• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot, MediEvil, Spyro The Dragon, Resident Evil 2 remakes. What´s next?

Legend of Dragoon I guess looking at old sales chart and/or foreign games sold in Japan, plus it's usually listed on wanted lists.
Not that I ever played it myself, just putting it out there.
Was this game released on Europe? I didn´t know about it.

I really would like to play Tenchu 1-3 remastered with modern graphics. It would be insane, and a needed spark to make a sequel. World needs more Rikimaru.
Wow!! Awesome man, I totally forgot this game! I love Tenchu series, and I think that Tenchu 2 was on the top. do you remember about the level editor? Was great!

GenericUser

Silent Hills of course

capture3lc3s.png

its never going to happen

Hahahah all of them to remake?

Tell us what is the best of them, I would like to take a look to someone.

God of war 1 -2
There´re GoW every year, I can wait for these remakes. Anyway, GoW 2 is my favourite... what a great game!

Already turned out to be a false alarm, sorry mate :(
Really? People have to hate you at that trhead hahaha.

Silent Hills of course

capture3lc3s.png

its never going to happen
I hope to see news about this game soon! I love Silent Hill and Kojima.

I don't know what's next, but it won't be Final Fantasy VII Remake.
Was announced, but hasn´t official release date right?

These three Mario games, as long as they aren't on 3DS.
WTF are these Mario Games? Nintendo did some few remakes... but sure they make a lot of remakes after these ones.

DonF

I would love it if square enix just stops making games, and starts remaking it's ps1/ps2 library. Some of the most awesome innovative jrpg are from that era. Right now I see square taking more risks with games like bravely default and octopath, but back then, that was like 3 times a year!

Great Hair

Banned
Hahahah all of them to remake?

Tell us what is the best of them, I would like to take a look to someone.

Tokyo Extreme Racer - (a fun racing game in tokyo (nightime) against other racer)
Ridge Racer Type 4 - (mastapiece, racing against pacman and Co. was fun)
Onimusha - (better than Resident Evil, like BIG COJONES times better)
Summoner - (launch PS2 RPG .. terrible loading times, but it had sumtin)
King´s Field Series in VR - (similar vibe here like with Summoner)
GrowlanSer - (terrific RPG made by the gods)
Front Mission Alternative - (loved every minute of it, better than FFT ...?)
Final Doom VR - (better than Quake 2016)
Skies of Arcadia - (one of the finest jrpgs)
Quake Arena 3 - (best mp console shooter)
Ferrari F355 Challenge with a GT like Career! - (the only game remaining in my DreamCast collection)
International Track&Field PS1 - (BEST party game of all time, better than anything nintendo)
Soul Reaver - (ahead of its time, best psx visuals, terrific lore/world and gameplay)
Motor Grand Prix Toon - (funnier than Mario Kart, definitely quirkier ...)
Omega Boost in VR? (no comments required)
Virtua Tennis - (best Tennis game, period)

the highlighted/bold ones definitely need a remake, especially the first 3 on the list. F355 Chl. with better visuals and "pro" handling with a wheel could work i think as a simcade with more depths. A career mode a la GT and everyone is happy ... just forget about Sega GT.

Destruction Derby!?
Actually you have a lot of games like this with an huge quality released these days. Destruction derby hasn´t got any story which deserve to be told again. So if you miss this game you can find some games now a days.

Right now I see square taking more risks with games like bravely default and octopath, but back then, that was like 3 times a year!
Square games are really cool but you´re right would be a hit if they decided to remake all!! Parasite Eve 2 would be awesome!

azz0r

Banned
Actually you have a lot of games like this with an huge quality released these days. Destruction derby hasn´t got any story which deserve to be told again. So if you miss this game you can find some games now a days.
Any suggestions for PS4? Looking for bowl destruction

WTF are these Mario Games? Nintendo did some few remakes... but sure they make a lot of remakes after these ones.
This was worded a bit odd so not quite sure what you meant. Yeah, Nintendo has did some remakes/remasters recently. Zelda. Donkey Kong, Pokemon, etc.etc.

The last Mario game they ever re-released in such a way was Mario 64, for the DS. At this point, I'd just be down for a plain old straight port of Sunshine and PM/TTYD on Switch. A nice Wind Waker HD-style approach would be nice, though.

