• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy - Review Thread

Roufianos

Looks fantastic. I only played Crash Bash and Wrath of Cortex back in the day but I really wanna pick this up. The games really look like they hold up.

Palmer27

You're not paying $13 per game, you're paying a full $40 up front plus tax. Never understood why people would argue that it's only x dollars per hour, be it a game or online multiplayer subscription. I personally am buying the trilogy after work tomorrow and feel the value is sufficient but am not about to burn this journo at the stake over a score I don't like. The posters criticizing the reviewer for not completing the game and shitting out a 600 word essay have a fair point but it feels like everyone else is just joining the 'gamespot sucks because they dislike something I enjoy" bandwagon.

EDIT: And it's not even gamespot as a whole. This is the opinion of one dude who works or freelances for them.

Here's a very good article detailing how they made the game - https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017...sh-bandicoot-was-rebuilt-nearly-from-scratch/

Interesting read - cheers. Wondered how they figured out (if it all) the exacting timings of enemies in a complete remake. Still curious what engine this game is using?

BiggNife

That's 21 hours. It took me over 300 to beat The Witcher 3 and experience everything in the base game. Yes, it is an apples to oranges comparison (rpg vs platformer) but that is the logic that reviewer is using, I assume.

~20 hours of content for $40 is still totally reasonable, though.

R&C 2016 was 12 hours for the same price and I don't remember anyone complaining about a lack of content in that game. And honestly, I thought I got more than my money's worth out of R&C 2016.

8byte

Banned
Some of these reviews are pretty silly, IMO. Just read like young people generations removed from games who are looking for some other experiences, not a remastered classic.

Wasn't interested in buying, but now I definitely will just to support more of these games and this reviewer salt.

Top Bottom