• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Fair go mate. You can go blame the government. But half of the issue is around the logistics. I have been involved in building some of the call centers for Victoria's vaccine rollout. Its just not feasible to administer 40million vaccines to the entire country in 6 months. Not with our infrastructure.

I was assisting one of Victoria's biggest hospitals in reducing its telephone capacity. They could handle 300 concurrent phone calls for the entire hospital. This was full due to the influx of people trying to book a vaccine appointment. Stressed the Hospitals communication systems which raised huge safety and risk issues. So there is a reverse impact this Vaccine rollout is having on hospitals that you may not be aware of. Covid stresses the system one way and Vaccine rollout hits from another angle. My point though is that people had call backs in the system waiting for 2 weeks because staff could not keep up. People trying to get the vaccine but just cant. Everywhere is understaffed and under resourced and cannot accommodate for a mass vaccination rollout on a national scale.

Since then the government purchased a Microsoft platform to assist with the national rollout which has improved it. Buy again that had to be custom built and took time. So now the inbound systems are now up to scratch but there are not enough facilities. Hospitals are decking out their carparks and building mass vaccination centers. So these places need to be fitted out, made sterile, power cabled, data and networks, climate control signed off for safety all the like. and Then comes staffing. How many nurses will it take to administer 30-40million Vaccines? Again another hit to Hospital resources. Then security, doctors facilities management traffic control. All these components are taking a huge hit.

So now Australia is at approx. 27-28% vaccination status. I don't see them hitting the 80% target for another 12 months if possible with all the hesitant, not fit for or exempt and anti covid vaxxers.
Were hospitals the only option for vaccine rollouts? In America there were a lot of places that were requisitioned for vaccination deployment. Movie theaters, CVS, Walgreens, Walmarts, churches, community centers, etc.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
But why take a proven vaccine when there’s perfectly good horse paste to be eaten instead?
Because they felt like they Neigh'd it.....

200.gif

KiNeMz

Banned
Were hospitals the only option for vaccine rollouts? In America there were a lot of places that were requisitioned for vaccination deployment. Movie theaters, CVS, Walgreens, Walmarts, churches, community centers, etc.
NO they arent. There is a mass vaccination certe in the Heart of Melbourne city. I think each state has a large center. Also Chemists and some Doctors practices. But to handle any large numbers and queues are the hospitals.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I just don’t get flu shots and I won’t be getting this, not because I am anti vaccines but I just don’t feel the need to get it and that is my choice. I don’t ever get sick during the winter with the flu and I have had several people I know who had been positive for COVID and I never got sick then either. Im not saying I won’t ever get a shot but as of now I’m not interested
I have to admit that I only get the flu shot every other year or so, mainly because I am lazy and forgetful. Seems like it would be worth getting the COVID vaccine just to avoid all the social hassles though even if you aren't expecting any health issues?

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

Straight from the horse's mouth.

I'll show myself out.....

But my sister's best friend on Facebook who has a cousin who has a brother whose girlfriend follows a doctor on Instagram says that I need to take horse medicine immediately!!!!!

Are you telling me that these uneducated morons are an untrustworthy source of medical information???????????????????????

300px-Surprised_Pikachu_HD.jpg

Dr_Salt

Think about it again. First of all, it is doing what it's supposed to do.

Second of all, under all other normal tests there is an undetectable level of nanoparticle remnants. The only reason they were able to detect anything at all was because they used a higher concentration of nanoparticle initially, and they used specialized equipment meant to detect extremely small quantities of stuff.

Lipids are what makes up soaps and fats. You don't have anything to fear from lipids.

Your fears are unfounded. You aren't concerned about the 10 micrograms per liter of water in your drinking water are you?
Is there even a single study on the biodistribution of the mrna vaccine in humans? Also I don't fear lipids, I fear lipids that have spike protein. You well know what I'm talking about so spare me the sarcasm please.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Is there even a single study on the biodistribution of the mrna vaccine in humans? Also I don't fear lipids, I fear lipids that have spike protein. You well know what I'm talking about so spare me the sarcasm please.
What about capsids containing full viral RNA rather than just the spike mRNA?

The Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, and Az vaccines are the best approved medicine for COVID 19.

