• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrossFireX is a mess

Punished Miku

Gold Member
So this is a Korean f2p FPS series, and this is the third installment.

I'd be more interested in trying it if it was a Korean team on the campaign as well. Might at least be kind of funny like Mindjack.

Sounds like this is just a cheap Remedy game. I guess I'll try it in a year before it leaves GP lol.

Mr Moose

2 hour long campaign? Uhh...
Judging from that video, the graphics look quite dated.
If it's f2p that's fine though.
Edit: Never mind.
The single-player portion, which would not be free-to-play, consists of several operations. Each operation includes several episodes. At launch, there would be two operations available. The story explores a global conflict between Black List and Global Risk, two private military factions.

Last edited:

elliot5

How disastrous was this development when it's been over 2.5 years since announcing and you only have a 2 hour campaign a broken multiplayer lol. It's not even a *new* game, but like a refinished port.

Thirty7ven

Banned
giphy.gif

Doom85

All these games are a mess for having zero faithfulness to the original classic board game! It’s not like it’s a common name that could just be a coincidence, no no, they intentionally disrespected the classic! And failure to do crossovers with other board games, come on! Luckily we can do that ourselves:

hungry 90s GIF by Dark Igloo

Shocked.
How can they do these things when the others devs are delivering stable and function games?

Sadly how the industry is moving... messed playfields, unfinished games, etc.

Allforce

Looks neat enough, I'd never even heard of this until today.

I'm not going to let a single tweet from IGN of all places dissuade me from giving it a try since it's free.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Man I can't even launch the single player yet .. maybe I need to give the console a hard reboot.

SpokkX

This is such a weird release. Why would remedy do this? were they so strapped for $ before they got that Epic deal for Alan Wake 2?

VN1X

Banned

Weird. So far, from what I've seen, it looks really solid. Like a really decent b-tier effort that doesn't do anything crazy but just provides a solid FPS experience. Watching someone play it on twitch rn and it honestly looks more fun than this year's CoD (better spawns too lol).

The only thing 'off' about it imo is that the actual maps themselves look like out of scale, meaning that everything seems way too big but that might be a stylistic or gameplay choice.

wipeout364

I will reserve judgement till I play it. Contrary to the opinions in this thread I loved Control, Quantum Break and Alan Wake. I also thought the beta was a decent console take on counter strike nothing groundbreaking but had some interesting ideas. I am not saying this is good as I have not played the final release but I am willing to give it a try.

Last edited:
Remedy developed the campaign, so its thier fault as much as anyones.
They are not great developers imo. Control and Quantum Break were sleep inducing, and Alan Wake was 'ok'. Remedy havent made a great game since Max Payne 2 imo.
I haven't been able to get into Control, QB or Alan Wake and I've played some of all of them. I loved Max Payne 1 and 2. I still think they should know better than to get involved in this.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
All these games are a mess for having zero faithfulness to the original classic board game! It’s not like it’s a common name that could just be a coincidence, no no, they intentionally disrespected the classic! And failure to do crossovers with other board games, come on! Luckily we can do that ourselves:

hungry 90s GIF by Dark Igloo

tenor.gif

This game always seemed to give me a meh vibe. Funny that people we're hyping this game and the medium last year. Middling games.
Better not be a trend for filler for game pass.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
On reviewer said 2.5 hours for the first campaign, so maybe 4.5 hours for both campaigns.

And one campaign only costs 10$, so u can´t compare it to a full price game.

4,5 hours for 20$ is not THAT bad.
They also might release more campaign after these first.

Thirty7ven

Banned
At this point, MS has to start asking itself if some developers after they get a Gamepass deal, just forget the world quality. This looks like they got easy money from Gamepass and call it a day.

Much like Netflix what matters is volume. Just look at some people already coming to the rescue of this garbo. No respect whatsoever for their own time, they just want to consume content for cheap.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Was hoping the campaign would be at least worth it. I'm hearing mixed things.

Seems everyone agrees that the MP is bad.

Top Bottom