• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot is in the new Skylanders Netflix show, talks

Nimby

Banned
90200be48e8533f13f5f596147ddd81f.jpg

Why can't Spyro look like this?

Galang

Banned
This isn't bad at all.... Especially when you consider this show is aimed at children. I don't know what else they could have done aside just not include Crash at all.

LAA

Urgh... don't really mind his appearance, (though I don't think Crash should talk really, he hadn't seemed "intelligent" in the past).
What really kills me in this is Spyro... :'( Why do they acknowledge Crash's past but not Spyro's? I hoped Crash would make them look at Spyro again but seemingly not. Give up hope on it tbh, I used to think they could take him out of Skylanders and make a new game for him pretty easy but seeing they're putting him in the TV show, wouldn't make sense to take him out.
Poor Spyro, what misjustice.

Moosichu

It's interesting, because they obviously have done their research and have got a lot right. There are a lot of neat little nods to the crash games in that clip. However, Crash doesn't talk in the Crash games and is a hell of a lot more goofy.

BKSmash

This looks great! I actually watched the first episode of the show (one of the guys that is working on it worked on Futurama) and it's actually pretty good!

We're getting remakes and a supposedly new game from SIEJ.
Yeah I know about the remakes

I REALLY doubt SIEJ would be working on new Crash while Activision still owns it. Seems more like wishful thinking more than anything. I'd like to be wrong but I'm not going to believe shit until something is officially announced

rec0ded1

Is crash Skylander canon or did he reference his world in the episode or is he self aware that he's a video game character?

This looks great! I actually watched the first episode of the show (one of the guys that is working on it worked on Futurama) and it's actually pretty good!

Yeah I watched the whole series with my son on the weekend and it was great. I expect we will get another series next year on Netflix.

Nudull

Banned
I love how most people in this thread couldn't even bother to see that the OP pic is a gag sequence before they went on blast about Spyro. :p

Anyway, voice is fine, it's the attempt at an Australian accent that's blah.

I love how most people in this thread couldn't even bother to see that the OP pic is a gag sequence before they went on blast about Spyro. :p

Anyway, voice is fine, it's the attempt at an Australian accent that's blah.
Doesn't really matter; most people hate the Skylanders' design for Spyro regardless. Doesn't really bother me--it works fine in practice and doesn't look bad at all in motion. Or maybe I'm just used to it because I've been following Skylanders since like the beginning and am practically more familiar with it than the original design at this point. Whatever. *Shrugs.* He's a fun character in the series and that's more what I care about anyway.

Platy

Is spyro even the main character on this series ?

That is the least you can do with the dragon since it basicaly started as a Spyro spin off

SNURB

Is spyro even the main character on this series ?

That is the least you can do with the dragon since it basicaly started as a Spyro spin off

You could say he's the main character yea. The first episode is about his origins and how he became a Skylander.

I definitely hope Crash won't be talking in the games, but it's fine here. And I think he looks great; just a modernised version of his old look really.

Spyro's Skylanders form still looks like a dumpster fire though.

Top Bottom