IVM is proven safe when used in prescribed doses, but has not been proven to help against COVID 19. The various studies that show promise are not proof. There are still potential flaws in their methodology.
I posted an exhaustive article on it, but in short, the only published study that suggested Ivermectin had positive effects in preventing infection was an Egyptian one that was retracted because they committed data fakery and plagiarized the introduction.

Most other studies had far too small a pool of being tested to have any worthwhile conclusions. There was finally a large study performed and the results discussed at a NIH symposium, in which they revealed that it had no significant effects in regards to SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19.

Like many antiparasitic treatments it showed some antiviral effects in vitro (in a test tube), but that's not surprising. Table salt is effective against many viruses in vitro. But in vivo - no significant results or no results at all.

So please T Thesuffering79 , don't take a dewormer thinking it help prevent infection or treat you. Chances are you'll administer it improperly and make yourself sick. The vaccines are safe and free.

That isnt true. I posted multiple studies on it. I dont think i have used an Egyptian one at all.

People just make things up in this thread.

Edit also i said medicine not vaccine. For treatment of covid, show me a medicine that reduces duration by 3 days or more like ivermectin.

Edit 2: You actually used a Salon article as your source? Jesus Christ.

Edit 3: Turns out that "medicine" is an all encompassing term. I meant treatment. I know ivermectin is less effective than vaccines for prevention if you continually take boosters every 6 months.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
That isnt true. I posted multiple studies on it. I dont think i have used an Egyptian one at all.

People just make things up in this thread.

Edit also i said medicine not vaccine. For treatment of covid, show me a medicine that reduces duration by 3 days or more like ivermectin.

Edit 2: You actually used a Salon article as your source? Jesus Christ.

Edit 3: Turns out that "medicine" is an all encompassing term. I meant treatment. I know ivermectin is less effective than vaccines for prevention if you continually take boosters every 6 months.

All of those studies are mentioned in the article I posted previously (they provided all of their sources or linked to the medical statements throughout). Those studies you posted all had too few participants to have meaningful results, or were focused on in vitro and not in vivo (also mentioned in the article). They're from countries that dearly want it to be true, that a common and cheap antiparasitic can help against COVID-19, but they didn't stand up to peer review.

You're making untrue claims. Also notice the tweet from the US FDA I just posted earlier.

Please don't think self administering a dewormer is going to prevent infection. Again, you may harm yourself. Please take the safe vaccines instead, which have been administered over 4.5 billion times and proven to be highly, highly effective.

- Side note: you're going to have a difficult time locating a debunked, retracted peer reviewed study. Because once retracted, the journal often takes it down .....

One last edit: you turn your nose up because the article was published by Salon - but their writers are familiar with the topic and rely upon experts, doctors, and the like to interpret data they themselves are not experts in, evident by their numerous sourcings and quotes. Are you a virologist? A medical doctor? Do you have any background in relevant laboratory research? Did you consult even your own doctor regarding these "findings"?

Look, I am trying to help you. I don't want you to end up a member of the "I did my own research" meme. Good luck and Godspeed, I mean that if you intend on taking that drug and not getting vaccinated.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
But my sister's best friend on Facebook who has a cousin who has a brother whose girlfriend follows a doctor on Instagram says that I need to take horse medicine immediately!!!!!

Are you telling me that these uneducated morons are an untrustworthy source of medical information???????????????????????

300px-Surprised_Pikachu_HD.jpg

"Ivermectin proved to be more of a 'Wonder drug' in human health, improving nutrition, general health and wellbeing in billions of people worldwide ever since it was first used to treat Onchocerciasis in humans in 1988. It proved ideal in many ways, being highly effective and broad spectrum, safe, well tolerated and easily administered..."

- Satoshi Omura, Nobel Prize winner

There's a way to discredit Ivermectin and it's not by tweeting "DeRp YoUr NoT a CoW dErp".

BadBurger

"Ivermectin proved to be more of a 'Wonder drug' in human health, improving nutrition, general health and wellbeing in billions of people worldwide ever since it was first used to treat Onchocerciasis in humans in 1988. It proved ideal in many ways, being highly effective and broad spectrum, safe, well tolerated and easily administered..."

- Satoshi Omura, Nobel Prize winner

There's a way to discredit Ivermectin and it's not by tweeting "DeRp YoUr NoT a CoW dErp".

