• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrowbCat - 5 Years + $40M = ME Andromeda

At this point they should just re-brand the game as a comedy lol.

TV sitcom trailer voice- "Sarah Ryder was just an average girl traveling through space with her family, and now, she's the Pathfinder!!"

"Watch as she struggles to fill her father's shoes, find love, and make new friends in Mass Effect: Andromeda coming to NBC's Tuesday Nights Lineup of Laughs"

ERQgWNt.gif

mojojoeo

I just kissed Cora for the first time.
She reached through my armor to grab my arm bone.
The faces didnt even line up well.

its the thing bioware is known for and they fuck it up.

bj00rn_

Banned
Yeah, what is up with these racist asshats?

Yeah but at least they didn't work on the game like the openly racist asshat and developer Manveer Heir. And no; The faux pas reverse psychology (oh no! I got caught in the trap by calling him a racist!) as an excuse to get to say whatever he likes doesn't impress me much. It's even more sad considering the fact that his twattery is officially approved by a social justice-pandering Bioware. ..Which leads me to the point that the notions in the youtube comments actually aren't all just knee-jerk reactions empty of truth.

The game sure much looks like a turd, for shame. The video was fun though.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
Yeah but at least they didn't work on the game like the openly racist asshat and developer Manveer Heir. And no; The faux pas reverse psychology (oh no! I got caught in the trap by calling him a racist!) as an excuse to get to say whatever he likes doesn't impress me much. It's even more sad considering the fact that his twattery is officially approved by a social justice-pandering Bioware. ..Which leads me to the point that the notions in the youtube comments actually aren't all just knee-jerk reactions empty of truth.

This is ignored because he's attacking white people which is not considered racist. It's a convenient double standard.

The game sure much looks like a turd, for shame. The video was fun though.

This is ignored because he's attacking white people which is not considered racist. It's a convenient double standard.
I'm I on kotakuinaction?
lol

So decided to watch this as I'm ~10 hours into the game and not sure why I'm still playing it so I don't care about spoilers. Outside of me somehow hilariously seeing the one spoiler already coming
regarding the mother being in stasis or somehow else still alive
this video definitely confirmed I'm done with the game. It's such a fucking mess, I have no idea how EA thought it was going to be a good idea to put the game out like this, especially after the flak they got over the whole ME3 thing; you would think they'd pull out all of the stops to make this a stellar effort. The worst part is that even if they somehow did a FULL graphical and animation overhaul on all of the characters it'd still be stuck with the shitty writing and everything else. What a colossal disappointment.

The Krogan fight is one of the most embarrassing things I've seen in an ostensibly AAA game in ages. It immediately reminded me of the Too Human opening.....so yeah that's a flattering comparison for Bioware haha.

I think people should stop blaming EA. Bioware had 5 years and plenty of money to do this game.

Isn't the uncharted game like 25 million

However, Uncharted 3 cost somewhere in the realm of $25,million, which isn't an uncommon expense for games at this scale. Given the technical advancements Uncharted 4 represents it wouldn't be surprising if it cost anywhere in a range from $25–50,million.May 15, 2016

Compare that to this.

Ok so glitches and PS2-Level animation aside, is this really how the game looks?

It straight up looks unfinished in parts. Is this the PC footage on low?

Wait wait wait so Manveer is now a beacon of hope against an unfair tyranny??? I'm confused now.

I mean that's for you to decide.

CpH3WtHWEAAABDS.jpg

OT: Great video as usual from him. What a disaster. I only slightly bought into the hype from the combat dev diary but I never committed to preordering the game. Seems I made the right call.

Considering they must have been aware that they skipped out on good facial animations for Andromeda, why did they keep the camera that's designed to place emphasis on non-verbal communication between characters?

Nier Automata has no facial animation for most of the game, yet it does an excellent job of delivering its narrative. You genuienly don't need close ups of characters faces to tell a good story, so why emphasize one of the games weakest characteristics?

komorebi

Just watched it. All I can say is....embarrassing. I'm never buying this game at any price. Even with the glitches and animations fully patched the writing and characters are terrible.

I wonder what EA is thinking. I mean really thinking, not their PR bullshit.

I saw a lot of posts defending mea lately, this game should not have been shipped in this state, it's inexcusable.
That said, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in 20 minutes, 10/10, goty, and I don't even have the game.

Švejk

The last 2 minutes is GOLD. Seriously though... if someone mods in poonikins, I'll totally be on board this sci-fi shit wagon!

semiconscious

Gold Member
I saw a lot of posts defending mea lately, this game should not have been shipped in this state, it's inexcusable.
That said, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in 20 minutes, 10/10, goty, and I don't even have the game.

see, that's why i continue to enjoy the game, warts'n'all: so much that's wrong with it is also hilarious enough to keep me going...

