• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis |OT| Big Screens, Comfy Couches and 5.1 surround sound

banner.jpg

-------[INFO]-------

From the makers of Far Cry, Crysis offers FPS fans the best-looking, most highly-evolving
gameplay, requiring the player to use adaptive tactics and total customization of weapons
and armor to survive in dynamic, hostile environments including Zero-G.

Earth, 2019. A team of US scientists makes a frightening discovery on an island in the
South China Sea. All contact with the team is lost when the North Korean Government
quickly seals off the area. The United States responds by dispatching an elite team of Delta
Force Operators to recon the situation. As tension rises between the two nations, a
massive alien ship reveals itself in the middle of the island. The ship generates an
immense force sphere that freezes a vast portion of the island and drastically alters the
global weather system. Now the US and North Korea must join forces to battle the alien
menace. With hope rapidly fading, you must fight epic battles through tropical jungle,
frozen landscapes, and finally into the heart of the alien ship itself for the ultimate Zero G
showdown.

-----[FEATURES]------

A unique three-act structure forces the player to use real-time armor and weapons
customization to adapt constantly to an ever-changing world.

Encounter a frightening and totally original alien species—they use their senses
intelligently and work together to present the most challenging enemy yet in an FPS.

Control of a variety of land, sea, and air vehicles including trucks, tanks, boats, and
helicopters.

Explore a living, dynamic world where earthquakes, breaking ice, landslides, and
tornados pose an ever-present threat.

32-player multiplayer with real-time armor and weapons customization, plus an
all-new multiplayer mode that combines player modification and tactical objectives.

Emergent gameplay means that in-game actions affect future outcomes and give each
player a unique experience.

Highly robust and easy-to-use mod toolset allows players to create their own
expansive levels for both multiplayer and single-player modes.

The CryENGINE 2 engine delivers the most realistic environments, spectacular special
effects, physics game engine, lighting system, and enemy Al.

------[Platforms]-------

TurboGrafx 16.

-----[Release Date]----

November 14, 2017

screen.jpg

footer.jpg

00046.jpg

00035.jpg

-----[Useful Shit]------

The ultimate tweak guide for Crysis, looking to get better performance?

Look -----> HERE

Still on XP? Think Vista will murder your family and eat your pets? For the config tweaks to get some Very High settings love for XP

Look ------> HERE

Latest nVidia Beta drivers for Crysis:

Vista 32 169.09 driver (international)
Vista 64 169.09 driver (international)

XP 32
XP 64

--------Patch v1.1-------

crysis_logo_white_news_post.png

Crysis Patch 1.1 is out!

Greetings Community!

Finally it is out! The long awaited Patch 1.1 for Crysis is available for download! The 140MB sized file can be downloaded from one of the sources further below. The patch mainly addresses the performance of Crysis. Additionally it includes quite a few bug fixes and tweaks for the Multiplayer part to provide a more balanced gameplay.

Please find here the complete change log:

Fixes:

* Fixed: Potential crash in D3D10
* Fixed: Orange boxes apearing when hispec savegame loaded into lowspec game.
* Fixed: Inconsistent damage dealt to vehicles when shot by LAW.
* Fixed: Reflection resolution on D3D10, MultiGPU reflection update fix
* Fixed: Memory leak with FSAA modes
* Fixed: Infinite ammo hacks.
* Fixed: Memory leak in D3D10 when switching screen modes
* Fixed: Muti optimizations
* Fixed: When player melees during gun raise animation, their gun will be in a
permanently raised position.
* Fixed: Crash when loading savegame with level exported recently by editor
* Fixed: Virtual keyboard does not function properly when a game pad is connected
* Fixed: Users can lose the ability to look around with the Right Stick
* Fixed: Setting screen resolution to "default" stops user from selecting last resolution
* Fixed: Bug when changing resolution in D3D10
* Fixed: Issues with Depth of field and water droplets in D3D10
* Fixed: Crash on NaN warning

Updates:

* Added: Motion Blur UI and V.SYNC UI options
* Optimized: Motion blur
* Optimized: FSAA (Full Scene Anti-Aliasing)
* Optimized sound id implementation
* Enabled VSync functionality in D3D10
* New benchmarking files for ice CPU benchmark.
* http/xmlrpc password protected remote control session
* Marked debug cvars as cheat
* F12 (screenshot) now works in restricted mode as well

Tweaks:

* Reduced LAW splash damage vs. infantry in PowerStruggle mode
* Slowed Rocket projectile speed down in MP slightly
* Disabled automatic turret bounding boxes on vehicles to prevent issues with LAW hit
detection
* Reduced grenade explosion radius in multiplayer
* Clamped water tesselation to avoid cheating in MP
* MultiGPU improvements with depth map updates

Regards,

-Crysis Dev Team

inCrysis (direct link)

3DGamers

ActionTrip
Atomic Gamer
Crymod
Crysis-HQ
EA FTP (direct link)
FileFront
WorthDownloading

-------Community Updates---------

crysis_logo_white_forum_post.png

Crysis Weekly Update!

Greetings everyone!

This announcement is dedicated to all the world-wide community members. Before Christmas last year we already sent out a huge note that updated the community to the latest status on the Crysis patches, the SDK and the Linux Dedicated Server.

Crysis Weekly Update - What It Is

Today we would like to let you know that we want to make a step further and get you more involved in our development process and what is coming next for you. This is going to happen in our official "Crysis Weekly Update" that is scheduled to happen on every Wednesday at around 6:00PM CET.

