• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrossFireX is a mess

Lone Wolf

Be aware if you only play campaign and like Cheevos , that this game has exactly 12 achievements, and they are all for multiplayer. No campaign achievements.

GrayChild

Remedy's involvement in this project looks like a 'we're doing this just because we're strapped for cash' kinda situation.

Sad to see them working on something as generic and uninspired as this. Well, hopefully they'll show their true potential with the sequels of Alan Wake and Control.

Stuart360

The Gunk was great and I completed it, and enjoyed it. A gigantic leap ahead for that studio in terms of graphics tech.

So do you just literally hate any AA games?
Its AAA or bust for a lot of people on here unfortunately.
To be fair i used to be against Indie's years ago, until i realized how inventive and fun some Indie games can be. Steam will do that to you when they alolow any piece of shit onto Steam.

skit_data

What confuses me is that the multiplayer is supposedly big in China if i remember correctly?
How can a game so bad become so popular?

Edit: The only good thing about this game seems to be that it reminded me of KKND2: Krossfire, man was that game awesome.

Last edited:

splattered

Well crap... it was cheap so i preordered hoping the MP would be a bit of fun at least.

Looks like i need to request a refund immediately. Oof.

What confuses me is that the multiplayer is supposedly big in China if i remember correctly?
How can a game so bad become so popular?

Well it’s one of 5 different Crossfire games so they probably aren’t all as badly received. But considering the number of different games banned over there I‘d figure it’s just a case of them taking what they can get.

splattered

Refund was almost immediate, quick and painless. Glad we got word of it being a dumpster fire before release haha oh well... it happens.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Another great example of the future of gaming on Gamepass.
Yeah just like with bf2042.

Oh wait. Your argument is pure fanboyish.

It has nothing to do with game pass. If the game is shit then no one plays it.

And that's what devs want

Papacheeks

Banned
The Gunk looked pretty cool to me, like a title I would pay money for.

Get it on a sale. It's ok from what I hear, but outside of the gimmick it's a pretty basic game.

Lmfao.

Where is that energy when the usual flunkies were hyping this shit up?

They are all hiding. But dont worry Colteastwood, Destin, will find some other schlock game like Crossfire, gunk to prop up.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Didn't take long for the usual suspects to come here, bash the game/Game Pass/Xbox to fix their fragile egos.

Or maybe with the consecutive months Xbox has had nothing, it's possibly a good talking point when comparing Gamepass to services like Netflix. WHich is the larger talking point of keeping people subbed and happy throughout the year and not just put all your eggs into 2 -3 months?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
2-hour campaign??? Well, that's disappointing, I was looking forward to this since it's r\Remedy, but oh well. At least thanks to it being Game Pass I didn't buy it.

splattered

Get it on a sale. It's ok from what I hear, but outside of the gimmick it's a pretty basic game.

They are all hiding. But dont worry Colteastwood, Destin, will find some other schlock game like Crossfire, gunk to prop up.

What's wrong with being excited for a game and hyping it up? I myself thought it looked pretty cool from trailers so i preordered it but walked it back and got a refund. Now if they ignore the fact that it's crap AFTER it's released and refuse to admit that it's not so hot... that's another thing.

Riky

$MSFT
Or maybe with the consecutive months Xbox has had nothing, it's possibly a good talking point when comparing Gamepass to services like Netflix. WHich is the larger talking point of keeping people subbed and happy throughout the year and not just put all your eggs into 2 -3 months?

I'm sure it just had Hitman 3 for starters, so stop making things up.

Papacheeks

Banned
What's wrong with being excited for a game and hyping it up? I myself thought it looked pretty cool from trailers so i preordered it but walked it back and got a refund. Now if they ignore the fact that it's crap AFTER it's released and refuse to admit that it's not so hot... that's another thing.

Everyone who played it in 2020 didn't have much to say about it. But we kept getting people hyping up because Remedy was helping with Campaign. But now cats out of the bag, microsoft knew too for a while how bad this was.

kyoji

Ill give phil spencer credit, he realized he wasnt getting quality support from 3rd party for his little sub services experiment, thats part of the reason why they paid the big bucks for activision etc. so the decision making isnt left up to anyone else as far as GP goes.

Its just funny how many people were capping for GP over these last several months when most if not all the current 3rd party games people were excited for or hyping up are mid to medicore at best. Crossfire is just another example of this.

elliot5

Ill give phil spencer credit, he realized he wasnt getting quality support from 3rd party for his little sub services experiment, thats part of the reason why they paid the big bucks for activision etc. so the decision making isnt left up to anyone else as far as GP goes.

Its just funny how many people were capping for GP over these last several months when most if not all the current 3rd party games people were excited for or hyping up are mid to medicore at best. Crossfire is just another example of this.
literally nobody was hyping this game up

Punished Miku

Gold Member
This thread is pretty shocking. Just people generally celebrating that a game releasing day one on gamepass is terrible. Almost childish behaviour. I think I need a break from here. Please can someone ban me for 1 month.
They would ignore it if it wasn't threatening to them, and also simultaneously making them jealous. People don't always give you praise when you're right. Sometimes they attack when you're onto something good.

I literally haven't even started the Mass Effect trilogy that got added last month, or Death's Door, Danganronpa, or Nobody Saves the World which is awesome by the way and Xbox exclusive apparently. Mass Effect alone is a $30 game, which pays for 2 months of GP at full price right there. And we typically get another 20 games each month on top of that. But yeah, GP sucks har har har, jokes on us. These people are losers and you're letting their opinions get to you too much. Just play what you like.

I mean what's your criteria for "nothing"? Last month was Rainbow Six Extraction, Hitman Trilogy, Death’s Door, which was a pretty solid drop. Then the consecutive six months prior had plenty of First Party titles and larger Third Party titles like Back 4 Blood.

