• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 2 demo impressions

So I haven't really been following Crackdown 2. I loved the first game though. Definitely one of my top 5 X360 games. My favorite open world game definitely.

Anyway, I played the demo for about 10 minutes... I was having fun until a bunch of mutants/zombies started bombarding me. What the hell are mutants doing in this game? It just doesn't feel right. I'm still compelled to buy the game though. I had too much fun with the first one.

Haunted

Shame.

soldat7 said:
1z3qp3c.jpg
That's pretty cool. Here's hoping Monkey Punch does the JP boxart again. :p

soldat7

I'm officially working on the official thread, unless there is someone out there already doing something (speak now or forever hold your peace
keeper
) I'm not guaranteeing the best thread, but it will be made with love. :lol Should be done by tomorrow sometime.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Cool, soldat! Looking forward to it!

Flavius

soldat7 said:
I'm officially working on the official thread, unless there is someone out there already doing something (speak now or forever hold your peace
keeper
) I'm not guaranteeing the best thread, but it will be made with love. :lol Should be done by tomorrow sometime.

Go, soldat7, go!!!

Can't wait to get my mitts on this game. Saw the cover art a while back, but I'm still lovin' it.

Really wish marketing would have just taken the first gameplay video and released that as the ad. Happy to see it on the tv at all, but that definitely would have been sweet, as I loved the way the gameplay was choreographed to Swift's song.

Fingers crossed for much success for the Ruffian guys and this game.

Played an hour of the retail game.

Impressions:

+ Lots of orbs, new stuff (audio logs) to collect
+ Some cool new weapons
+ Platforming, jumping remains strong

- Announcer is actively annoying (can you mute him?)
- Tutorial is entirely too long
- Feels like an expansion

+- Nolan North (depending on your tastes)

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
My order just shipped. Someone needs to get the official thread up. Doesn't make sense to post about the full game in the demo thread.

edit: Ooh, soldat stepped up.

"Shipping Soon" notice on Amazon on a Saturday? Last time I saw that I got GTAIV on Monday instead of Tuesday. Hoping for the same thing to happen here.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Net_Wrecker said:
"Shipping Soon" notice on Amazon on a Saturday? Last time I saw that I got GTAIV on Monday instead of Tuesday. Hoping for the same thing to happen here.
Monday's a federal holiday, even though the 4th of July is on a Sunday this year. FedEx doesn't deliver on weekends either.

I watched the launch trailer for the first time. It was pretty well done.

SapientWolf said:
Monday's a federal holiday, even though the 4th of July is on a Sunday this year. FedEx doesn't deliver on weekends either.

I watched the launch trailer for the first time. It was pretty well done.

And boom goes the dynamite. I forgot about that...Oh well, one day won't hurt.

TheYanger

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
Anyway, I played the demo for about 10 minutes... I was having fun until a bunch of mutants/zombies started bombarding me. What the hell are mutants doing in this game?

Not to pick this exact one out, but it seems like a lot of people say this...the first one DID have these in them, is it that outlandish to accept that the experiments in the first game could lead to this kind of widespread catastrophe?

Busiest week of the year at school and work plus the world cup means that I haven't had a chance to play more than an hour of the game. Monday, quality time will be spent.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Awesome.

I got all ten demo Achievements, now I just have to wait for next week to end so that I can have the time for Crackdown 2...

And 9 (or is it 10?) Avatar Awards? Yes please.

Oh my Christ this game is hard as balls.

Protecting the beacon from freaks in the Freak Lair as it charges
is, again, HARD AS BALLS.

derFeef

BenjaminBirdie said:
Oh my Christ this game is hard as balls.

Protecting the beacon from freaks in the Freak Lair as it charges
is, again, HARD AS BALLS.
Try at night, when they come out of the lairs. According to the voice,
it should be easier then.

derFeef said:
Try at night, when they come out of the lairs. According to the voice,
it should be easier then.

Actually tactical use of the
HOLY FUCKING SHIT THE NEW WEAPONS ARE JAWDROPPING UV SHOTGUN
did the trick.

:D

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Goddamit I need this game but I got so much else to play right now.
You guys need to stop talking about it so I don't have to think about it.

Top Bottom