• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered coming to PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

Gargus

Banned
i never really played the original that much, i'm probabyl gonna give it a try when it's gonna cost 10 dollars.

I'll grab it when it's 10 also.

I played it back when it originally came out and it was a solid game but nothing that special really. It gained a lot of popularity as a "game that will punish even the most powerful computers" but in reality it was just really poorly optimized as a couple of unofficial patches made the game run great. It was a pretty game for its time but overall it wasn't anything really special. The sequel was garbage.

There is a reason why crysis never became a big franchise. And why barely anyone used the crysis engine in their games.

I actually preferred the seamless power transition on consoles way more than PC's static switch, the console version had more in common gameplay-wise with the original trailer of the game, which is what made me get the game in the first place:

I admit it's been quite some time since I played Crysis, but from what I remember you could pull off that finesse in the PC version with relative ease. I imagine one of the reasons they simplified it is because it might be harder to pull off such feats with a controller, as well as having to compensate for the lower framerate of the consoles.

Also, didn't the streamlined powers originate in Crysis 2? I vaguely remember that, but I can't say for sure.. probably because I purged the awful sequels from my mind. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Can't shake the feeling that somehow, there will be visual compromises vs the original version.... even though that doesn't really make logical sense.

Anyway, that's cool. Crysis was a fun game. I don't think it's as good as the original Far Cry, or Crysis Warhead, but it's still fun. The biggest issue is that they give you almost no opportunity to use your suit powers, because your energy runs out almost immediately. And you walk too damn slow for a supposed super-soldier.

But it's pretty.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
So these where really screenshots of the remaster that was featured in the Cryengine trailer months ago, ( Crysis 1 was looking soo good that the remaster looks next gen :messenger_tears_of_joy: )
lars-hofrichter-morning-first-1080.jpg

lars-hofrichter-morning-opening-1080.jpg

lars-hofrichter-overcast1.jpg

lars-hofrichter-overcast2.jpg

lars-hofrichter-overcast-tree.jpg

lars-hofrichter-river-overcast.jpg

Fbh

Nice, might give it a try. Played it years ago at a friend's house (the only person I knew that had a PC that could run it). But I'd give it another go.

Why not save it for PS5/XBSX to display it with all bells and whistles?

I imagine because there aren't 150+ million PS5/XBSX out there

Have never played the original, did experience it on a buddy's PC back in 2008, looked great but just couldn't experience it properly. Years later the game was remastered on PS3 but looked shoddy and ran bad. How much would this remaster improve? Any thoughts? Asking for the PS4 version

Banned
if they really wanna push hardware to the limit they will add a 1080p30fps mode on One X with raytracing enabled. because the One X should have no issue running their Cryengine RT tech at 1080p30. that Neon Noir demo runs at ~1080p60 on a GTX1070 after all

MadAnon

So these where really screenshots of the remaster that was featured in the Cryengine trailer months ago, ( Crysis 1 was looking soo good that the remaster looks next gen :messenger_tears_of_joy: )
lars-hofrichter-morning-first-1080.jpg

lars-hofrichter-morning-opening-1080.jpg

lars-hofrichter-overcast1.jpg

lars-hofrichter-overcast2.jpg

lars-hofrichter-overcast-tree.jpg

lars-hofrichter-river-overcast.jpg
Those are completely different assets. They are not remaking the game.

Shakka43

I finally bought the game like three weeks ago, I'll wait for this new release but if the remaster isn't anything substantial like the Activision ones then I'd just play the original.

Quite suspect the remaster won't be much to write home over, but at least it will exist for those who have the time to bother.

I may go back and platinum it, I never got around to adding the original to my trophy pile on PS3 because it never went on sale and lolPS3 post-2013.

Mobilemofo

To be honest, this hardware never fails to impress me. The Switch library is filled with "Impossible ports", The Witcher 3 being the most impressive one. A decent Crysis port, handled by the right team, is not completely out of the ordinary.

Just prepare for visual cutbacks.

Top Bottom