• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crossfire X - Remedy, 5 years in the making

Thirty7ven

Banned
Alongside Psychonauts 2 and Everwild, there was another game at the Xbox event that really caught my eye, and that was Crossfire X.

Remedy and Smilegate started working on this five years ago!

Press Star
CROSSFIREX CAMPAIGN PREVIEW – REMEDY’S SIGNATURE STYLE SHINES IN A FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER

The game’s campaign has been in the works for five years with the collaboration between Remedy and Smilegate coming together in what was described as both studios bringing their best together to create something totally unique. Taipalvesi describes it an “industry happy story where Smilegate sought us out. They needed a partner to collaborate with to build single-player stories for CrossFire as well as some world-building for the CrossFire universe”. He continued by saying that “Remedy has had quite a lot of freedom within the IP. It’s our first time working in someone else’s sandbox, but it has been a happy place for us to be in. With them seeking us out to work on a game, our area of expertise has been understood and we’ve been left to do what we do best”.

The live demo that I got to watch the team play through was running on an Xbox One X and followed an operation from the Black List side of the story (the campaign will also feature missions from the Global Risk faction). Launching into the demo, playing as Luis Tores, who is a skilled thief and a civilian, it’s clear that despite this being a FPS, it’s going to focus a lot on story-telling, with the demo opening up with a lengthy cutscene, with many compelling characters introduced throughout.

Crossfire.jpg

INC

Now this game looks like 5 years well spent. They should have done a gameplay demo for this.

What's confusing about this game is that there's no mention of a PC version, what's with that?

Isnt the SP a exclusive or timed exclusive for xbx......what i took from it, whether that's true or not, I'm not sure, that's how it sounded to me, I could be massively wrong tho

Thirty7ven

Banned
Isnt the SP a exclusive or timed exclusive for xbx......what i took from it, whether that's true or not, I'm not sure, that's how it sounded to me, I could be massively wrong tho

As far as I understood it’s timed exclusive and the multiplayer will be available through Gamepass while the single player will be sold separately.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Going to be interesting seeing a 60fps Northlight Engine console game. Quantum Break and Control are demanding games with top tier visuals.

It's sad when your poster child game, Halo Infinite, looked, ahem, infinitely worse than this game. Graphically that is. I don't know what to expect from this game, but Remedy always does interesting stuff, so I will keep it on my radar.

Reindeer

Going to be interesting seeing a 60fps Northlight Engine console game. Quantum Break and Control are demanding games with top tier visuals.
It's using Unreal Engine 4, not Northlight.

"Powered by Unreal Engine 4, CrossfireX is being developed by our team at Smilegate Entertainment, based in Seoul, South Korea, and we have enlisted world class development partners including Remedy Entertainment..."

Last edited by a moderator:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
It's using Unreal Engine 4, not Northlight.

"Powered by Unreal Engine 4, CrossfireX is being developed by our team at Smilegate Entertainment, based in Seoul, South Korea, and we have enlisted world class development partners including Remedy Entertainment..."

Wrong. The campaign uses Northlight.

Last edited:

Reindeer

Codes 208

Yeah I played Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control fine on PC. Were they a mess on consoles? As far as Control is concerned I think the PS4 and XB1 just cant handle all that its doing.
Alan wake not so much, but QB and control definitely were. Or atleast on xbox

Top Bottom