• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy "Lost Treasures" DLC trophies leaked

PSqueak

Banned
This is great. I'm so pleased they found a way to work the Cortex announcer stuff into their new intro.

And they also mimmick the whole logo narration from back in the day, gosh, i still know the one from Warped by heart!

And for fun read the logos on Bloodborne in the same manner

Kouriozan

Was about to finally pre-order it but I'll wait until confirmation it's free or not.
It's probably why it's "only" 39€ though, because there will be a season pass.

Fisty

If it paid dlc we would be able to see it on the PSN,but it's not.
I think it's a patch.

It very well could be, or maybe a preorder bonus or something.

But this is Activision. They have set some awful precedents, and I am unable to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Kolx

We're getting 3 amazing remakes for $40 and people are already quick to complain about potential paid DLC to add new levels?

THIS. 3 remakes for 40$ is a steal it's almost too good to b true, and people complain about this?! You'll get everything that was included in the 3 games and then some more in the package.

Meowster

Wow I never even knew about this after all those years I spent playing the originals. Watching a video of gameplay footage now.

farisr

Some of the reactions in this thread... smh...

We're getting three "remastered" (they're really remakes) games for $40 total, and you're up in arms about a level that most people weren't even aware about, which was not accessible by normal means, possibly (still not confirmed) being paid DLC and polished up to a playable degree. Geez.

Not really getting the hate if this turns out to be paid DLC? First of all, this is Activision we're talking about; of course if it's DLC, it's gonna be paid. Second, if the DLC are levels that weren't even in the original games, you're gonna be mad that you're not getting what was cut content in the first place for free? Lmao come on now.

Hesh

Huh, I had no idea that the remakes weren't going to include all of the levels and content from the original games. What other remakes/remasters have cut content from the original games? I can't remember any off the top of my head but I'm guessing this is fairly common practice.

iosefe

Huh, I had no idea that the remakes weren't going to include all of the levels and content from the original games. What other remakes/remasters have cut content from the original games? I can't remember any off the top of my head but I'm guessing this is fairly common practice.

you got it backwards, actually. those levels were cut before the release of the original game and are being restored in DLC form

The remakes are the full games

The DLC in question is content cut from the original game that was never "officially" accessible

So essentially they would be charging for content never released, completely remade like the rest

This of course, is a horrible thing or something on top of the already modestly priced package

Ashtar

Please explain this to non crash fans, were these playable and functioning in original crash without modding? If so I can understand the outrage otherwise it seems pretty silly

RK128

Please explain this to non crash fans, were these playable and functioning in original crash without modding? If so I can understand the outrage otherwise it seems pretty silly

From my understanding, Crash 1 had a few cut levels but two were largely complete. The DLC listed/discovered? Those are the lost/cut levels, fully recreated like the rest of the game. Them being DLC (likely cheap DLC too, no less than maybe 5-6$) isn't that bad at all, more so considering how the game is already a great deal at $40 bucks.

Your wrong they didn't cut anything from the remakes. This is content that was cut from original crash game that is apparently being restored in the remake.
There is also no evidence so far that they'll be charging for it but Acti will Acti I suppose.

Ashtar

From my understanding, Crash 1 had a few cut levels but two were largely complete. The DLC listed/discovered? Those are the lost/cut levels, fully recreated like the rest of the game. Them being DLC (likely cheap DLC too, no less than maybe 5-6$) isn't that bad at all, more so considering how the game is already a great deal at $40 bucks.
Lol if that's correct some of the people in here are being incredibly dramatic! If you're betting 3 entire games for 13 dollars a piece but then complain about content that was not playable in those original games being added? Especially before it's even confirmed?
Do people really think that you can feed your family with forum posts? Don't be ridiculous the game is already a great deal.

Hesh

you got it backwards, actually. those levels were cut before the release of the original game and are being restored in DLC form

Ah, thanks for the clarification. My mistake, I was not aware this was referring to restored content. As such, I'm guessing this will be paid DLC and not a free update.

Renna Hazel

3 fully remade games for 40 dollars gives them the right to charge a little extra for original content. It probably still doesn't add up to a full priced game.

PaulloDEC

The extra levels should have been on the disc already.

I will not give Activision my money. I'll wait for it to be cheap and used.

The level of greed here is staggering. You're getting three beloved games, recreated from the ground up with countless improvements and tweaks across the board for $40 measly bucks...

...and you're going to veto because they won't give you even more?

If this is some kind of moral crusade, your feelings are very much misplaced in this case. For players who like this kind of game, the value on offer is uncommonly excellent.

The level of greed here is staggering. You're getting three beloved games, recreated from the ground up with countless improvements and tweaks across the board for $40 measly bucks...

...and you're going to veto because they won't give you even more?

If this is some kind of moral crusade, your feelings are very much misplaced in this case. For players who like this kind of game, the value on offer is uncommonly excellent.

The game is no longer complete in my eyes. For that reason alone it's not worth the price they are asking.

I'm buying used.

The game is no longer complete in my eyes. For that reason alone it's not worth the price they are asking.

I'm buying used.
If the product was already bought new, shouldn't the used copy be free?

I mean paying for something that's already been bought, that's practically DLC in itself if you really think about it. Really makes you think about how that $40 purchase can turn into more smaller purchases for the same product

PaulloDEC

The game is no longer complete in my eyes.

In what sense is it not complete? Even if we take the leap to assume that the DLC is cut content from the original games, how does leaving that off the disc make the game incomplete? The content was never playable without modding, nor was it ever intended to be accessible by the public.

The fucking moon-logic in this place sometimes, seriously.

ZeroX03

Banned
Gaf has a hate boner for Crash, its mot even funny.

Every single thread has people saying over and over that Crash was never really good,just poor PS1 peasants that didn't know any real platformers

Meanwhile, Amiibos are totally not BS on-disc DLC because Mario does it

Bruh, there's an amiibo hate thread from today.

There's hatred in every thread, and yeah, it's especially fucking annoying with Crash but there's no need to push that there's a narrative or some kind of fan bias or anything. Everyone on NeoGAF hates everything and anyone in their right mind is too busy playing games to post.

farisr

I'm buying used.
Well your eyes are messed up. Get them checked out by a doctor. The three games, remade in their complete state are being sold as a package for $40. Extra levels will be offered as DLC.

If you consider this $40 package incomplete, then the original games were incomplete as well.

Zubz

Banned
I can see why people are upset about this. Stormy Ascent isn't in the original game directly, but the assets are used in Slippery Climb. It feels wrong knowing an entire level that'd be relatively easy to add may very well cost extra. Especially if it's $5 extra & the only level added, making it over 1/3 the price of the game as a whole.

Some of the reactions are hyperbolic, but I know I'll hate myself for supporting this skeezy practice, even if it only costs me $5.

Top Bottom