• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot (PS4) Trophy List up

Andrefpvs

London

Die

While the trophy is referring to the old nursery rhyme, it comes off as a little tone deaf considering recent events.

Oh, I didn't even make that connection. I just thought it was kind of dark how the trophy is instructing you to "Die" in order to get it.

PSqueak

Banned
London

Die

While the trophy is referring to the old nursery rhyme, it comes off as a little tone deaf considering recent events.

Oh, I didn't even make that connection. I just thought it was kind of dark how the trophy is instructing you to "Die" in order to get it.

I mean, it explains itself, it requires you to trigger a specific death animation that shows crash's underpants.

The "die" trophies are for specific death animations.

RedHill

Banned
Is not this, IMO. They make it pretty clear in the PR that the announcements are for the franchise itself and not NST. Could be wrong, but it's pretty clear wording to me.
Yeah the wording is that it's a "Crash" announcement, not an N Sane Trilogy announcement.

45e9356dab.png

https://twitter.com/JumpButtonCB/status/873337193183539200

(In case you don't know, those are all lines Crash says in the CTR TV commercials.)

043.gif

London

Die

I'm English and I think putting those two together is kind of stupid, but knowing the Internet this will blow up, Kotaku will make a dumb article about it and they'll change the trophy name and description.

Pretty sure the surprise is a multiplatform release later in the year. CTR coming as well could be a pretty good guess too.

Best wishes.

Agreed. Bigger announcement(s?) during main show.

I'm still not expecting anything huge just yet, I think there are a lot of eyes on how Crash Trilogy does.

There was that one guy last year that claimed Sony Japan was developing an original Crash game while Acti handled this trilogy and IIRC he also called RE7 being in VR so who knows.

I'm still not expecting anything huge just yet, I think there are a lot of eyes on how Crash Trilogy does.

There was that one guy last year that claimed Sony Japan was developing an original Crash game while Acti handled this trilogy and IIRC he also called RE7 being in VR so who knows.

I pointed this out in the Sony thread, but the Amazon positioning positioning for Crash around the world could be a good indication of what to expect

Amazon US: 18
UK: 2
France: 12
Germany: 5
Spain: 11
Canada: 4
Italy: 4
Mexico: 2

And typically games don't make it to the top of the sellers until a week or so before they launch. The fact that it's already so high and it doesn't release until the end of the month is a very good sign.

This is some serious reaching.
"Serious reaching" would infer that the poster meant the Dev team used the trophy title to be offensive. What the poster actually meant was that even though it is a nursery rhyme and that's obviously what it's referring to.
It may come off as a little insensitive regarding very recent events related to terror attacks on those cities.

I agree with him. It's not really a problem as it is just referring to the nursery rhyme, but you know how it is these days and people WILL make something of it.

Fj0823

One of the Trophies for Cortex Strikes ack is

"Die as Crash"

You can only play as Crash in OG CB2

Coco is happening.

He called a lot of stuff and for various reasons I trust him on this :V

That being said, I don't think anything HUGE MEGATON tier is eminent right now, but there will be something Crash related on the main stage separate from N.Sane, is what I infer from Activision's recent E3 PR.

I hope Coco has cool death animations too

We get to see Coco's underwear? Que up the ''fan art''!

Sadly I think she will be treated as a bonus character. Inserting her to the cutscenes ect. to replace Crash would be too much work for a neat little bonus prolly. Not that I'm complaining, this is a very nice surprise.

I pointed this out in the Sony thread, but the Amazon positioning positioning for Crash around the world could be a good indication of what to expect

And typically games don't make it to the top of the sellers until a week or so before they launch. The fact that it's already so high and it doesn't release until the end of the month is a very good sign.

UK not messin around and mexico is lookin good.

Sold out in US.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NAGTKX3/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Top Bottom