What has PlayStation released in the last six months if Xbox has had "nothing"? Especially given that you can buy six months of GamePass for less than the price of a single new PS5 game.

Papacheeks

Banned
literally nobody was hyping this game up

Go back and look at all the promotions it had for 2020, major nelson's page and then all affiliated sites like Polygon and the likes talking about it.

Another Medium type Situation.

But keep saving face.

I mean what's your criteria for "nothing"? Last month was Rainbow Six Extraction, Hitman Trilogy, Death’s Door, which was a pretty solid drop. Then the consecutive six months prior had plenty of First Party titles and larger Third Party titles like Back 4 Blood.

What has PlayStation released in the last six months if Xbox has had "nothing"? Especially given that you can buy six months of GamePass for less than the price of a single new PS5 game.

Sifu just launched. WHich though not first party is no different than what Microsoft advertises for Gamepass exclusives like gunk, Crossfire ect.

January was Uncharted collection, February is Sifu, Horizon followed by Gran Turismo, Forspoken.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Isn't this huge in China or something though? Even if it's terrible it might still move consoles there lol

NickFire

Haven't we known for several months at least that this was trash? Oh well.
I was wondering if Extraction was Microsoft's answer to the Stalker 2 delay, but I tend to doubt it. That came together too quickly I would think, but I'm not sure when the Stalker 2 dev would have alerted MS to the delay.

I think Crossfire X could be a huge hit. It has Remedy working on it, doesn't it? So could be a very compelling single player mode. And then I'm sure it has multiplayer too which could be a lot of fun. I've never played any of the Crossfire games, but I hear they're massive in Asia (I think).
If you knew that several months ago, why were you predicting it could be a huge hit less than a month ago?

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT

Is This guy so far gone with the warring that he actually thinks the only games on Gamepass are exclusives?

Gamepass users got Hitman trilogy, Mass effect trilogy, Deaths Door, Nobody Saves the World, Rainbow Six Extraction, Windjammers 2 and Taiko no Taitsujin in January alone, but he’s here claiming that they’ve had nothing for months!

Mind-boggling.

Papacheeks

Banned
Is This guy so far gone with the warring that he actually thinks the only games on Gamepass are exclusives?

Gamepass users got Hitman trilogy, Mass effect trilogy, Deaths Door, Nobody Saves the World, Rainbow Six Extraction, Windjammers 2 and Taiko no Taitsujin in January alone, but he’s here claiming that they’ve had nothing for months!

Mind-boggling.

So you got a couple collections? one of them from last year, the other is a collection of stuff thats been out for a while and cheap, and Rainbow six extraction is a poor mans left4dead. The best out of those for your money is ME trilogy which I bought for like $24 on PSN, Deaths Door which I now own on steam and its fantastic, and Nobody saves the world.
Thats still nothing to write home about, and this month is pretty trash. Stalker 2 is pushed till end of the year and likely into 2023. What is there for big games? People dont pay $10-15 to play collections of older games or indie games.

The honeymoon that was fall for Xbox is over. Fall last year xbox had a stellar lineup with Back4bLood and Forza in October, and Halo mp and Campaign for November/December with little smaller titles like Gunk sprinkled in. Thats how you do it.
A big release, then you compliment it with stuff like ME trilogy/Hitman, Death's door. Not everyone signs up to play a bunch of indie games or titles that are readily available for cheap. ME trilogy was under $30 everywhere for every platform. Hitman games have been cheap as fuck for like a long time. It is nice to have them all under one collection with all the added missions/Dlc/Locatinos.

Last edited:

The_Mike

Can we please stop all this fanboy bs soon?

God damn, and people in here says there's derailing in PlayStation threads, meanwhile the very same people are using any xbox or game pass related threads as a public restroom after a dinner at Taco Bell.

Fucking embarrassing.

Edit: sorry Mod of War Mod of War , you posted while I was still writing.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I'll be honest it's the talking point isn't it? Crossfire was a mess back during the beta in 2020. So is Microsoft screening this content that they promote?
Theres a difference between stating your opinion, or straight up derail and trash talk and/or troll.

This thread is about crossfire, yet people are bashing game pass and blame that for this disaster.

Vognerful

I remember I played the game when. The beta came to Xbox. If I remember correctly, it played exactly like counterstrike. Maybe that is why it is big in east Asia.

I have no idea about the campaign, but is it bad because it is short? Or the story is bad?

The_Mike

I remember I played the game when. The beta came to Xbox. If I remember correctly, it played exactly like counterstrike. Maybe that is why it is big in east Asia.

I have no idea about the campaign, but is it bad because it is short? Or the story is bad?
I don't know anything about the campaign, but by the looks of it it really looks like a low budget Cs go. The weapons, the maps, areas, etc. They look more or less like Cs go assets, at least from the videos I've seen.

Papacheeks

Banned
Theres a difference between stating your opinion, or straight up derail and trash talk and/or troll.

This thread is about crossfire, yet people are bashing game pass and blame that for this disaster.

I think the issue is how Games like Crossfire X have been promoted. I linked to a previous post, that I have listed links of all the affiliated youtubers/Sites including Major Nelson were promoting this game. And a lot of somewhat big Proi xbox channels were promoting Crossfire X because of Remedy's involvement. Which until campaign released on its own we had no clue what state the campaign was in.

And now we know they had very little involvement in design of the game. But it was still promoted as being a fairly big deal in Microsoft's 2020 game collection.

So 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Vognerful

I don't know anything about the campaign, but by the looks of it it really looks like a low budget Cs go. The weapons, the maps, areas, etc. They look more or less like Cs go assets, at least from the videos I've seen.
Does any video or article explain why the campaign is bad? Other than it is being episodic?

Top Bottom