Yes, it's a great antiparasitic. That's what it does.

Aspirin helps alleviate the headaches and muscle pains of billions yearly, but it will do fuck-all against COVID.

All of those studies are mentioned in the article I posted previously (they provided all of their sources or linked to the medical statements throughout). Those studies you posted all had too few participants to have meaningful results, or were focused on in vitro and not in vivo (also mentioned in the article). They're from countries that dearly want it to be true, that a common and cheap antiparasitic can help against COVID-19, but they didn't stand up to peer review.

You're making untrue claims. Also notice the tweet from the US FDA I just posted earlier.

Please don't think self administering a dewormer is going to prevent infection. Again, you may harm yourself. Please take the safe vaccines instead, which have been administered over 4.5 billion times and proven to be highly, highly effective.

- Side note: you're going to have a difficult time locating a debunked, retracted peer reviewed study. Because once retracted, the journal often takes it down .....

Dude stop using Salon as a source. SMH.

Are you really making me debunk a Salon article? That site is just propaganda.

I mean it says that Ivermectin can cause death link me a death purely caused by normal use of ivermectin. Just one. Millions of people use ivermectin as a prophylaxis too. Mexico and South Africa use it.

BadBurger

Did the FDA Twitter suggest Aspirin was for horses?

I'm not sure if you're being facetious, but they're framing that way for impact. They're the FDA, they know what it's used for the world over. In the 'States it's mostly used for treating farm animals, and it's that animal-grade version many people in the 'States are rushing out to get from agricultural supply shops. Context, nuance, the English language, all that.

BadBurger

Dude stop using Salon as a source. SMH.

Are you really making me debunk a Salon article? That site is just propaganda.

I mean it says that Ivermectin can cause death link me a death purely caused by normal use of ivermectin. Just one. Millions of people use ivermectin as a prophylaxis too. Mexico and South Africa use it.

I'll repeat the part of my post you left out, and then I'm done:

One last edit: you turn your nose up because the article was published by Salon - but their writers are familiar with the topic and rely upon experts, doctors, and the like to interpret data they themselves are not experts in, evident by their numerous sourcings and quotes. Are you a virologist? A medical doctor? Do you have any background in relevant laboratory research? Did you consult even your own doctor regarding these "findings"?

Look, I am trying to help you. I don't want you to end up a member of the "I did my own research" meme. Good luck and Godspeed, I mean that if you intend on taking that drug and not getting vaccinated.

Again, good luck. I tried.

Jaysen

Banned
FDA trying to convince idiots to stop being idiots. Good luck, FDA, but you’re scientists, not know-nothing Facebook morons, which means they won’t listen to you.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I'm not sure if you're being facetious, but they're framing that way for impact. They're the FDA, they know what it's used for the world over. In the 'States it's mostly used for treating farm animals, and it's that animal-grade version many people in the 'States are rushing out to get from agricultural supply shops. Context, nuance, the English language, all that.

So they lied "for impact".

The FDA shouldn't be lying. Go after Ivermectin by saying it's not effective in combating Covid. Tweeting "YoUr NoT a CoW" does nothing for the skeptics because it's dishonest framing.

A percentage of people are losing trust in institutions for exactly this kind of stuff.

Last edited:

The FDA shouldn't be lying. Go after Ivermectin by saying it's not effective in combating Covid. Tweeting "YoUr NoT a CoW" does nothing for the skeptics because it's dishonest framing.

A percentage of people are losing trust in institutions for exactly this kind of stuff.
The FDA is paid by pharmaceutical companies to review their product since 1992. The is a big conflict of interest problem happening there but the scope I don't know because there is no data there about it.

BadBurger

What did they lie about? You didn't bother to click the link in the tweet did you? They exhaustively explain everything. What it is, what it's used for, the differences between human and animal versions and doses, etc. Here's their statement (or you can just click on the tweet yourself):

So read that, and let us know what they lied about in there.

That's a rhetorical question by the way, we know they didn't lie. You're just being contrarian for reasons that are beyond me.

