• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

-SD-

Banned
Crytek - The Art and Technology Behind Crysis 3

fmx 2013 slides: http://www.crytek.com/download/fmx2013_c3_art_tech_donzallaz_sousa.pdf

iYjl9p3bh2GIr.png

I prefer the "SSDO off" look since SSDO is way too strong in the "on" pic. I know, it's shadowed, but... still.

FYC

Banned
How's the multiplayer doing on 360? That Hunter mode(with humans vs invisible Nanosuit dudes) seemed like amazing fun to me, sort of like The Hidden mod for HL2.

I like the first Crysis quite a bit but I haven't played the others. My brother has a copy of this so I might give it a shot, maybe go back and get Crysis 2 and Warhead down the road.

KKRT00

Crytek - The Art and Technology Behind Crysis 3

fmx 2013 slides: http://www.crytek.com/download/fmx2013_c3_art_tech_donzallaz_sousa.pdf

iYjl9p3bh2GIr.png

I prefer the "SSDO off" look since SSDO is way too strong in the "on" pic. I know, it's shadowed, but... still.

Its still excellent example of SSDO, because in most AO techniques the shadow would be behind grass, but here it is on left side of the grass, so correct with way the sun lit environment. [from the right]

--
What blow my mind in this presentation is this:
Technologies
Procedural HDR skybox
Rotating HDR clouds hemispheres
Cloud shadows
Dynamism
No more old school static painted skyboxes
Moving clouds
Moving cloud shadows

What a pity that there is not video of this tech. Ingame it seems that animation is looped in very limited range and doesnt use its full capabilities.

Crysis 3 Patch 1.4 is an all-platform patch, although not all platforms will update at the same time. Below you can find the full patch notes.

Multiplatform

XP Bonus module now applies to kill assists
Issues with Rip & Throw items getting out of sync between client and server fixed
All after match awards count towards getting dog tags, not just the three displayed on the progression screen
Support bonuses on Brooklyn Bridge changed
Support bonuses on Hell's Kitchen changed
Retriever rank 3 now displays the correct Max Suit timer on the HUD
Fix for tagging icon incorrectly displaying after player respawn
Trying to zoom to second stage during iron sight no longer melees and breaks you out of zoom
Fix for win/loss stats in Hunter game mode
Fix for Maximum Suit moving slower than intended when activated when in Armour mode
Explosive damage to targets now provides assist points when they are killed
Brought "Survival Instinct" skill assessment in line with the UI text
Fix for Surveillance failing to prevent the user being tagged when at rank 3
Fix for reduced recoil when tapping fire
Fix for team switching in Assault resulting in having the wrong loadout for the side you are on
Fix for Expanded Arsenal module giving 3 additional JAW rockets instead of 1
Reduced caching of player profiles in the lobby so player stats are more up to date
Ripped off HMGs now have consistent accuracy when ADS
Fixes for some Max Suit issues when triggered just as the player is dying

PC Only

Iron sight sensitivity override fix
Added ability to disable HMGs and auto unlock attachments on unranked servers
Transition from ranked prematch to unranked ingame now respawns players correctly
Fixed issues with Ping attack not rebinding when Melee is rebound

Crysis 3 Patch 1.4 Status:

PC: NOW LIVE! ("Check for Updates" in Origin)
X360: NOW LIVE!
PS3: TBA

velociraptor

I'm playing the Crysis 3 SP and while it isn't as good as C2, I think it's amazing. The music is spectacular, and I really do like some of the open ended nature of some levels. I feel like the Predator.

I'm still crossing my fingers for a next gen console port of this game. Would be amazing to finally see the game the way it's supposed to be seen.

I bought it on the 360 at launch and the framerate was so rough. :/

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I finally picked this game up and goddamn, people who called it a turd weren't kidding. This series has fallen so far from Crysis 1 and Warhead. I don't think there was a single level in the whole game that I particularly enjoyed. It just ranged from bland to completely awful.

KKRT00

I finally picked this game up and goddamn, people who called it a turd weren't kidding. This series has fallen so far from Crysis 1 and Warhead. I don't think there was a single level in the whole game that I particularly enjoyed. It just ranged from bland to completely awful.

You didnt like second and third? I think Dam level is amazing.

