• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Great investment and timing!

Investing that much now after the past few months of craziness is a different story.

Also, if you had invested in ETH instead of BTC you would be around $68k. :)

That's the thing tho. In order to double your money, BTC has to go to $12000. BAT has to go to 36 cents. It may be more likely that BTC goes to 12k at some point but you get what I'm saying. I've made some money on BTC for sure - it keeps going up so everyone has. But I've made far more on alts.

Brohan

*holds tight* . Even tho the Weekend GAF threads are gone, Weekend Crypto is far more entertaining! :)

The crypto thread is my most used thread i think. :)

I should go hang out in the divinity original sin 2 thread though because i would really like to play that game with a group of 4.

On topic again: my investment is Almost +50% again. :D

Could have been like +200% by now if not more but I'm not complaining.

Crypto is starting to get more news coverage here in the Netherlands with an article stating that the Dutch have now invested about 135 million euro's into crypto and that households holding crypto have doubled within a year to about 135 thousand households.

And ofcourse they are already talking about it being a bubble. But there are about 7.8 million households in the Netherlands so less than 2% of households own crypto with Almost half of the dutch having invested €100 or less with only 15% of the people having actually invested more than 1k.

Here i am wondering how that prompts the idea of a bubble.

Dilly

Banned
The crypto thread is my most used thread i think. :)

I should go hang out in the divinity original sin 2 thread though because i would really like to play that game with a group of 4.

On topic again: my investment is Almost +50% again. :D

Could have been like +200% by now if not more but I'm not complaining.

Crypto is starting to get more news coverage here in the Netherlands with an article stating that the Dutch have now invested about 135 million euro's into crypto and that households holding crypto have doubled within a year to about 135 thousand households.

And ofcourse they are already talking about it being a bubble. But there are about 7.8 million households in the Netherlands so less than 2% of households own crypto with Almost half of the dutch having invested €100 or less with only 15% of the people having actually invested more than 1k.

Here i am wondering how that prompts the idea of a bubble.

Most of it is probably from that dude who sold his house for bitcoin investments, lol.

Massive sell wall for ARK, I guess the whales want to make a quick profit this weekend. Otherwise can't recall any news that dropped yesterday or today's morning to justify the sudden price hike

Drifters

e4389936b099672128c54d25c4560695.gif

Cipherr

Sold all that ARK at $3.13. I missed the top but if we retract back down to the usual areas of 2.85 or if Im lucky 2.75 or below I'll be able to rebuy and add to my total considerably.

Sold all that ARK at $3.13. I missed the top but if we retract back down to the usual areas of 2.85 or if Im lucky 2.75 or below I'll be able to rebuy and add to my total considerably.

Same, sold my share at $3.11/3.12, waiting to do the same when prices fall.

Thinking of just buying and holding onto BTC for the inevitable run up right before the fork takes place.

Brohan

Thinking of just buying and holding onto BTC for the inevitable run up right before the fork takes place.

Wish you both good Luck. Doesn't look like it's stopping for now though. :X

Drifters

For the first time ever all of my investments in Blockfolio are showing green positive gains.... oh man does it feel good.

Cipherr

Its down to $2.81. Im starting to try and figure out how greedy I want to be on it. I sold 290 of them earlier at $3.13. Rebuying now would be nice but I really want $2.75.... Don't want to be too greedy though.

Its down to $2.81. Im starting to try and figure out how greedy I want to be on it. I sold 290 of them earlier at $3.13. Rebuying now would be nice but I really want $2.75.... Don't want to be too greedy though.

Same, put an alert on Blockfolio as soon as it hits the price point that I'd be comfortable to get back in. Right now BTC is making up for my losses in NEO, really think we will see $6.5k by the time the fork rolls around

oon

Banned
Good thing I never sold that Metaverse (ETP) I mentioned a couple pages back - I'm up 124% from buying it just a week ago! Very solid project with a still-undervalued market cap. Again, I recommend doing your own research, but I think (and hope!) it's a solid one.

The cool thing about it is that their team builds decentralized applications for clients who might lack the technical knowhow, which might expand their platform pretty quickly. They also have a focus on digital identities, which might make it more palatable for the Chinese government. Metaverse's CEO was a co-founder of NEO, which has a market cap of 1.3 billion, whereas Metaverse's market cap is only 81 million, although it has very similar aims.

OMG not looking good. It has been steadily falling for a while now. I may just pull my buy order at $7.50. Could get a lot worse.

I'm feelin' that too, my OMG's hurting, really blows. I'm not going to sell though - they're set to release their SDK Q4 2017, who knows what news is around the corner to push its value back up...?

Drifters

As soon as you buy it will drop to $2.34, Murphy's law.

x3sphere

OMG not looking good. It has been steadily falling for a while now. I may just pull my buy order at $7.50. Could get a lot worse.

I just bought some. Perhaps it will fall further, but also looks like it could rebound at any moment. The first time I heard of it, it was at 6-7 anyway but I held off and then it pumped to over 10. So feel fine getting in at this price.

Cipherr

As soon as you buy it will drop to $2.34, Murphy's law.

I gave up on it for tonight. Grabbed 800 Steem instead at .99 cents per. Hope to see it bounce by mid next week to 1.10 or so. Time for bed now.

Xtrabytes finally released their whitepaper (non technical). It's on the top at www.xtrabytes.global

Damn finally. This project has been moving so slow. I know its because they didn't have an ICO or anything IIRC but damn. Been waiting forever for them to move.

Its killing me. I have been dollar cost averaging it to hell. But in order to get a decent profit I still have to sell it around $9.20, and to break even I have to sell it around $8.02 or so. I've decided to just hold it. But damn, when the forks are over Im going to pray OMG gets a lot of love again. NAVCoin too, those two are dragging me down.

The Rizza

That BNB coin burn is pretty large. Hopefully it will drive up the price a bit, still not back at what I bought in though (similar to a few of us here I think too lol)

syllogism

Polkadot appears to have raised 400,000 ETH within an hour of the sale starting, likely mostly based on Gavin Wood's involvement. There doesn't appear to be a hard cap and Polkadot tokens aren't even going to be distributed until Q3 2019. I'm sure no one who invests in that is going to lose money, but still a long time to have ETH tied to an ICO nowadays.

Brandson

Polkadot appears to have raised 400,000 ETH within an hour of the sale starting, likely mostly based on Gavin Wood's involvement. There doesn't appear to be a hard cap and Polkadot tokens aren't even going to be distributed until Q3 2019. I'm sure no one who invests in that is going to lose money, but still a long time to have ETH tied to an ICO nowadays.

FYI, I think that puts the current price of 1 DOT in the $20-25 range based on their ico rules. That value stands to increase before the ico is done.

His shirt.... the snowboard.... his attitude.... all of it.

At this point, most of us HODL know that this will bounce after the $BTC fork... the weak knees of those bailed at 3000 sats which I get, but there is no other tech like this on the horizon which still makes it an incredibly cheap buy.

I can't wait for this to go back up to where I bought it at to break even. I've about had enough with being patient with BAT. Granted the hard fork messed up the launch of Mercury from this going up any higher.

Anyone here vested in Ripple (XRP)? Apparently there's a big announcement to be made in a conference that's being held over the next 3 days, starting tomorrow.

Drifters

I am, well see lol. Maybe Amex partnership + who knows which other banks. Hoping for some huge news

Anyone here vested in Ripple (XRP)? Apparently there's a big announcement to be made in a conference that's being held over the next 3 days, starting tomorrow.

Honestly there are too many rumors at this point to call any of them credible. If you are missing Ripple in your Portfolio, I would buy some.

Cipherr

Sold my Steem at 1.08 and made about $41 but I don't have any coins to swing over into now. Every coin I track and like isn't down enough to put money into now so I guess Ill sell this into tether and wait and see what the start of the week brings. Weekends are frustrating; usually there would be at least one coin I trust that would be on an obvious dip for me to jump over into and ride the recovery for a few %'s of profit.

Drifters

Sold my Steem at 1.08 and made about $41 but I don't have any coins to swing over into now. Every coin I track and like isn't down enough to put money into now so I guess Ill sell this into tether and wait and see what the start of the week brings. Weekends are frustrating; usually there would be at least one coin I trust that would be on an obvious dip for me to jump over into and ride the recovery for a few %'s of profit.
Really, the only thing to do is to hold BTC for the time being or wait for an ARK or XRP dip for actual gains. Every alt right now is a hurting unit until that damn fork!

Top Bottom