Edit: oh boy the anti-vaxxers are now attacking the FDA, the federal agency that just yesterday they referenced for their reason not to get the vaccine (but curiously not Regeneron?). And now they're against the FDA so that they can take animal-grade medicine meant for something else. It's crazyville sometimes in this thread lol

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
What did they lie about? You didn't bother to click the link in the tweet did you? They exhaustively explain everything. What it is, what it's used for, the differences between human and animal versions and doses, etc. Here's their statement (or you can just click on the tweet yourself):

So read that, and let us know what they lied about in there.

That's a rhetorical question by the way, we know they didn't lie. You're just being contrarian for reasons that are beyond me.

It's a pretty generic article that doesn't do much one way or the other, but it's obviously framed dishonestly as the headline, and the first few paragraphs are themed "ItS fOr AnIMaLs DuMmIeS!"

I wonder if they knew that the vast majority of people would only read the title, less would read the first few paragraphs, and even less would get to the end (when they FINALLY mention it's use on humans)? This isn't a particularly sophisticated tactic.

The way you take down Ivermectin is by showing the public that it's ineffective in a number of high quality studies. Simple.

Instead, the tactic they use is "YoUr NoT cOw", which is how mothers talk to their two year old children.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
He might work in the industry. Stuff like what he is saying can get him fired if they trace it back to him.

That‘s not the reason he left. I think the FDA approval shook him because it removed a crutch for his argument, along with Evilore‘s pro-vaccine viewpoint. Quite a few people have left the site when they discover the guy who runs it doesn’t necessarily agree with their opinion.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Fair go mate. You can go blame the government. But half of the issue is around the logistics. I have been involved in building some of the call centers for Victoria's vaccine rollout. Its just not feasible to administer 40million vaccines to the entire country in 6 months. Not with our infrastructure.

I was assisting one of Victoria's biggest hospitals in reducing its telephone capacity. They could handle 300 concurrent phone calls for the entire hospital. This was full due to the influx of people trying to book a vaccine appointment. Stressed the Hospitals communication systems which raised huge safety and risk issues. So there is a reverse impact this Vaccine rollout is having on hospitals that you may not be aware of. Covid stresses the system one way and Vaccine rollout hits from another angle. My point though is that people had call backs in the system waiting for 2 weeks because staff could not keep up. People trying to get the vaccine but just cant. Everywhere is understaffed and under resourced and cannot accommodate for a mass vaccination rollout on a national scale.

Since then the government purchased a Microsoft platform to assist with the national rollout which has improved it. Buy again that had to be custom built and took time. So now the inbound systems are now up to scratch but there are not enough facilities. Hospitals are decking out their carparks and building mass vaccination centers. So these places need to be fitted out, made sterile, power cabled, data and networks, climate control signed off for safety all the like. and Then comes staffing. How many nurses will it take to administer 30-40million Vaccines? Again another hit to Hospital resources. Then security, doctors facilities management traffic control. All these components are taking a huge hit.

So now Australia is at approx. 27-28% vaccination status. I don't see them hitting the 80% target for another 12 months if possible with all the hesitant, not fit for or exempt and anti covid vaxxers.

The government completely failed to establish the infrastructure to hand out the vaccine, no argument with that. The combination of not procuring enough, not creating the infrastructure, and also using anti-vax messaging has created the current mess. They got lazy and complacent because cases were so low, and thought it would burn itself out, while other countries like the U.K did the opposite, due to higher case rates. It would have actually been better if Australia had got ‘the fear’ properly last year by having more cases. Things would have progressed faster.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Zefah’s a good guy. He just painted himself into an untenable corner with this vaccine “skepticism” position.

This is not skepticism in the sense that the scientific community employs. Skepticism is dispassionate evaluation of empirical evidence and not falling for ideologues and bullshitters. It is also emotionally detaching to evaluate your own stances for ideology and bullshit.

Skepticism is ignoring politicians who have no idea what they’re talking about when they tell you to use some fringe treatment or to ignore a deadly virus. Skepticism is refusing to be afraid of “mRNA” because you don’t understand what it is, and instead breaking out a biology textbook and credible resources to inform yourself.

What skepticism is not: taking a diehard position against vaccines in total disregard of the available evidence, and trying to poke holes in the edges of every data to rationalize your chosen belief.

