• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot, MediEvil, Spyro The Dragon, Resident Evil 2 remakes. What´s next?

Capcom - Maximo or viewtiful Joe

Not agree

Konami - Twin snakes

Agree

Square Enix - Blood Omen Legacy of Kain

Not agree- but if was Soul reaver 1 agree

Chrono Trigger

Agree

Super Mario RPG

What? This was for Square?

Sony - Kings Field

Not agree

Siphon Filter, CTR

Super agree

Microsoft- Age of Empires, Flight Simulator, halo 3

Not agree

Not agree

Vice City,

Agree

Borderlands 1,

Not agree- This was for PS3 is too early

Not agree

Not agree

yurinka

Wipeout Alpha Collection, featuring remakes of Wipeout, Wipeout 2098 and Wip3out Special Edition. As DLC it would have the missing content from Wipeout Pure & Pulse that wasn't included in Omega Collection.

Justin9mm

rival-schools.jpg

Banned
Vicarious Visions has experience with the Tony Hawk series. I'd love to see them remake the first three THPS games.

Justin9mm

Rival Schools... I found this game in a CD demo and I found a lot of fun playing with these vandals but I never played the full game. Was good?
Some of my best early teenage memories was playing this game with friends on the original PS1. It was very good then imo, not sure how good it may seem playing now though, I'm 35, it's one of those things where I don't want to ruin my memories if I played it today.

EDMIX

You coincide so Microsoft are not keen on remakes. Anyway, which microsoft IP deserves a remake?

Hard to say. They haven't been in the industry as long as Sony, but also have less IP in terms of established ones that are old. Stuff like Halo and Forza came on XB, came to XB360 and clearly came to XONE.

Fable maybe? It would be cool for them to make Fable the way the developer originally stated they wanted it to be. (I'd prefer that they out source the remake as if they have a set of teams working on new IP, I'd rather they focus on new IP and let another team do Fable remake)

Lokimaru

hahahha the taser was like a sniper weapon. I love this gif!

You could maintain the terrorist burning half an hour if you wish hahaha.

This is first stage riht?

SF 2 was a little bit better than one, but SF 3 wasn´t. now is really hard to play because of the controls but still feeling well. I purchase again SF on my PS3.

Syphon Filter was the first game I played where Head shots actually meant something. Where you could choose between stealth and Run and Gun on the fly. So awesome.
Dark Mirror is the Perfect Syphon Filter Game and I would love a Remaster of it. Logan's shadow is great but loses points cause they took out the Taser burning.
The Only Thing that gives me hope for Days Gone is that Sony Bend is making it and I know what they are capable of. You can actually see some of the SF pedigree in the game with the transitioning from stealth to run and gun and back on the fly. I wonder if some SF easter eggs will be in the game. Since they killed Gade maybe he wasn't around to stop the outbreak from happening. It's like imagine what the James Bond World would be like without 007?

danielberg

Neophyte
Why do you think so? I guess will be not too hard...

The game is basically the perfect 2D "zelda" to me, but yeah you are right higher resolution would not be too difficult but they would probably change much much more lol
The more i think about it the more i actually want it, wide screen support is already a thing with emulators but not much else.

IMO, Project Gotham or Rallisport Challenge. The first Fable, KOTOR, or Blue Dragon would also deserve consideration.
Hard to say. They haven't been in the industry as long as Sony, but also have less IP in terms of established ones that are old. Stuff like Halo and Forza came on XB, came to XB360 and clearly came to XONE.

Fable maybe? It would be cool for them to make Fable the way the developer originally stated they wanted it to be. (I'd prefer that they out source the remake as if they have a set of teams working on new IP, I'd rather they focus on new IP and let another team do Fable remake)

Both of you coincide on Fable, indeed is good, but deserves a remake or only a new chapter of the game for next generations?

Some of my best early teenage memories was playing this game with friends on the original PS1. It was very good then imo, not sure how good it may seem playing now though, I'm 35, it's one of those things where I don't want to ruin my memories if I played it today.

