity. They could handle 300 concurrent phone calls for the entire hospital. This was full due to the influx of people trying to book a vaccine appointment. Stressed the Hospitals communication systems which raised huge safety and risk issues. So there is a reverse impact this Vaccine rollout is having on hospitals that you may not be aware of. Covid stresses the system one way and Vaccine rollout hits from another angle. My point though is that people had call backs in the system waiting for 2 weeks because staff could not keep up. People trying to get the vaccine but just cant. Everywhere is understaffed and under resourced and cannot accommodate for a mass vaccination rollout on a national scale.

Since then the government purchased a Microsoft platform to assist with the national rollout which has improved it. Buy again that had to be custom built and took time. So now the inbound systems are now up to scratch but there are not enough facilities. Hospitals are decking out their carparks and building mass vaccination centers. So these places need to be fitted out, made sterile, power cabled, data and networks, climate control signed off for safety all the like. and Then comes staffing. How many nurses will it take to administer 30-40million Vaccines? Again another hit to Hospital resources. Then security, doctors facilities management traffic control. All these components are taking a huge hit.

So now Australia is at approx. 27-28% vaccination status. I don't see them hitting the 80% target for another 12 months if possible with all the hesitant, not fit for or exempt and anti covid vaxxers.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Probably just the brothers words. Phil has been on a ventilator most of the time. He wouldn’t have been talking to anyone. And even if true, his idiot listeners would have immediately turned on him anyway.
He wouldn't have convinced all of his audience, but I think a small portion could have been swayed. It would have been better than nothing.

Him experiencing viewer pushback would have been something.

Top Bottom