ManaByte

Gold Member
The government completely failed to establish the infrastructure to hand out the vaccine, no argument with that. The combination of not procuring enough, not creating the infrastructure, and also using anti-vax messaging has created the current mess. They got lazy and complacent because cases were so low, and thought it would burn itself out, while other countries like the U.K did the opposite, due to higher case rates. It would have actually been better if Australia had got ‘the fear’ properly last year by having more cases. Things would have progressed faster.
NSW got the 'fear' now with daily numbers approaching 1000 and night curfews for some Sydney LGAs. It certainly sped up the vaccination rates for the state.

Jaysen

Banned
It's a pretty generic article that doesn't do much one way or the other, but it's obviously framed dishonestly as the headline, and the first few paragraphs are themed "ItS fOr AnIMaLs DuMmIeS!"

I wonder if they knew that the vast majority of people would only read the title, less would read the first few paragraphs, and even less would get to the end (when they FINALLY mention it's use on humans)? This isn't a particularly sophisticated tactic.

The way you take down Ivermectin is by showing the public that it's ineffective in a number of high quality studies. Simple.

Instead, the tactic they use is "YoUr NoT cOw", which is how mothers talk to their two year old children.
It’s called knowing your audience. Don’t go high intelligence when the people you’re trying to inform are a bunch of dumbasses doing everything they possibly can to avoid a proven vaccine. Even eating horse paste. Lol at Zefah hitting the eject button. Just admit you were being stupid and move on. It isn’t that big of a deal.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Zefah’s a good guy. He just painted himself into an untenable corner with this vaccine “skepticism” position.

This is not skepticism in the sense that the scientific community employs. Skepticism is dispassionate evaluation of empirical evidence and not falling for ideologues and bullshitters. It is also emotionally detaching to evaluate your own stances for ideology and bullshit.

Skepticism is ignoring politicians who have no idea what they’re talking about when they tell you to use some fringe treatment or to ignore a deadly virus. Skepticism is refusing to be afraid of “mRNA” because you don’t understand what it is, and instead breaking out a biology textbook and credible resources to inform yourself.

What skepticism is not: taking a diehard position against vaccines in total disregard of the available evidence, and trying to poke holes in the edges of every data to rationalize your chosen belief.

Problem is, nothing is ever really 100% in this world. We're surrounded by various shades of grey, rather than that many absolutes. Okay, hydrogen will always burn to helium, and gravity will always send your legs through your skull if you jump off a high enough building, but there's very little else that any of us can be 100% about.

The issue is, a lot of people decide that unless something is 100% then it can't be trusted at all. And if there's any small amount of doubt or uncertainty, they'll jump on it to confirm their bias, even if looking at the data objectively reveals that their position is clearly in error. It's worse with people like Zefah, who are clearly intelligent and able to sift data effectively, because they can spot the small anomalies and uncertainties, and then blow them out of all proportion to fit a position.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
The FDA is paid by pharmaceutical companies to review their product since 1992. The is a big conflict of interest problem happening there but the scope I don't know because there is no data there about it.

The user fees FDA charges aren’t some guarantee you’re going to get clearance/approval, it’s a fee because each submission is a giant tome of reports they have to review and may include expensive onsite audits over multiple days or weeks. The fees cover those expenses and are proportional based on the type of submissions being reviewed (some are smaller or larger than others). The reviewers aren’t getting paid off any more than the lady at the DMV you pay your car registration to

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Like why do I even have to wear masks again to primarily protect the kind of people taking horse worm medicine instead of a vaccine.

Jaysen

Banned
The shortage of nurses is reaching critical levels in some places now.

I’ll never forget the videos of masses of angry idiots screaming at hospital workers during a pandemic that they were the real enemy. Those people subsequently suffering or dying because there arent enough of the “enemy” to treat them is just too perfect.

Last edited:
I’ll never forget the videos of masses of angry idiots screaming at hospital workers during a pandemic that they were the real enemy. Those people subsequently suffering or dying because there arent enough of the “enemy” to treat them is just too perfect.
This is not the first time that you sound like a grade A sociopath. You need professional help.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
It’s called knowing your audience. Don’t go high intelligence when the people you’re trying to inform are a bunch of dumbasses doing everything they possibly can to avoid a proven vaccine. Even eating horse paste. Lol at Zefah hitting the eject button. Just admit you were being stupid and move on. It isn’t that big of a deal.

I wonder who their audience is? Do you think vaccine skeptics are following their Twitter in large? I don't.

Last edited:
Top Bottom