• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 2 demo impressions

Drakken said:
So I basically maxed out my agent with the no time limit glitch. It's certainly a lot of fun leaping from rooftop to rooftop and smashing hordes of zombies. It seems like the missions would get really repetitive, though. Anyway, I should be getting the original Crackdown through Goozex soon. I'll probably get this one sometime down the road when it's cheaper.

Regarding skills, level 5 is the highest you can get in the demo, but it looks like the icon maxes out at level 6. I take it level 6 is the max in the actual game?
Nope but it will be a lot slower to level up, at least going by what crackdown 1 did with it's demo and full game.

To people who think this game is terrible and has no story, think of it like this: Crackdown 2 is a 3D platformer with a lot of orb hunting and optional quests :p this isn't a story driven game where you save the earth from a falling moon or epic cut scenes as you get promoted to spectre, this is a 3d platformer romp.

Why For?

Banned
Demo was awesome.

Just seemed like Crackdown 1 for me from the small 1/2 hour I had to play with it. Which is a good thing.

I like the whole 'clear the area for the choppers' thing. Something different.

Mashing through freaks at night in a car is just fucking awesome.

Used the time glitch today and played co-op for over two hours. I am sold now, day one! Zombies become a lot more fun when they run around in the streets and you are behind the wheel :D

JambiBum

Anyone know of a way to get through the barriers yet?

Also, made a slingshot with the tank and mags. Took out an entire block of freaks with it

MMaRsu

Banned
Well there are guys in youtube who have made it out of the barrier.. but I dont know how. Man this game is addictive as hell.. just been playing for 3 straight hours :lol

TheOddOne

MMaRsu said:
Well there are guys in youtube who have made it out of the barrier.. but I dont know how. Man this game is addictive as hell.. just been playing for 3 straight hours :lol
I only played a half hour and stopped. I will wait for the full game, Ruffian can havez my moniez.

MMaRsu

Banned
betweenthewheels said:
They ruined the Super Car! I want the batmobile with mounted guns damnit!

Yeah they sure did screw the non transforming cars up :\.

That's some weak ass shit imo.

MMaRsu said:
Yeah they sure did screw the non transforming cars up :\.

That's some weak ass shit imo.
The supercar looks too weak, without the transformations why bother making the car look like a level 1 version? we have the regular enforcer police cars if we want standard! the supercar should have been a little more fancy looking, it is an agency car after all...

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So far my only real complaint is the animation.
The transition from jumping/falling to grabbing on to something is terrible. The agent also looks like he is running under water or something. The game still feels good, but the like, visual feedback is wack as fuck.

I still play a shit load of the first game all the damn time so while I may lack the necessary knowledge and vocabularly to adequately describe it. It IS there. And it's a sad story.

Also, why did they change the name of the freighter? :\
Bring back Mary Jane!

shermas

The time glitch really helps... lots of fun to level up and start wrecking people.

The missions seem VERY stale, though. Clear baddies, repeat, repeat, repeat.

Is there even a 'mission' or main storyline? It seems like you're just supposed to clear freak zones and cell landing areas...

BeeDog said:
How the hell do people find these time glitches so damn fast? :lol What prompts a gamer to try and unplug his cord at that exact moment etc.
iirc from the gamespot thread, the dude who first found it just had a bad internet connection that dropped him somewhere around that point and he posted it and other people went and experimented and found the exact timing.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
On a positive note, I think they've made themselves a pretty damn good looking game.
30uy71f.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Used the glitch a little bit, ended up getting the wingsuit...how do you actually use it? It mostly made me plummet like a rock, but I was able to glide up a few times.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just played the demo with 2 buds of mine. Unlimited time glitch(<3 GAF). Holy shit, so much fucking fun. Day 1.

Reknoc

Papercuts said:
Used the glitch a little bit, ended up getting the wingsuit...how do you actually use it? It mostly made me plummet like a rock, but I was able to glide up a few times.

You need to be pretty high up when you activate it push forward on the analog till the trail the suit makes is red then pull back and just keep doing that. It's like the cape in Super Mario World.

soldat7

TigerUppercut said:
It's the exact same bland, boring game I played three years ago but now with the added bonus of it looking worse than the first game.

"Sequel to a game I found to be boring and bland is boring and bland. More at 11."

Llyranor said:
What are people talking about? Demo has ample story.

"That peacekeeper had a wife and family, agent."

People complaining about story in Crackdown? :lol At least we get some audio logs to find this time around. Let's complain about Mario not having ample story next!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
:lol :lol :lol :lol
This game is fuckin' amazing.
I just jumped from a building and landed in the street and some guy in my rear speaker is like "Uhh, I hope you're ok!"