KKRT00

Those were the two best levels, but they still fell well into the bland territory for me. I hated how literally every enemy encounter followed the same format

I liked last level too, although Prophet was too overpowered for my taste.
But i agree that enemy encounters were bland/uninspired, if they would mix more enemies in one zone it would be better, like if in at ground of Dam there was helictopter or two and several more snipers, it would be much more fun.
If alien encounter had few different enemy types at once + those stealth cephs from C2 ending, encounter would also be much better.

Game could be so much better with just enemy placements changes.

KKRT00

That's lame as shit, especially since DX11 is backwards compatible as long as they keep the API in it

Its game made from ground up for DX11, thats why for example Parallax Occlusion Mapping is even on lowest settings enabled.

BF4 and all Frostbite 3 will be DX11 only too, as other next-gen games. Its much faster API and essential for some features.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Anyone know if there is a way to set-up a match on multiplayer on PC where you are the only one in it? I would like to just walk around the maps and get a feel for them before playing online.

KKRT00

New CryEngine 3 presentation:

CryENGINE 3 Graphic Gems by Tiago Sousa from Siggraph 2013
http://www.crytek.com/download/Sousa_Graphics_Gems_CryENGINE3.pdf

This lecture covers rendering topics related to Crytek’s latest engine iteration, the technology which powers titles such as Ryse, Warface, and Crysis 3. Among covered topics, Sousa presented SMAA 1TX: an update featuring a robust and simple temporal antialising component; performant and physically-plausible camera related post-processing techniques such as motion blur and depth of field were also covered.

Finally finished the game, Last two levels were spectacular in terms of scope.
Was kinda creeped out by seeing reaper prophet at the end though
. :lol

Crytek need to give the series a rest and try making something different for a change. Just not F2P games.

Crysis 3 had fallen into my list of "Games I Never Finished", along side Bioshock Infinite, Mass Effect 3, Dishonored, and so on.

Ended up having a snow-day from work yesterday so I finally sat down and burned through the last 3 levels. After finishing it, I now how a better opinion of it, mainly because of the horribly good? ending.
As heavy fisted and cheesy as it was, I loved the fact that Prophet fell from space and landed in the 'First Light' lagoon.
That Crysis 1 nostalgia contributed significantly to the game, IMO.

Also, I'd forgotten how amazon Crysis 3 looks. Too bad the end was mainly a slog through alien forces (expected). Fighting the human AI has always been immeasurably more fun in Crysis than engaging the Ceph.

But still..... Crysis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crysis 3 >>>>> Crysis 2

SpyGuy239

Crysis 3 had fallen into my list of "Games I Never Finished", along side Bioshock Infinite, Mass Effect 3, Dishonored, and so on.

Ended up having a snow-day from work yesterday so I finally sat down and burned through the last 3 levels. After finishing it, I now how a better opinion of it, mainly because of the horribly good? ending.
As heavy fisted and cheesy as it was, I loved the fact that Prophet fell from space and landed in the 'First Light' lagoon.
That Crysis 1 nostalgia contributed significantly to the game, IMO.

Also, I'd forgotten how amazon Crysis 3 looks. Too bad the end was mainly a slog through alien forces (expected). Fighting the human AI has always been immeasurably more fun in Crysis than engaging the Ceph.

But still..... Crysis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crysis 3 >>>>> Crysis 2

Blood money, you are ON THE MONEY.

I agree with everything you said word for word!

Toa TAK

Banned
This game should've been an expansion DLC. I just went through it on my first go on Supersolider (my ass). The level design, I think, is much better than Crysis 2. There's definitely a lot more freedom in the levels to approach objectives or take out enemies. The Crossbow is the best, I don't really need any other weapon, especially since it lets you stay cloaked. Plus, I missed fighting C.E.L.L. and going through the alien environments were just boring in that last level, along with the final boss. The game looks great, though, and the characters are fantastic as well. Too bad it was in service of a horrible story with ham fisted drama. The call backs to Crysis 1 were cool, minus Psycho. I don't remember him being as much of an asshole in the first game, but I digress. Score was cool, I didn't miss Zimmer, as the music fit the tone of the game perfectly.

There are worse things to spend $6 on, but I'm kinda bummed it wasn't anything bigger than Crysis 2 DLC with better graphics.

does ammo carry over between levels especially arrows? to answer my owen question, yes they do, if you have 0 arrows at the end of alevel, you start with zero on the next

Top Bottom