• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled — Reviews Thread

Katsura

So after having raged at blue shells in MK8 for the 1000th time, how is this game? I've heard there is no rubberband AI and driving skills are much more important than items. Is this true?

Nymphae

Banned
So after having raged at blue shells in MK8 for the 1000th time, how is this game? I've heard there is no rubberband AI and driving skills are much more important than items. Is this true?

I stopped playing after few plays because it was evident that there was rubberbanding AI, and they turned up the AI cheating to 11. I had to spend a decent amount of effort just getting through the first track, and that's BS. I think several other people here have noticed the game is a lot more frustrating than the original was.

Last edited:

Katsura

I stopped playing after few plays because it was evident that there was rubberbanding AI, and they turned up the AI cheating to 11. I had to spend a decent amount of effort just getting through the first track, and that's BS. I think several other people here have noticed the game is a lot more frustrating than the original was.
Fuck me. I'd really like a good kart racer with no rubberbanding. Thanks for warning me

Nymphae

Banned
Fuck me. I'd really like a good kart racer with no rubberbanding. Thanks for warning me

It's been a while since I've played it, literally since launch week, so maybe it's been patched or something, but yeah initially I was very frustrated with it to the point of not wanting to play.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member

It's kinda good control wise and charming visually.
But I would go with what the other member said. It's not balanced in terms of racing against the cpu, most of the times when you are near them they gonna shove you a lot of missiles as if it's the only item they can pick and as if they keep holding items only to shoot at you.
And this is not even the "hard" mode. Because in the hard they cheat their speed and theres nothing you can do about it.

They don't even have the decency of fix one of the first and most annoying bugs, invisible walls.

You can still play it and have fun though.

Last edited:

Fake

To be honest, this is a combination of Beedox ass job and those 'news fans' who they keep listening I don't know why.
Look, even the recent update litellary destroy the remake. You can now change the attribute of your char, so Pura can be an advance or Crash can be turn. I really can't believe why they keep listening some fans how actually never played the game. They think the game need to be similar to Mario Kart, but the true is Crash Team Racing make their fame by being in their way.
Those new fans think every fuck kart racing need to be similar to Mario Kart. I already think a future update will change how type of cars work.
I can't regonize the game anymore to be honest. Itens spam, Blue turbo spam, AI keep using missile, invisible wall. I completely regretted buying this game.

All true based on my experience with it. The AI can be very challenging, but they're consistently so, no matter what position you're in. And items seem to be much less of a deciding factor when playing online.

Fake

All true based on my experience with it. The AI can be very challenging, but they're consistently so, no matter what position you're in. And items seem to be much less of a deciding factor when playing online.
Not true if you follow CTR blog. Bots online don't use itens anymore and players can only use warp orbs after the first lap.

kingbean

How the fuck do you play this? I'm like 20 attempts into race 2 and I can't beat it to save my goddamn life.

It's like drifting is impossible. Maybe I should just stick to Mario Kart.

Fake

How the fuck do you play this? I'm like 20 attempts into race 2 and I can't beat it to save my goddamn life.

It's like drifting is impossible. Maybe I should just stick to Mario Kart.
Unless you can't even learn via tutorial, you should stick with Mario Kart because the new CTR is just like the old CTR.

kingbean

Unless you can't even learn via tutorial, you should stick with Mario Kart because the new CTR is just like the old CTR.

I figured it out. I just had to build the muscle memory to tap boost.

Now I'm on the 2nd world/opened first key door.

Last edited:

Meesh

I was on the fence, almost bought it for Switch a number of times but really my fears were for nothing. It sounds pretty good!!... and I'm sure it'll ride me over till MK9 comes out.

kingbean

I was on the fence, almost bought it for Switch a number of times but really my fears were for nothing. It sounds pretty good!!... and I'm sure it'll ride me over till MK9 comes out.
Load times are terrible, but its good.

Top Bottom