Jtwo said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol
This game is fuckin' amazing.
I just jumped from a building and landed in the street and some guy in my rear speaker is like "Uhh, I hope you're ok!"
This game and saints row 2 have some of the best npc speech ever, I love what some of the civilians say :lol

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Are there renegade orbs in the demo?
I haven't seen any yet.

feel

Doing the unlimited time glitch made all the difference in the world for me. Totally love it now after playing a few hours with higher skill levels.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Diablohead said:
The ones which move away from you? yeah there is.
Hmm, do you remember where any of them are located?

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Jtwo said:
Hmm, do you remember where any of them are located?

There's one floating around where you start off. It look like a cog on your minimap. A green one.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I just jumped from the top of the oil rig, the wingsuit is sooooooooo outrageous! I barely even know how to use it and I flew so far!

I played for three hours straight using the glitch. I cleared out all the enemy strongholds, activated all the beacons, destroyed the mutant lairs, leveled up every skill to nearly full, and collected what I believe to be almost all of the agility orbs.

I am going to buy the shit out of this game.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I have 200 agility orbs and still have yet to find a renegade orb. :lol

Kholdstare

Reknoc said:
You need to be pretty high up when you activate it push forward on the analog till the trail the suit makes is red then pull back and just keep doing that. It's like the cape in Super Mario World.

You can also use the air vents that you find on the top of roofs to get some extra height.

Jtwo said:
I have 200 agility orbs and still have yet to find a renegade orb. :lol
they're all over man, i have 219 agility orbs and 9 renegade orbs.

Kholdstare said:
You can also use the air vents that you find on the top of roofs to get some extra height.
yep, and there are some smokestacks in the refinety-like area that you can use to get really high.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
If you dudes want to join, just send me a friendy. My GT is Jtwo.
I'm playing with fellow gaffer rps37.

Circle T

Has anyone accomplished the co-op achievement where you have to pass a car back and forth with the UV gun? A buddy an I tried for like 20 minutes earlier, and can't seem to find the right spot or car to get it to work. Seems like every time the 2nd person shoots the car, it just flies very randomly, and is almost impossible to get a shot on. Anyone here have that one done, and have any tips? It is the last one I need from the 10 in the demo.

I don't know GAF, color me not impressed. Feels exactly like the first game and seemingly no improvements? Maybe I just haven't played the first game in a long time to notice.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Circle T said:
Has anyone accomplished the co-op achievement where you have to pass a car back and forth with the UV gun? A buddy an I tried for like 20 minutes earlier, and can't seem to find the right spot or car to get it to work. Seems like every time the 2nd person shoots the car, it just flies very randomly, and is almost impossible to get a shot on. Anyone here have that one done, and have any tips? It is the last one I need from the 10 in the demo.

I was just messing around and did it by myself, didn't activate since I had no partner at the time though. Just shoot it towards a building so it bounces back, then you technically could have the partner shoot it at the wall again, then you shoot the last shot--but I think after it hits off you could both shoot at the same time and have it count.

thank goodness for that glitch as i was ready to regulate this to rental status before it.

now that i've got to play with the new abilities and toys i'm in for a day 1 purchase.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Played this for about 6 hours straight with the time glitch.

Tryed so many ways to get a helicopter but no luck. If you do any attacks to the delivery copters itll self destruct :lol

Amusing magneting like 5-6 cars to a delivery copter and having it fly away with them.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Don't you get the helicopter at level 5 driving skill?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Can you max out your skills in the demo?
NVM, just filled it up!

Circle T

Papercuts said:
I was just messing around and did it by myself, didn't activate since I had no partner at the time though. Just shoot it towards a building so it bounces back, then you technically could have the partner shoot it at the wall again, then you shoot the last shot--but I think after it hits off you could both shoot at the same time and have it count.
Ahh, yea that's a good idea. We've been trying to stand on opposing sides of the car, and shoot it back and forth like tennis or whatever, and it is just wacky. I didn't even think to try up a wall like that. We'll have to give that a try. Thanks.

Rhino

Just got the glitch :D

If anyone wants to join in infinite party time just send me a message

XBL GT: DorianTullus

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Metalic Sand said:
Played this for about 6 hours straight with the time glitch.

Tryed so many ways to get a helicopter but no luck. If you do any attacks to the delivery copters itll self destruct :lol

Amusing magneting like 5-6 cars to a delivery copter and having it fly away with them.

Magnet?

Top Bottom