• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot is in the new Skylanders Netflix show, talks

I just hope he stays mute aside from the 'Woah!' in the remakes... :s

EDIT: Eh... at least the voice here isn't the garbage gibberish stuff.

TLS Lex

I think a lot of people are missing the fact that the main problem with his voice is that it's a terrible terrible attempt at an Aussie accent. If you disregard that (due to not having been around enough of that accent to know what it's actually supposed to sound like), then it's fine. The acting, pitch, tone etc are all fine. The accent is horrific.

farisr

The design actually looks fine here.

But yeah, hopefully that's not an indication of how he'll be talking in the remakes. Would prefer if they just kept it to the "woah" sounds, but I won't be pissed if they make him talk as long as the lines/writing is nothing like that clip.
I think a lot of people are missing the fact that the main problem with his voice is that it's a terrible terrible attempt at an Aussie accent. If you disregard that (due to not having been around enough of that accent to know what it's actually supposed to sound like), then it's fine. The acting, pitch, tone etc are all fine. The accent is horrific.
I honestly didn't notice the accent until you mentioned it and I started the clip up again. I was too focused on looking at his design, LOL. But yeah, definitely should not be doing an accent for him.

Edit: Also, his accent pretty much goes away after the first sentence, LOL.

BetaM

It looks awful and sounds awful. Good thing the original game's intro leaked so we know what a proper cartoon with Crash could've been like.

Some Guy

It's weird that he talks in this, but not in the actual Skylanders game! (In the game, he speaks babbly gibberish.)

But almost all the Skylanders characters have different voices/actors in this show than they do in games, and some of them are characterized very differently, so I guess this is just one more example of that.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Honestly dont think he looks or sounds bad.

This.
It's not like CB had a great iconic design either, I actually prefer his looks now.

Spyro on the other hand... holy fucking hell, he seems affected by some bad made-up mental disorder belonging to the Arkham universe.

Jawmuncher

Looks better than this tragedy.
FGiD4P.gif

Crash's alright in those 2 clips, wish he stayed silent though

If anyone's curious, here's the video of where this gif came from

"HAH"

Pure Cringe

DJKhaled

I've never even played a Crash game before, other than a few minutes with the original demo.

Give him a new game, not a TV show. Sheesh.

They didn't give him a TV show and they are giving him a new game... I don't understand your post.

I thought one of the funny aspects of Crash is he didnt talk but other characters did?
I like his design but having a voice feels off character wise.

In other news, bland 3D cartoon is bland.

brawly

This is amazing
next to that Spyro

They could go a bit "dumber" with him tbh. He always seemed more brawny than brainy to me. Spyro (from them PS1 days) would beat him handily in a crossword puzzle.

Is Spyro bipedal in that image? Looks weird.
It's part of a gag sequence in the episode where he's totally fanboying over Crash and trying to be as much like him as possible (note that he's also wearing Crash's shoes and trying to mimic Crash's hair and eyebrows. He's not normally like that in the show.

The voice somehow absolutely reeks of bad children's voice acting.

Like I dunno I think I've heard that EXACT voice in Octonauts on the BBC or something

nowhoney

Man, I absolutely despise Spyro's look in Skylanders. It looks so bad.

At least Crash here retains the look of Crash to a degree. With Spyro, literally the only similarity I see is that they're both purple.

Wensih

Both designs are fine. I don't really understand the outrage of Spyro. Skylanders have much cooler character designs than anything in the original trilogy and the game looks like it's a lot more fun.

butman

I'm too old to known what Skylanders is.
But with this I'm pretty sure that is where characters goes to die.

That's not really how I imagined him sounding, but it's fine. I'm just glad he talks now.

Plus it took a while for me to adjust to Homer Simpson playing Earthworm Jim, but that worked out magnificently well in the end.

Kathian

Banned
What is that voice. Stuff like this is why these brands are starting to struggle. Why are Crash and Spyro (two completely old brands) in a kids show? Voice Casting indicates they then just match up on the fly - doesn't even fit the image in the show.

Basically just throwing stuff at a screen and hoping it sticks now.

Top Bottom