• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CRACKDOWN 2 ANNOUNCED

Scribble said:
Also, it would be so cool if the zombies could jump as high and climb like you do. I can imagine some cool air battles happening. Maybe Crackdown 3?
People want this. It's always amazes me that aerial small-arms combat (like say, Tribes) just sorta died away in the early 2000s. Bring it back.

soldat7

Scribble said:
Also, it would be so cool if the zombies could jump as high and climb like you do. I can imagine some cool air battles happening.

You should read the latest Game Informer. ;)

FFChris

Scribble said:
I just hope that the 'new mission types' don't mess it up.

I'm slightly sad that there's zombies, and the game's a bit more gritty now. It doesn't look as bad as I thought it would be, but really? 'Dark and gritty' and 'zombies' are like the autotune of the games industry.

I don't mind zombies at all, in fact I really like the idea that you have one type of gameplay in the daytime and one at night. I just hope they get the zombie gameplay right, because if not everyone will spend half the game waiting for the sun to come up to get the 'real Crackdown' back.

ShogunX

c2_1480.jpg

Isn't this the guy from Left 4 Dead 2? The Charger? Cool that he's making a guest appearance in Crackdown.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I'll have the entire dev demo presentation up later. aka 25 minutes of singleplayer and co-op action.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
lybertyboy said:
I'll have the entire dev demo presentation up later. aka 25 minutes of singleplayer and co-op action.
ETA? your answer will definitely affect my schedule. Please, can you give us and ETA? THIS SHIT IS REALLY IMPORTANT!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
lybertyboy said:
3586fzd.gif

EazyB

Banned
Still doubtful I'll every want to play Crackdown competitive MP and really hope the city is changed enough so that it doesn't feel like I'm hunting for orbs on rooftops I've scaled already. Other than that, I'm pumped to see more and get back into Crackdown.

MP has potential because Crackdown makes everything better. Everything!

Only thing I don't like is the lack of civilians and traffic. I must be able to wreak havoc and generally cause obscene amounts of collateral damage in my Crackdown no matter what.

It's the SP/co-op footage that has me most intrigued, though.

godhandiscen

clashfan said:
Seems to be alot of aim assist in the video.
Did you play Crackdown 1?
Spaceman Spiff said:
MP has potential because Crackdown makes everything better. Everything!

Only thing I don't like is the lack of civilians and traffic. I must be able to wreak havoc and generally cause obscene amounts of collateral damage in my Crackdown no matter what.

It's the SP/co-op footage that has me most intrigued, though.
I doubt there will be civilians during 16 players coop. That would be way too much to ask. Also, if supercops where having a fight in my neighborhood, I would gtfo.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
The dev demo is rendering out now. Between that and upload times the demo should be in about 3 hours depending on our hotel upload speeds.

neojubei said:

DAMN SON THE CITY IS HUGE!!!!

I have to say I'm not noticing a huge difference in gameplay though, maybe they're just not showing much at the time being? I have high hopes after games like inFAMOUS and Prototype, would like more variation in the Crackdown sequel than we had in the original (it was still a great game, just repetitive).

bathala

Banned
lybertyboy said:
The dev demo is rendering out now. Between that and upload times the demo should be in about 3 hours depending on our hotel upload speeds.
good SP cuz I'm not sold by that multi vid

godhandiscen

bathala said:
good SP cuz I'm not sold by that multi vid
Dude, that MP is so early. The game is releasing over a year from now. Chill.

KillerAJD

Gah, I need a 360 so badly. I've always wanted to play the first Crackdown, and now that a friend recently got a 360, I'd love to play co-op with him. Is it full story co-op, or just messing around?

godhandiscen

KillerAJD said:
Gah, I need a 360 so badly. I've always wanted to play the first Crackdown, and now that a friend recently got a 360, I'd love to play co-op with him. Is it full story co-op, or just messing around?
Full story. The whole game has been designed with a scalable difficulty to allow for a good challenge on SP and 4p coop. Also, the story portrays different agents and such.

KillerAJD

godhandiscen said:
Full story. The whole game has been designed with a scalable difficulty to allow for a good challenge on SP and 4p coop. Also, the story portrays different agents and such.
Wait, 4 player co-op? Godamnit...lol. I need a job <_<

Top Bottom