• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrowbCat - 5 Years + $40M = ME Andromeda

J4g3r

I really enjoyed Bioware's attempt at the Banderas gif.

8l82igf.gif

Truant

How do you fuck up a game so much?

There's literally no aspect of this game that looks appealing to me. Even ME3 had a bunch of great stuff in it. Hell, even DA:I had its moments.

Kuni

Savage as always haha. That ending was... man... a body blow.

In all seriousness though I really do feel bad for the dev team here. I bet they're just gutted with this.

How do you fuck up a game so much?

There's literally no aspect of this game that looks appealing to me. Even ME3 had a bunch of great stuff in it. Hell, even DA:I had its moments.
The combats fun. That's about it.
I would love to play MP, but the servers suck.

Replicant

We are giving Frostbite too much credibility. It's a fantastic engine under the right hands. Even DICE struggled getting their pretty looking engine animate right.

EA needs to either stop forcing Frostbite down everyone's throat, or they need to have proper training and learning sessions for all of it's setbacks.

This engine sounds like a disaster all around. Don't know why they didn't move it to unreal 4. It'd be less of a work surely.

Liha

Banned
LOL Mass Effect Andromeda is the new Gothic 3. I can't wait to read the inside stories about the long development time.

tci

That was a lot of bugs. And some less than stellar script and animation. Not like Mass Effect was brilliant at it from before. Still looks quite rushed, even if it took 5 years.

To me this is just another validation that full CGI trailers should be banned. Setting expectations too high even before the game is being made. Only in-engine or in-game trailers pls.

So I know people were making all kinds of excuses for this game or saying that it's not all that bad but how the hell do you watch something like this and not just turn the game off? Especially when you consider that watching your character experience a story in a believable way is a pretty basic requirement when it comes to immersion. Weird face screams, dead eyes and tone deaf smiles don't help immerse people into a story at all.

Are EA going to mega patch this or try to forget it happened and not even release DLC?

This is what I'm wondering, I know they're probably not saying anything yet cause they wanna sell as many copies as possible and "our game is on fire" probably doesn't help, but who knows what the hell they're gonna do.

I know they pushed it out for whatever reason, which means that a long term fix probably isn't likely, but leaving the game in this state reflects really poorly on EA and also the Bioware brand. There needs to be something done like they did with BF4, if only for the sake of not getting a reputation for being a company that puts out broken games and leaves them that way.

Schlorgan

Damn did the devs just give up and say fuck it? Has any AAA game ever been released in such a shitty state?
They're giving Obsidian a run for their money.

This is a huge bummer since I kind of like it (it's also the only big game I have until Shadow of War; I don't have a Switch or PS4).

Tansut

2017 has been the year that killed practically all my love for the ME series; I finally got around to ME3 in January and now this. But at least I'm laughing like a loon about it instead of just being angry.

Jedi2016

The video was about what I expected.. hehe. And I saw a few (side-splitting hilarious) clips I hadn't seen before.

Well, this will give me plenty of time to play the trilogy, and by the time I get around to picking this up, it will either be fixed or on sale for three dollars.

Murkas

Awesome video. I really liked the first 3 but I definitely won't be getting this one.

I know it's only cherry picked scenes for the video but is the writing really that fucked? Those stupid witty Nathan Drake style humour lines coming out of Ryder's mouth, do they occur that often? I know it has been a while but I don't remember it being present that much across the first 3 ME games except maybe the final ME3 DLC which they were kinda aiming for.

Are EA going to mega patch this or try to forget it happened and not even release DLC?

Reanimating and repathing most of the game as a patch?

Awesome video. I really liked the first 3 but I definitely won't be getting this one.

I know it's only cherry picked scenes for the video but is the writing really that fucked? Those stupid witty Nathan Drake style humour lines coming out of Ryder's mouth, do they occur that often? I know it has been a while but I don't remember it being present that much across the first 3 ME games except maybe the final ME3 DLC which they were kinda aiming for.

Can't really called it cherry picked when anyone can run into this stuff playing the game normally without much effort.

The writing is actually on average worse than this video.

So much cringey quarter step above meme level writing.

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a side mission where someone runs in yelling LEEEROOOYY JENNKKKINNS or some similar level wasn't funny 10 years ago garbage.

Imagine if whoever wrote the dialogue for magic space kid had to write ALL the dialogue, and all they've been able to watch since ME3 are meme videos on youtube....and they are drunk.

Necron

Hilarious video and I still like the gameplay despite the game's obvious flaws. What will happen with the series after this I wonder... everything didn't sound right with Andromeda from day one.

The best part is that this doesn't feel cherry picked to me. I finished it with 40 hours played and the weird writing is constant. It is almost never not terrible. It's unrelenting.

Edit: Also there is one quest where you have to go some place to find something only for it to not be there, and then go some place only for it to not be there, and then go some place only for it to not be there, and then go some place and find the thing and the entire quest Ryder is complaining about how he is always going places and not finding things. You know the game is bad when the main character is complaining about the quest structure being so repetitive.

Veezy

que?
They're giving Obsidian a run for their money.

This is a huge bummer since I kind of like it (it's also the only big game I have until Shadow of War; I don't have a Switch or PS4).
Don't say shit like that, it's unfair. Obsidian actually competent writers.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
A 20 minute video? I'll watch this in a few chunks, I'm sure I've seen most of it.

*watches whole thing*

I lost it when Human kicked in.

Jawmuncher

Still plan to play it at some point (Probably this summer when it'll easily be 50% or even more off). But it's a real shame what happened here. This was supposed to be the next big Bioware game. Their first non-cross gen title, so I figured it'd show a really big increase in everything across the board. It's a shame to see that's not the case, and hopefully whatever comes next is the big improvement everyone expected here.

Top Bottom