• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CRYMACHINA - Demo Trailer | Available Now on PS4, PS5 and Switch! | Full Game Coming October 24, 2023

Play the Demo Today on PS4, PS5 and Switch!

In the world of CRYMACHINA, your new robotic body grants you more than just a second chance at life. Customize your weapons loadout to decimate your foes, awaken new abilities in the middle of combat, and gather Personality Data to upgrade your hardware further. Give your new metallic form a try and see what possibilities await you!

CRYMACHINA comes October 24, 2023 to Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, and PC!

ABOUT THIS GAME​

CRYMACHINA is an action RPG where mechanical girls strive to survive in a post-apocalyptic world to become “Real Humans.” But what does it mean to be a “Real Human”?
Join the three playable main characters as they fight in fast-paced action RPG combat featuring a myriad of tactics to customize your weapons and challenge your foes.
This heartwarming story of love, told by synthetic beings, will pull at the strings of your biological heart.
1.gif

See for yourself whether happy catharsis awaits these mechanical girls as they cry, struggle, and overcome their fate.

IntroducePrologue();​

In modern times, a strange disease runs rampant. A young girl named Lebel Distel who teeters on the brink of death hears a mysterious voice–”You have been chosen.” Though taken by darkness, Leben awakens to find herself in a dark, post-apocalyptic world and is greeted by an android named Enoa.

2.gif

Leben finds herself in Eden, a structure where machines continue to operate with the goal of creating “Real Humans” to restore humanity. Guided by Enoa, Leben becomes entangled in the battle to become a “Real Human.”
3.gif

IntroduceMainCharacter();​

ComboEnoa-500x250_Final.png

"Humans get a gold star." Enoa (voiced by Hikaru Tono)

ComboLeben-500x250_Final.png

"Humans are stupid." Leben Distel (voiced by Risa Tsumugi)

ComboMikoto-500x250_Final.png

“Humans should live in a cool way.” Mikoto Sengiku (voiced by Ruriko Aoki)

ComboAmi-500x250_Final.png

"Family makes us human." Ami Shido (voiced by Minami Takahashi)

IntroduceGameplay();​

Venture between the battlegrounds of Eden and the safe haven of the Imitation Garden. Within Eden, face exhilarating and cathartic battles against mechanical enemies and discover the unknowns of the dark world.
Crymachina_No3-500x281.png

Then return to your base, the Imitation Garden, to relax, customize your weapons, and enjoy lighthearted and heartwarming conversations between the girls.
Crymachina_No5-500x281.png

IAskYou ();​

4.gif

Be sure to wishlist today and await updates with a warm heart!

Last edited:
I had to look up the developer to make sure it wasn't who I thought it was. So others are aware, here's what they developed recently:

-Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment
-Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
-The Caligula Effect: Overdose
-Record of Grancrest War
-Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris

I had to look up the developer to make sure it wasn't who I thought it was. So others are aware, here's what they developed recently:

-Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment
-Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
-The Caligula Effect: Overdose
-Record of Grancrest War
-Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris
Some of the devs that worked on Crystar including the writer, composer, and director are doing this one; apart from that the team consists of a bunch of fresh out of college devs doing their first game IIRC. At least that's what I remember from a discussion I had with a friend of mine a few months back on our shared Discord server. In any case, I'll probably give this demo a shot tomorrow once I have a bit more free time.

Played the PS5 demo this morning, haven't finished it but it was enough to get a rough idea of what the experience is like. So here are my quick thoughts on it:
  • Graphics are fine, but it's clear that it was made with the Switch in mind (this doesn't bother me at all but maybe some will have issues with it since it's a full price game)
  • It runs very well at a locked 60fps and the image quality is very good with almost no alias
  • Played around one hour and a bit with, with most of the gameplay being VN style storytelling and interactions with the 3 characters you meet in the demo
  • All characters in the sectioned demo (the MC you play as and the 3 other characters she meets) are likable and have good chemistry with each other
  • The few parts of actual gameplay is standard character action with nothing out of ordinary (standard dungeon crawling with little exploration off the beaten path)
  • The area I've played after completing the tutorial was short, with maybe several fodder enemies and then a boss
  • From what I'm gathered you have up to 3 characters to play as, and each character is available to play depending on the mission you're attempting (I'm not exactly sure here)?
That about it. I'll probably not get it day one but I've added it to my wishlist and will snag it once it gets on sale sometime next year.

Top Bottom