• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psychotic anti-Muslim conspiracy theorist Frank Gaffney joins Trump's transition team

Status
Not open for further replies.

hao chi

Ugh. It was already clear that Trump shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Whitehouse, but with all these additions to his transition team, it baffles me that the Electoral College is still going to elect this destructive moron.

The responsibility now falls on everyone. Muslims, POC, LGBTQ, and all minorities can protest and make ourselves heard, but change and justice will only occur when the white majority stands with us.

Unfortunately, this election shows us that almost half the country does not stand with us, and would take better tax rates and whatever other shit Trump has promised over our dignity.

Sucks so bad to see your identity vilified. Yes Hillary got the popular vote, but almost HALF the country. Or at least half of the people who actually voted. Must be nice to be privileged enough to not even care to vote. Of course the reasons behind voter turnout are not binary, but damn.

Sigh.

So where are all those "give him a chance/just wait" people now?

Ugh. It was already clear that Trump shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Whitehouse, but with all these additions to his transition team, it baffles me that the Electoral College is still going to elect this destructive moron.

Doesn't baffle me at all, the Electoral College's purpose to go faithless in case democracy fucks up hasn't been a thing in forever.

Wag

HT-sakeena-ahmed-donald-trump-letter-float-jt-161111_4x3_992.jpg

I posted this in another thread but I think it's more appropriate here.

How things are going we might eventually have the Trump administration questioning if they should bomb the moon with multiple nukes because the moon equals Islam or something stupid like that

The gish gallop is happening again. Before the conversation is even beginning about Bannon there is Gaffney now as well. There's a chance it all gets lost in the shuffle because people have short memories.

Holy shit, what did Christie do to piss off Trump so much that everyone he brought in or was close to would be thrown away like this? It would be alright if we got decent people but nope its all nutjobs.

100% guarantee it is Pence and Bannon's doing. These guys are evangelical white supremacists and Trump is beholden to them.

How do we really know he's anti-muslim? He's probably just saying what people want to hear to get votes. If we demonize him it'll only push him further right! Empathise

How do we really know he's anti-muslim? He's probably just saying what people want to hear to get votes. If we demonize him it'll only push him further right! Empathise

the fact that he tried to appease those said people means he doesn't give a damn

therefore if he is or isn't, he fed fuel to the fire and is either a maniac or a hypocrite
regardless it is not something you should praise or not criticize when you are working for a position in goverment

ZiZ

I don't get islamophobic conspiracy theories. These people often consider muslims to be barbaric savages, and at the same time extremely competent, intelligent and influential? Like some kind of caveman illuminati.

Tubobutts

I don't get islamophobic conspiracy theories. These people often consider muslims to be barbaric savages, and at the same time extremely competent, intelligent and influential? Like some kind of caveman illuminati.
Most conspiracy theories don't make sense if you think about them for more than a few seconds.

Most Americans don't travel outside America. So I'm sure there are a lot of igorant americans who think of Aladdin when they think of muslim society. Anecdotal evidence but in my college class, people were surprised at how Riyadh looked.

Ms.Galaxy

It's a common theme with a lot of far right rhetoric, x are savages, stupid, and incompetent and they're intelligent, sneaky, and extremely powerful behind the scenes.

This has been done to the jewish people, LGBT, blacks, Hillary Clinton, and so on. The trick is to tell people that they are superior than x, that they are far better than x, but they should be afraid of x because they control more than them. When they say this shit, it's easy to tell what they really think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom