• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered Leaked Trailer vs Crysis Original - Graphics Evolution Comparison

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Not good. Clunk and bad story. Crysis 2 was much better

SophisticatedBareCopperhead-max-1mb.gif

You can't be serious, Crysis 2 is the WORST of the series

I thought C3 was decent. Sounds like I'd give C1 a pass but C2 I might be down.

Don't buy Crysis 2, try the first one

TheAssist

I wonder if they significantly rewrote the code to support multicore CPU's since the original was pretty much optimized for single cores and current gen consoles have a laughable CPU.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
The difference is a lot bigger than I was expecting but also less clear cut. There are definitely areas where the remaster looks a lot better, particularly the normal outdoor jungle areas that make up much of the game, but it seems like a lot of the more bespoke setpieces and cut scenes end up missing little things and there are shots where it looks so much worse. Messy.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
SophisticatedBareCopperhead-max-1mb.gif

You can't be serious, Crysis 2 is the WORST of the series

Don't buy Crysis 2, try the first one
I like all three but 2nd one flows the best.
1st one is a design mess of fake open levels, bad AI and clunky combat.
2>1>3

Last edited:

Zathalus

Haha, you made my day.
There is no reason the base PS4 cannot achieve a locked 1080/30FPS with the advancements in multithreading newer Cryengine versions have made. Especially with newer rendering techniques, less performance killing AA, better API then DX9/10, and much better texture quality.

Moonjt9

Crysis 1 is severely under appreciated as a game. Yes it was a technical marvel but it was so ahead of its time with the design of its world and gameplay(in the first half).

metal gear solid v does not exist without Crysis.

I was excited for the remaster but am I crazy that I think the original just looks better even today?

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Crysis 1 is severely under appreciated as a game. Yes it was a technical marvel but it was so ahead of its time with the design of its world and gameplay(in the first half).

metal gear solid v does not exist without Crysis.

I was excited for the remaster but am I crazy that I think the original just looks better even today?
Even when it came out, I though it was a crappy game. Warhead, the standalone expansion was actually better than the main game

faisalasif

Crysis Remaster’s new features, including better lighting effects, ray tracing, and more detail in the textures with up to 8K resolution . coming on PS4 , PC & xbox

Crysis Original Vs Crysis Remastered (PC Version) Graphic Comparison

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Crysis Remaster’s new features, including better lighting effects, ray tracing, and more detail in the textures with up to 8K resolution . coming on PS4 , PC & xbox

Crysis Original Vs Crysis Remastered (PC Version) Graphic Comparison

Now we're talking !

giphy.gif

Edit: better quality here

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
They should only touch up draw distance, textures resolution and make it multithreaded so it runs like it should. That's alll

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This game was never mediocre. Crysis on delta > your favorite video game
Timeshift came out the same month as Crysis and I always thought it was much better than crysis... now sabre interactive is remaking crysis.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Timeshift came out the same month as Crysis and I always thought it was much better than crysis... now sabre interactive is remaking crysis.
I thought timeshift is pretty shit, not the mention it looks horrible. Best Timeshift game was...holy shit what was the name....Singularity.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I thought timeshift is pretty shit, not the mention it looks horrible. Best Timeshift game was...holy shit what was the name....Singularity.
what?! Timeshift looks fantastic. It's a hidden gem both graphically and gameplay wise. Maybe character faces suck but everything else looked great

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
what?! Timeshift looks fantastic. It's a hidden gem both graphically and gameplay wise. Maybe character faces suck but everything else looked great
I never got that impression honestly, it felt bad on launch for me.

Top Bottom