Look, just annonce damn Metal Gear Solid remake for PS4, and PC.
Where did you see that?

Any suggestions for PS4? Looking for bowl destruction
Sure!

Wreckfest is awesome and is a more complete version of destruction derby. Has been released on Steam and will be release in March 2019 in PS4.

You also have on PS4 Carmageddon Max Damage and Crashday Redline only in Steam.

So wait for Wreckfest, is an awesome game.

They said 2019 but I doubt it. S-E is a mess right now, unfortunately.
Taking FFXV as example... it will take so much...

This was worded a bit odd so not quite sure what you meant. Yeah, Nintendo has did some remakes/remasters recently. Zelda. Donkey Kong, Pokemon, etc.etc.

The last Mario game they ever re-released in such a way was Mario 64, for the DS. At this point, I'd just be down for a plain old straight port of Sunshine and PM/TTYD on Switch. A nice Wind Waker HD-style approach would be nice, though.

Sorry EndlessFloydian. I meant the games you told are a strange selection to be remastered by Nintendo. They have other games mopre relevant to remake, aren´t they?

Sorry EndlessFloydian. I meant the games you told are a strange selection to be remastered by Nintendo. They have other games mopre relevant to remake, aren´t they?
Not anymore, really. They've already remastered all of the mainline Zelda, except SS, They've did Donkey Kong Country games, Starfox 64. GameCube is the only thing they haven't touched outside of WInd Waker HD. The only Mario game they've "remastered" is Mario 64, for the DS.

But I don't think these games are too strange of a selection, really.

Not anymore, really. They've already remastered all of the mainline Zelda, except SS, They've did Donkey Kong Country games, Starfox 64. GameCube is the only thing they haven't touched outside of WInd Waker HD. The only Mario game they've "remastered" is Mario 64, for the DS.

But I don't think these games are too strange of a selection, really.

Could be. I am not into Nintendo, that´s why those games sounds really strange for me.

Sly Cooper

Jak and Daxter

Banjo Kazooie

Good selection.

At this point, Konami is the only one notably missing on the 90s nostalgia bandwagon, to not make a MGS remake is completely nuts.

Wouldn't using the Gamecube Version and making it HD be good enough for this or would the controls need to be updated?

Would this be for the original Playstation or can be for any 32-Bit game?

I would say Nightmare Creatures would be a good fit and would compliment the RE2 remake, although not my personal choice really.

We are getting a Panzer Dragoon remake but remain skeptical of the Developer of choice, so if we are going with 32-bit systems then I am going to go for Burning Rangers but this is merely a dream remake for me and not realistic. :)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I want a SM64 remake. Kinda surprised it hasn't happened (no, DS doesn't count). The small taste we got of it in Galaxy 2 was sweet.

Psajdak

Banned
Wouldn't using the Gamecube Version and making it HD be good enough for this or would the controls need to be updated?

Would this be for the original Playstation or can be for any 32-Bit game?
Everyone would be dissapointed if the just HD The Twin Snakes; because itself is already quite outdated, not to mention fact that, while very fun and nice remake, it felt more like MGS2 with MGS1 mod, than its own game.

Besides, these days one can play it easily on emulator at higher resolutions, and fps, anyway.

Only the most celebrated 3D platformer of all time. :)
Ah great. I meant what is the meaning of SM64... But is easy to find it hehehhe.

Yeah, I don´t like Super Mario and I am not into Nintendo, but I played this game when I was young in a colleage´s house and is incredible.
Is the only Mario that I like and you´re right, this game is just a gem.

What do you all think of the alleged leak of Jak and Daxter HD trilogy for Nintendo Switch?

I know it is Sony IP. That is why I find it interesting from a business point of view.
HAhaha good point, would be interesting seen IP sharing among main consoles. I would like to try Halo or Gears of War in my PS4.

Everyone would be dissapointed if the just HD The Twin Snakes; because itself is already quite outdated, not to mention fact that, while very fun and nice remake, it felt more like MGS2 with MGS1 mod, than its own game.

Besides, these days one can play it easily on emulator at higher resolutions, and fps, anyway.

I guess. Although I would rather have MGS2 remade myself! :D

How about a remake of Rayman 1 with the broken difficulty fixed and a better continue system. Maybe a way to get to the last level without getting all the cages as well.

Top Bottom