Be prepared to get an exclusive inside look into the exciting Crysis related projects we are currently preparing for you and get the latest information on the development status on them.

Crysis Weekly Update - Content

In this weekly status update we are going to inform you about new features and bug fixes for the upcoming patch #2 and also talk a bit about the progress on other projects like SDK, Linux Dedicated server and more.

Crysis Weekly Update - Where

The update will get posted on Crytek's official modding portal www.crymod.com and also will get forwarded to all the world-wide fan and community sites for Crysis. So get ready and be sure to check out your favourite Crysis related web site next week on Wednesday to not miss out the first Crysis Weekly Update for our community!

-Crysis Dev Team

Stay tuned as we will have more exciting news prepared for you! For more information, visit www.nanosuit.com.

ea_crytek_logos_forum_post.png

So pumped. Having trouble deciding what to spend my money on though. Hate to say it but I think UT3 is gonna have to wait for a bit.

:lol At the box, too.

probune

Since this is a Crysis thread, I feel obligated to point out that my PC is too feeble to run it.

Come on guys, it's usually in the first 5 replies.

$10,000 PC!?:lol

That won't be enough, you'll need Quad SLI/XFire + 40GB of RAM to play this on 800x600, not to mention a 5kWatt Power supply to make those parts move!
6tpp20j.gif

Bildi

MickeyKnox said:
Chicken Hunting is no fucking joke dude. Those fuckers are mean.
Woah. Your first screen was funny, but in this shot the chicken looks pretty fucking serious. It's almost as if there's two different chickens.

Reviews have their own threads, I'd like to keep all the people who have no intention to play the game but want to chime in on review scores anyway out of this one.

quetz67

Banned
Doc Evils said:
Just pre-ordered this. My system should run this fine, since it's past the recommended specs.
*lol*

thats does mean nothing, dont expect full visual quality at acceptable framerates

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I've been playing on Geforce 7900 and it's been running fine on medium with some settings on high.

I will go out tomorrow and get a 8800GT. For $269 it's worth it considering the amount of good PC games at the moment.

bee

woohoo, phoned up local indie store 30mins ago they got it in and are selling it now, instantly cancelled my pre order and am installing now :D

madmook

bee said:
woohoo, phoned up local indie store 30mins ago they got it in and are selling it now, instantly cancelled my pre order and am installing now :D
Please give your specs and a rundown of performance in the retail build compared to the demo.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Man, I really do want to play this.

I wonder what the ETA on nVidia's next generation of cards is at this point? I'd rather not buy into a new PC until one exists that can handle Crysis without really struggling at all. Fortunately there are tons of great games out right now so the experience will be sweeter down the road.

My current PC handles it fine at medium (with some settings on high), but it just doesn't look good enough after seeing it on a high-end PC. I must resist until that point. :p

Zabojnik

Btw, when are the new nVidia cards coming out? I'm getting rid of my 8800GTX in the next few days and I'm interested in knowing when the next big thing is coming.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Zabojnik said:
Btw, when are the new nVidia cards coming out? I'm getting rid of my 8800GTX in the next few days and I'm interested in knowing when the next big thing is coming.
You're getting rid of it? For how much?

bee

ok played it for about 2 hours, playing it on delta so ive not gotten too far yet.

performance for me is now way up, just updated to todays freshly released crysis drivers 169.09 ( was running 163.71 for the demo ) and running

c2d e6600 @ 3.6ghz
2gb
8800gts 640mb @ 648/1550/2050 ( clocked it a bit more for crysis )

going off a spot in the demo where i was getting 32fps with all settings on high, im now getting 44fps so very nice improvement and it generally seems a lot smoother, i checked task manager on the other screen and cpu usage now hovers between 60-80% for both cores all the time.

onto the game itself, well i love it and if it continues like this it will be my game of the year, ive actually died a few times on purpose so i could replay a section and try a different method of approach, the ai is still a bit weird and seems to have 2 modes awesome or shit :D it'll either start flanking, fall back and take over or it'll just stand there and sometimes even turn its back on you.

graphically theres not much to say that hasn't been said a thousand times before, i swear the graphics will add about 2 hours of playtime for me as i just walk around gawking at the beautiful scenery.

Mamesj

Banned
Zabojnik said:

I'm wondering about this too. Last I heard, new GTS comes out on 12/03, but I haven't heard anything since.

Rur0ni

High settings is very playable. Very High murders my machine. (10fps-15fps)

Vista x64
C2D @ 3.6Ghz
4GB DDR800 (4-4-4-15-2T)
8800GTX @ Stock

In the tweakin' link there is an upcoming Ultra High config pack or whatnot. Wonder how great it'll look with AA/AF and running 60fps+ smooth.

negitoro7

My 1-month old, $900 machine doesn't have chance in heck of playing this game right?

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33
2gb ram
evga 8600 GT
Windows XP 32

Tried the demo. It runs at 20fps on my brand new quad core with 8800 GTS 640 on high settings. The game is a major disappointment to me. In the demo, it's exactly like Far Cry, just better looking and you can destroy more environment. The control doesn't feel all that great especially in the water, and the suit stuff doesn't do that much good.

Sorry, no buy.

No_Style

negitoro7 said:
My 1-month old, $900 machine doesn't have chance in heck of playing this game right?

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33
2gb ram
evga 8600 GT
Windows XP 32

It can, but don't expect it to look like the screenshots. A lot of hardware can run the game, you just have to make sacrifices. Some people have to make more than others.

Top Bottom