• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curleh Mustache Tournament Series Vol.5 | UMvC3 Invitational | November 24

sephi22

Wow Chris G is super salty on Twitter. This is the most I've ever seen someone use the term 'butthurt'.

He's my favorite MvC player but my respect for him just went down a couple notches. Dude comes off as a kid throwing twitter tantrums

Wow Chris G is super salty on Twitter. This is the most I've ever seen someone use the term 'butthurt'.

He's my favorite MvC player but my respect for him just went down a couple notches. Dude comes off as a kid throwing twitter tantrums

Which makes no sense to me. DUDE YOU WON! What the hell do you have to be salty about? Who cares what anyone says YOU FUCKING WON!

Or MODOK, Dorm, Strider, Viper.

Here is what sanford says. lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYjJCYndA7Q

If DOOM is the problem then any team with H. missles should be dominating..?
You mean like how F. Champ won Evo with Hidden Missiles?

Which makes no sense to me. DUDE YOU WON! What the hell do you have to be salty about? Who cares what anyone says YOU FUCKING WON!
It sucks to play one of the highest execution characters in the game flawlessly, and have people say you just won because of your team.

Let's talk about how the metagame will be consolidated in a few years and how people are too dumb to not pick the right characters like I do as I sit in my computer chair and eat these delicious cheetos.
If this website had a like button, you'd get a click.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Eh I don't see the salt on Chris G's end, it's quite the opposite. Chris G put it nicely, step your shit up or STFU. Those truth bombs they can't handle.

Also Justin is so jelly it's amazing. Son always has some unnecessary comments or another after Chris G wins.

Eh I don't see the salt on Chris G's end, it's quite the opposite. Chris G put it nicely, step your shit up or STFU. Those truth bombs they can't handle.

Also Justin is so jelly it's amazing. Son always has some unnecessary comments or another after Chris G wins.

Then come out and say it and stop acting like a 12 year old girl (both of them not just Chris, but Justin too).

To me Justin comes off as a bitter ex lover, and Chris comes off as a whiny little girl. Both of them need to be smack upside the head.

Dahbomb

Beef does enough of that anyways.
izwDBa0UzNguK.gif

Chris is not just defending himself, hes defending Rosa. I also think its because some of the top players and og of fgc always give Chris backhanded compliments and hes tired of it.

gutabo

Seems like most people can't just say "congrats, you won, good games!", they have to say "meh, you won, whatever" and then add "but it was only because of ________(insert excuse)". