• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 - CryEngine3 Tech Trailer

stuart

Banned
Tech demos like this are refined to the nth degree, so I'll remain cynical. Also probably running on a beast of a computer.

I'll be more interested if they showed an actual game on the Wii U with a decent art style powered by their engine, rather than uber-realistic PC shooters.

Herb

Banned
wind1upii.gif

Nice camera work in this shot. Someone show it to Kojima. He's gonna love making his next movie in it. :p

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I want more, I want better. Keep pushing Crytek, never stop.
Well, the next step is touted to be that of point clouds instead of polygons, right? And I know, Euclideon's examples shouldn't be referenced for that, but quality wise I cannot see why anyone wouldn't want to pursuit such (as long as animation techniques are up to standard). Of course, development costs have to be carefully calculated. Otherwise, I'd assume it would be something beyond n-polytopes whereas n represents 2 (polygons) anyway.

As for this tech demo, I like the tessellation on the frog but, as hey_it's_that_dog wrote, it seems unnecessary on vegetation, at least on smaller plants. It would be nice to have updated Unreal Engine 4 demonstrations to counter this. The Unreal Engine 4 Elemental demo was at Siggraph, but I haven't seen anything new about it.

-SD-

Banned
wayne2z4l6x.gif

Incredible stuff. First time in a LONG while I've been this impressed by Cry Teknology. Since Crysis, actually.

The helicopter scene was reminiscent to the one in Avatar with the foliage reacting to wind etc..

I just hope everything in that trailer ends up in the final game.

Tech demos like this are refined to the nth degree, so I'll remain cynical. Also probably running on a beast of a computer.

I'll be more interested if they showed an actual game on the Wii U with a decent art style powered by their engine, rather than uber-realistic PC shooters.

Others can make that game, that's why they showcase their engine.

stuart

Banned
.......and there is people saying this generation can stand another 3 years.

But some of the best games are often made at the end of a generation, not the beginning...

For example: Panzer Dragoon Saga, Skyward Sword, Xenoblade Chronicles, Twilight Princess and so on

Khal_B

CryEngine is best engine. Hopefully more people use Crytek's offering come next gen rather than the Unreal Engine overload that we got this generation.

shandy706

OMG I love it. I always wanted more lush environments. That frog is awesome. I can't wait for creative games that have a lot of nature. :)

Were you quoting a Kylie Minogue song intentionally. :p

Not sure if serious........

Pretty sure we all know that's a JP quote....and that a JP game running on that engine would be gorgeous/freaky/scary.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Rösti;40846765 said:
Well, the next step is touted to be that of point clouds instead of polygons, right? And I know, Euclideon's examples shouldn't be referenced for that, but quality wise I cannot see why anyone wouldn't want to pursuit such (as long as animation techniques are up to standard). Of course, development costs have to be carefully calculated. Otherwise, I'd assume it would be something beyond n-polytopes whereas n represents 2 (polygons) anyway.

As for this tech demo, I like the tessellation on the frog but, as hey_it's_that_dog wrote, it seems unnecessary on vegetation, at least on smaller plants. It would be nice to have updated Unreal Engine 4 demonstrations to counter this. The Unreal Engine 4 Elemental demo was at Siggraph, but I haven't seen anything new about it.
Mmm unlimited point clouds would be pretty awesome. You think it'll be come a possibility any time soon?

Im curious, is there much of a level beyond the whole bottom of the dam/top of the dam (im assuming you can reach the top of the damn without a load screen ?). Because it does look pretty damn big, but i would be impressed if there is more of a level beyond the dam that doesnt require a load screen.

Eideka

Banned
the console versions will look great but the framerate...oh boy. crysis 2 was already a mess, this will not run better.
They are not unaware of the framerate problems the console versions suffer from, as a result one can expect Crysis 3 on consoles to run better than C2.

Well, my brother is planning on buying the 360 version anyway. I guess I will see.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yup Crytek blowing my mind once again.

fucking AMAZING, damn!!!

I was amazed how well Crysis 2 ran on my machine, probably one of the most optimized games ever. Really looking forward to Crysis 3!

eXistor

Sure looks good, but if the game is boring as shit (like Crysis 2 was, my God) who the fuck cares? I'm not saying graphics aren't important, but if the game design's not there it doesn't matter how good it looks and I have little to no faith in Crytek. Still, someone has to push the graphical envelope if nothing else.

S1kkZ

They are not unaware of the framerate problems the console versions suffer from, as a result one can expect Crysis 3 on consoles to run better than C2.

Well, my brother is planning on buying the 360 version anyway. I guess I will see.

but there is only so much you can do. i guess they can optimize some stuff, but they will never reach solid 30 fps, not without scaling back the visuals.

what i will never understand: the closed x360 mp beta ran with solid 30 fps and looked fantastic. the open beta a few months later looked worse and ran with 25 fps. what the hell crytek?

Peterthumpa

Even probably running on a supercomputer cooled by water frogs, I saw plenty of scenes with low framerates, specially the particles one.

Looks amazing anyway.

Metal-Geo

And just like that... I wanted Crysis 3 more than ever.

Mainly to see if the game really does include top secret tessellated toads.

It'd better!

Top Bottom