I played Front Mission 3 and FF VII a couple of months ago and the gameplay doesn´t ruined my memories... :)

Syphon Filter was the first game I played where Head shots actually meant something. Where you could choose between stealth and Run and Gun on the fly. So awesome.
Dark Mirror is the Perfect Syphon Filter Game and I would love a Remaster of it. Logan's shadow is great but loses points cause they took out the Taser burning.
The Only Thing that gives me hope for Days Gone is that Sony Bend is making it and I know what they are capable of. You can actually see some of the SF pedigree in the game with the transitioning from stealth to run and gun and back on the fly. I wonder if some SF easter eggs will be in the game. Since they killed Gade maybe he wasn't around to stop the outbreak from happening. It's like imagine what the James Bond World would be like without 007?

hahaha great.
I don´t know why but i have a very special memories abou Syphon Filet 1 and 2 but I remember Dark miror as another one not better than the other parts. Maybe is the Taser? hahha
In SF3 I remember perfectly that the first stage was the intro of SF 1. When Rohemer and Anton Girdaux kill your collegaes into the jungle... that was great.

In Syphon Filter if you didn´t have a good headshot accuaracy you were fucked you´re right. I remember that were parts in the game that was extremely difficult only because a couple of guys with body armor were running fire against you... You could try ten times to do it well.

Actually SF is a really dark and hard IP.

Kerotan

GTA PS2 Trilogy and Metal Gear Solid (I'll also take a remake of 2-4). Crash team racing. Ratchet and clank 2
&3.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
In case you guys missed... DuskGolem at reset claims RE3 Remake is already in full production at Capcom. I just read that and I think I'm gonna cry.

Though it does make sense since Capcom can probably reuse a lot of the assets from the production of RE2 Remake.

Last edited:
The game is basically the perfect 2D "zelda" to me, but yeah you are right higher resolution would not be too difficult but they would probably change much much more lol
The more i think about it the more i actually want it, wide screen support is already a thing with emulators but not much else.

Actually I would like something in 2D as the actual game is... so I was thinking in a remaster more than a remake.. I don´t know.. I am not sure haha.

Splatterhouse
WTF is this game? I´ve never saw it.

Jak and Daxter

But do you have Jack and Daxter for PS4

drotahorror

WTF is this game? I´ve never saw it.

It's definitely worth picking up a used copy. The ps3/360 versions are pretty similar so you can't go wrong either way (both have performance issues). SH 2010 also has the the original 3 games packed in as unlockables. If you get one Splatterhouse, that's the one.

Last edited:
In case you guys missed... DuskGolem at reset claims RE3 Remake is already in full production at Capcom. I just read that and I think I'm gonna cry.

Though it does make sense since Capcom can probably reuse a lot of the assets from the production of RE2 Remake.
Where did you find that???? Is a great new.
Share the link please!
It's definitely worth picking up a used copy. The ps3/360 versions are pretty similar so you can't go wrong either way (both have performance issues). SH 2010 also has the the original 3 games packed in as unlockables. If you get one Splatterhouse, that's the one.
Ahh but actually it has not too much time so will be difficult to see that game remaked.

Elcid

Banned
I didn´t been noticed about a PSP port! That´s is good... Is a pitty that my PSP is in the garbage.

How it feels SH1 on PSP?
I had a PS1 kick a few years ago and replayed a bunch of games like RE1-3, MGS, and SH1. Best place to replay PS1 games imo because they don't look like total shit.

I had a PS1 kick a few years ago and replayed a bunch of games like RE1-3, MGS, and SH1. Best place to replay PS1 games imo because they don't look like total shit.

hahahhahah, yes you´re right! But i replayed MG1, FFVII and Front Mission 3 in my PS1 a couple of years ago and still been awesome (some eyes cancer you know but still can be played).

Shin

Banned
Legend of Dragoon I guess looking at old sales chart and/or foreign games sold in Japan, plus it's usually listed on wanted lists.
Not that I ever played it myself, just putting it out there.

I really would like to play Tenchu 1-3 remastered with modern graphics. It would be insane, and a needed spark to make a sequel. World needs more Rikimaru.

Great Hair

Banned
Tokyo Extreme Racer; can someone please contact Genki ...
Ridge Racer Type 4
Onimusha
Colony Wars
Summoner
King´s Field Series in VR
Growlancer
Front Mission Alternative
Final Doom VR
Need for Speed 1 (long roads edition)
Skies of Arcadia
Quake Arena 3
Ferrari F355 Challenge with a GT like Career!
International Track&Field PS1
Soul Reaver
Motor Grand Prix Toon
Omega Boost in VR?
Krazy Ivan VR
Tokyo Bus Guide VR and Train VR (might be trolling my self here ...)
Virtua Tennis

I want these to be delivered around <2030 no more shall i wait for a new Tokyo Xtreme Racer,

Top Bottom