• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot (PS4) Trophy List up

Spyro was almost as popular as Crash right?

I honestly want to buy Crash HD just so Activision gets so much money for the collection, that they are forced to make Spyro HD.

Also I never played Crash 3. So that's another reason I should buy it.

RedHill

Banned
Spyro was almost as popular as Crash right?

I honestly want to buy Crash HD just so Activision gets so much money for the collection, that they are forced to make Spyro HD.

Also I never played Crash 3. So that's another reason I should buy it.
I really want this. And then Crash 4 and Spyro 4

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I pointed this out in the Sony thread, but the Amazon positioning positioning for Crash around the world could be a good indication of what to expect

Amazon US: 18
UK: 2
France: 12
Germany: 5
Spain: 11
Canada: 4
Italy: 4
Mexico: 2

And typically games don't make it to the top of the sellers until a week or so before they launch. The fact that it's already so high and it doesn't release until the end of the month is a very good sign.
I done my part here in the UK.

Can't wait to play Crash again. Although setting the OP was an interesting surprise.

Japan also still seems to be fond of Crash

crash4uupl.png

It could just be low stock because it never got up high in the chart. Even so, it is good that people have bought up whatever was available.

In the US, It's currently #2 in the PS4 Games category, and if you remove all consoles and PSN/XBL gift cards from the rankings, then it's the 5th best selling game in the wider Video Games category.

In the US, It's currently #2 in the PS4 Games category, and if you remove all consoles and PSN/XBL gift cards from the rankings, then it's the 5th best selling game in the wider Video Games category.
Could be a case of everything above Crash selling super well rather than Crash not moving a lot of stock.

Good!

Physical version is sold out on Amazon, damn, I haven't preordered yet. Hopefully they'll get more stock.

I wanted to make sure there was no confusion, so I reached out to Amazon and was told that yes, N.Sane Trilogy sold through its entire initial shipment order and they'll have to order more to reopen pre-orders. That's insane. I didn't expect Crash to do this well, and I love Crash.

The "worst case scenario" here is that Acti and Amazon underestimated it, which can only mean it exceeded their expectations, which is never a bad thing.

BroBot

If we could play as Coco through the entire game, why aren't there more Coco trophies? I don't know, I think the Coco gameplay will be limited. I hope I'm wrong.

We aren't sure yet.

She could be an assist or combo move in certain situations

Let's not get overhyped

I really doubt that since Crash 2 trophy has her using basically ground pound and Crash 3 trophy has her using the tornado spin.

If we could play as Coco through the entire game, why aren't there more Coco trophies? I don't know, I think the Coco gameplay will be limited. I hope I'm wrong.
Because you can get basically almost all the other trophies as Coco? There are only like one or two Crash specific trophies.

Nick_C

Coco was playable in Warped. Spoilers, I guess:
She rode animals.
The trophy description does make it sound like she might be an alternate to Crash though.

Coco was playable in Warped. Spoilers, I guess:
She rode animals.
The trophy description does make it sound like she might be an alternate to Crash though.

There is a Coco trophy for all three games. And they list her doing things she certainly never did or could do on animals or biplanes. And they sound like "The same move, but DIFFERENT" moves that align with Crash's, so I'm pretty sure on this.

Nick_C

There is a Coco trophy for all three games. And they list her doing things she certainly never did or could do on animals or biplanes. And they sound like "The same move, but DIFFERENT" moves that align with Crash's, so I'm pretty sure on this.

Yeah, the trophies point to her being an alternate character. I was commenting on the first page being so surprised that she was playable, when she's been playable since 3.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah, the trophies point to her being an alternate character. I was commenting on the first page being so surprised that she was playable, when she's been playable since 3.

Because this trophy list is only for Crash 1. Most people were commenting in that context.

Y'all out here actin' like some of the gold relics ain't tough

not gonna lie though, REALLY glad the trophies don't require all-platinums

RedHill

Banned
I wanted to make sure there was no confusion, so I reached out to Amazon and was told that yes, N.Sane Trilogy sold through its entire initial shipment order and they'll have to order more to reopen pre-orders. That's insane. I didn't expect Crash to do this well, and I love Crash.

The "worst case scenario" here is that Acti and Amazon underestimated it, which can only mean it exceeded their expectations, which is never a bad thing.
Which hopefully means we get a blowout in the coming years. CTR, new Crash game, Spyro remaster, new Spyro game. It's what we deserve after the years of waiting.

Tapejara

Y'all out here actin' like some of the gold relics ain't tough

not gonna lie though, REALLY glad the trophies don't require all-platinums

I don't even think I'd bother with the trophies if it meant getting all platinum relics! Especially with the vehicle levels in Warped.

Golds present a nice challenge though.

I don't even think I'd bother with the trophies if it meant getting all platinum relics! Especially with the vehicle levels in Warped.

Golds present a nice challenge though.

As a mega Crash fan, I was going to be very frustrated if I wouldn't be able to get all three platinum trophies for this remake. So I'm glad it'll be manageable. ...I say that, but we have no idea how tight the times will be in Crash 1 + 2...

The 99 Lives thing kind of sucks, I can see having to grind to get up there.

If the difficulty is balanced similarly to the originals, by the time you get used to the game, you'll average 40-60 lives just by getting to the final boss with any % complete. 100% the game and you're looking at maybe grinding up 10-20 which isn't difficult with the generous bonus rounds.

That is very nice to hear.

BigEmil

Wow how cool I can play as a palette swap
You seem quite pessimistic when it comes to Crash in nearly every thread though not surprised when it comes from the same person who called "Crash a 90s relic" and "Crash is outclassed by every other relevant platformer" lol

Tapejara

As a mega Crash fan, I was going to be very frustrated if I wouldn't be able to get all three platinum trophies for this remake. So I'm glad it'll be manageable. ...I say that, but we have no idea how tight the times will be in Crash 1 + 2...

I know Crash 2 like the back of my hand, so I'm not too worried about that one. I think relics for the original Crash will be interesting though - as I said earlier in the thread, I'm sure Slippery Climb will pose quite a bit of trouble!

Top Bottom