• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cruz names anti-Muslim conspiracy theorist as top foreign policy adviser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Thursday, Cruz revealed his national-security advisory team. The first name on the list? Frank “Obama is a Muslim” Gaffney, Bloomberg reports. Gaffney is the Joe McCarthy of Islamophobia. His think tank, the Center for Security Policy, is dedicated to raising awareness about the jihadist infiltration of the American government. For Gaffney, Barack Hussein Obama is but the tip of the iceberg — in truth, the Muslim Brotherhood has placed operatives throughout the federal government. Among their top agents: Clinton adviser Huma Abedin and anti-tax zealot Grover Norquist. In conservative circles, it's one thing to accuse liberals with foreign-sounding names of “stealth jihad.” It’s quite another to say the same of a white male libertarian who has devoted his life to the noble cause of widening the income gap. After Gaffney wrote a full book on Norquist’s alleged sharia schemes, he was banned from the 2011 Conservative Political Action Conference. (The strongest verifiable evidence of Norquist’s jihadist sympathies appears to be that his wife is a Muslim-American).

Here are some other things that Gaffney believes:

1. Saddam Hussein was behind the Oklahoma City bombing.

2. Obama incorporated the Islamic crescent into the logo of a new missile-defense group.

3. By appointing a Muslim-American to New Jersey’s state judiciary, Chris Christie may be complicit in treason.

This is a guy who is so bigoted that he believes someone can only like Muslims if they are a Muslim and who believes all Muslims are looking to destroy America.

Trump vs. Cruz 2016: Hey, you're fucked.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/03/cruz-names-anti-muslim-paranoic-as-top-adviser.html#

I hope that now that (some) of the media has remembered to do their jobs regarding Trump, they don't forget about Cruz, who's just as bad (probably worse) but has a lower profile.

Ted Cruz is a fucking snake, and if I were a moderate republican, I wouldn't want either of them.

giphy.gif

I honestly hope Cruz becomes the nominee, because he's an even bigger price of shit than Trump and if Trump has a small change of getting elected, Cruz doesn't have jack. Cruz doesn't even have the "but he's so entertaining!", "he probably doesn't believe what he says!", "but he's such a good businessman, can't be bought!", and "for the lulz!" bullshit contrarian arguments that props up Trump. Cruz is all the shit with none of the appeal.

cameron

Southern Poverty Law Center:
Once a respectable Washington insider, Frank Gaffney Jr. is now one of America’s most notorious Islamophobes. Gripped by paranoid fantasies about Muslims destroying the West from within, Gaffney believes that “creeping Shariah,” or Islamic religious law, is a dire threat to American democracy. In 1988, he founded the neoconservative turned anti-Muslim think tank Center for Security Policy. He favors congressional hearings to unmask subversive Muslim conspiracies, and was even banned from far-right Conservative Political Action Conference events after accusing two of its organizers of being agents of the Muslim Brotherhood.

shem935

Banned
While I think Trump would make some attempt at a pivot to the center just by lying out of his teeth about everything he has said, Cruz I think would stick to his guns. He is too pure to pivot. He believes the "silent majority" will carry him to victory. I could not see him softening any of his positions.

Bebpo

Banned
So does this stuff happen because Cruz is intentionally evil as all fuck, or because this guy donated a huge amount of money to Cruz and so Cruz gave him a position without looking much into his background.

gamerMan

Ted Cruz and Trump. Yikes! Ted Cruz is actually worse than Trump. At least Donald Trump doesn't keep his thoughts hidden. Ted Cruz should be Donald Trump's VP.

So does this stuff happen because Cruz is intentionally evil as all fuck, or because this guy donated a huge amount of money to Cruz and so Cruz gave him a position without looking much into his background.

The latter is technically illegal.

But, I wouldn't put it past him.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah, this will go over GREAT in a general election. I'm sure Hillary's team already has the commercial made.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
This is the type of shit Fox News does, they find a random stupid clip of a Democrat doing something unrelated to politics and use it to attack them. Ted Cruz sucks because of his garbage policies, not because his daughter got fussy on camera once.

FStubbs

Cruz is worse than Trump. He's always been more hateful than Trump. Trump just gets cameras. Cruz's rise above the other GOP candidates as the Not-Trump option is purely because of his rabid hatred for anything non-WASP. (Which of course includes himself).

Crocodile

Example #9634634634 that most of the national republicans on the ticket this year aren't much better (if not worse in some ways) than Trump.

bionic77

It's sad that we are reverting as a country.

The more time passes from 9/11 the more I start to think OBL won. He must be smiling in hell seeing Trump and shit like this. Hopefully the paranoia and overt bigotry begins to fade but so far it seems to get stronger every year.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Cruz is worse than Trump. He's always been more hateful than Trump. Trump just gets cameras. Cruz's rise above the other GOP candidates as the Not-Trump option is purely because of his rabid hatred for anything non-WASP. (Which of course includes himself).

Truth. If I had to pick one I would pick Trump in a heartbeat. Cruz is terrifying.

It's sad that we are reverting as a country.

The more time passes from 9/11 the more I start to think OBL won. He must be smiling in hell seeing Trump and shit like this. Hopefully the paranoia and overt bigotry begins to fade but so far it seems to get stronger every year.

He absolutely won. The American way of life has been completely disrupted by his actions and will never be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom