• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrowbCat - 5 Years + $40M = ME Andromeda

Slaythe

You know what, if you consider that this guy is GOB in space, having no idea what he's doing here and forced to witness terrible scenes and having to make out with horrible aliens etc...

It's pure genius.

wjqLRX.gif

Play Hello darkness when it zooms in on his face and tell me the illusion isn't perfect.

Maybe this was BioWare's plan all along.

Make Andromeda so bad that people look back on Mass Effect 3 like it was some kind of masterpiece.

See also: Kojima, MGS4, MGSV

This game just looks worse the more I see of it. I can't even bring myself to spend the three bucks to Redbox it.

You know what, if you consider that this guy is GOB in space, having no idea what he's doing here and forced to witness terrible scenes and having to make out with horrible aliens etc...

It's pure genius.

wjqLRX.gif

Play Hello darkness when it zooms in on his face and tell me the illusion isn't perfect.

gob the arrested development character? lmao

Zomba13

It's pure genius.

wjqLRX.gif

tumblr_nahh7dl6mX1twe13wo1_500.gif

This is an ignorant post and the exact problem of thinking diversity equals lower quality. People of color and women are not inferior to white males. They aren't being hired despite being somehow lesser. Get rid of that mindset. Its ignorant and offensive to assume people who you see as "diverse" are less skilled or talented. What makes a white male more effective or more talent? What even leads you to that belief?

Not once in that post did I say I was white or male.... It's pretty ignorant and racist for you to assume that. You should rid yourself of your preconceived notions.

All I will say is that I was pressured into hiring an unqualified candidate that I had participated in an interview of that was a minority. Want to take a guess why I was pressured into hiring that person?

Listen man. Again I'm not saying this is what happened @ Bioware. I don't work there. I don't know. Obviously the employees weren't of adequate quality, otherwise they would have put out a higher quality product. They had the time and the money, thats for sure. In any case, if I'm responsible for the quality of employees I hire, I'm not going to make poor hiring decisions just to meet a diversity quota. It's literally racist to do so. And that's all I'll say about that.

As to the video. The Krogan fight scene is so appallingly bad I'm surprised it actually shipped in that state. What is UP with those voice actors too?

Not once in that post did I say I was white or male.... It's pretty ignorant and racist for you to assume that. You should rid yourself of your preconceived notions.

All I will say is that I was pressured into hiring an unqualified candidate that I had participated in an interview of that was a minority. Want to take a guess why I was pressured into hiring that person?

Listen man. Again I'm not saying this is what happened @ Bioware. I don't work there. I don't know. Obviously the employees weren't of adequate quality, otherwise they would have put out a higher quality product. They had the time and the money, thats for sure. In any case, if I'm responsible for the quality of employees I hire, I'm not going to make poor hiring decisions just to meet a diversity quota. It's literally racist to do so. And that's all I'll say about that.

As to the video. The Krogan fight scene is so appallingly bad I'm surprised it actually shipped in that state. What is UP with those voice actors too?

the krogan who won the fight sounds like a south park character

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I really want to give this game a benefit of a doubt, but this is pure early access BS and totally broken.

This stuff definitely sucks but I still love the game. I dunno. I think it is still my favorite ME yet.

Sadly I am almost used to bugs like this. Maybe because I play so many eurojank games lmao

Calibos

Why did I watch?

I was thoroughly enjoying this game ignoring and writing off the issues...Now, I am completely turned off.

The biggest things for me is the dead-pan, no drama delivery of lines along with emotionless faces in scenes where there is definitely supposed to be both.

The writing comes in second...A couple times in the first 5-10 hours I thought I was playing an 80's sitcom...which may be cool if this wasn't such a dramatic, serious series in the first 3. Mankind's hopes are put on the Ryder twins shoulders? Really?

Uggggh!!! Why did I watch?...negativity is such a cancer...

RocknRola

Damnit, I know I probably spoiled myself with some stuff there but sooooo worth it lol

Laughed so damn hard! The game is funky in all the wrong ways for sure haha

Still gonna get it though :p

I think it was worth it to "spoil" myself on a game I'm not sure I even care about supporting. Will plan to avoid for the forseeable future.

It's going to take a lot of patches to fix some of those bugs and the writing and dialog issues have no chance to be fixed.

joecanada

"Liam! Hold me!" as they hang on for dear life, about to be sucked out of an airlock...

A 10 year-old could write better dialogue than this. Unbelievable.

I may be remembering wrong but what struck me about that scene was one of them isn't even holding onto the rail are they??

I mean in every example scene there's multiple shit that just looks, sounds, feels, stupid.

Apathy

It's pure genius.

wjqLRX.gif

jJYA0I5.gif

It's pure genius.

wjqLRX.gif

Please no.

Wow, I knew it wasn't good, but I didn't know it was THIS bad.

I honestly may not even play it when/if it comes to EA Access. This is just terrible on so may different levels.

Poor Mass Effect. :(

It's pure genius.

wjqLRX.gif

I swear my male custom Ryder better not have that face when he's hugging her. That's ludicrous.

7roject28

It's pure genius.

wjqLRX.gif

You mean Sound of Silence or a different song?

Kimaka

Male Ryder seems to suffer from dead face while female Ryder got all of the emotions, but uses them at the most inappropriate times.

Chaos17

I've been waiting for this more than the game itself

https://youtu.be/7KWkao73HuU

If you EVER thought of purchasing Andromeda... DON'T WATCH THIS!!!

This is catastrophic in a lot of regards specially the writing + motion

Issues like the poor writing can't be fixed by a patch ... it's an embarrassment

I laughed very hard at 11:40

I laughed way too much, this has brightened my day, lol
Though, I'm liking a lot derpy heroine xD

MrDaravon

So decided to watch this as I'm ~10 hours into the game and not sure why I'm still playing it so I don't care about spoilers. Outside of me somehow hilariously seeing the one spoiler already coming
regarding the mother being in stasis or somehow else still alive
this video definitely confirmed I'm done with the game. It's such a fucking mess, I have no idea how EA thought it was going to be a good idea to put the game out like this, especially after the flak they got over the whole ME3 thing; you would think they'd pull out all of the stops to make this a stellar effort. The worst part is that even if they somehow did a FULL graphical and animation overhaul on all of the characters it'd still be stuck with the shitty writing and everything else. What a colossal disappointment.

The Krogan fight is one of the most embarrassing things I've seen in an ostensibly AAA game in ages. It immediately reminded me of the Too Human opening.....so yeah that's a flattering comparison for Bioware haha.

Top Bottom