'mass effect: andromeda: when you're mostly in it for the laughs' :) ...

Bizzquik

Truthfully, I can't begin to describe how helpful this video has been to me. I was in disbelief that BioWare could make such a buggy bro-fest of a game until I saw this video. Now I know my disillusionment was not mine alone; many others feel the same way. 2.4 million views!
The video plays like an angry nasty-gram to a scorned former lover, and the laughter it brings with it has helped.

Just thinking about the game makes me very sad, but I'm now at the final stage of grief: Acceptance. And I'm almost ready to move on and forget this game ever happened.

My lord... I was just starting to kind of warm back up to the prospect of getting ME:A down the road but watching this and... oh boy.

I mean, at around 7:40 you have some crazy monster seemingly trying to attack Ryder and the people in the conversation, which is the exact same stuff that happened to me all the time in Inquisition when a cutscene would trigger out in the open world.

I expect big RPGs to be a bit buggy- I'm playing the Blood and Wine expansion for The Witcher now and have gotten a couple goofy bugs with NPCs clipping through things but they're the exception, not the rule and generally pretty inconsequential.

I'll just be curious to see how much BioWare does to fix things with ME:A through patches and so on. Maybe that would get me to get the game eventually but there are still enough gameplay things that remind me too much of DA:I's filler that cool me to the whole game. I just don't have much faith BioWare can fix things like the horrible faces and lighting and some of the writing which seem real mediocre. Which is really sad since BioWare used to be my favorite developer where I could easily blind buy one of their games and be happy with it.

I don't understand why this video has so many dislikes....who can hate this?!

I was wondering the same thing.

Then again, there was someone in this very thread claiming CrowbCat is some kind of secretive Gamergater or something just based on YouTube comments from strangers.
*shrug* I guess CrowbCat just rubs some people the wrong way.

i-Lo

CpH3WtHWEAAABDS.jpg

OT: Great video as usual from him. What a disaster. I only slightly bought into the hype from the combat dev diary but I never committed to preordering the game. Seems I made the right call.

OT:
I remember getting roasted by GAF for calling him out (an ethnic minority myself in Canada) because I used the website of a known "gamergater" (unknown to me at the time). I apologized then for linking to their webpage but those tweets are what they are, independent of who brought them to focus- they are disturbing.

Ratros

Irrelevant to the great video by CrowbCat, but I saw the Gob discussion and this screenshot came to my mind:

NSFW (I guess), M/M romance scene:

scottsjunw.jpg

OT:
I remember getting roasted by GAF for calling him out (an ethnic minority myself in Canada) because I used the website of a known "gamergater" (unknown to me at the time). I apologized then for linking to their webpage but those tweets are what they are, independent of who brought them to focus- they are disturbing.
Why did you get called out??? You'd think that surely the more important thing was the tweets right?

CpH3WtHWEAAABDS.jpg

lord. why would you even go there on your personal twitter. Let it slide. I'm actually amazed people still use twitter. I hardly look at mine. Instagram baby!

i-Lo

Why did you get called out??? You'd think that surely the more important thing was the tweets right?

OT:
Perhaps because the source mattered more. I was not and still am not well versed about all those who are involved with GG but suffice it to say that stuff is (rightly) incendiary here. But those tweets need no help in making him look bad tbh. Imagine if the races were reversed- he'd be so (rightly) cast out.

Further more, I got a an interesting PM later that day from another member.

watershed

Banned
OT:
Perhaps because the source mattered more. I was not and still am not well versed about all those who are involved with GG but suffice it to say that stuff is (rightly) incendiary here. But those tweets need no help in making him look bad tbh. Imagine if the races were reversed- he'd be so (rightly) cast out.

But what does this have to do with Mass Effect Andromeda? How does this developer's political views impact the poor quality of this game?

marrec

Banned
OT:

lol at y'all lowkey having this convo :eyes:

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't understand why this video has so many dislikes....who can hate this?!

I was wondering the same thing.

Then again, there was someone in this very thread claiming CrowbCat is some kind of secretive Gamergater or something just based on YouTube comments from strangers.
*shrug* I guess CrowbCat just rubs some people the wrong way.

LOL on BSN alone there are many people who gets offended every time this game is getting slighted.

Though to be fair plenty of people there are also very disappointed about the state if the game.

OT:

An interesting PM? Hmmm....hope it's not what I think it is.
lol at y'all lowkey having this convo :eyes:
Well it's off topic right????

Okay I'll stop now sorry!

Firs for all, lol @ having a conversation in spoilers like that.

Second, some of those tweets aren't even bad? Wow, he sees white people in a pic...?

Top Bottom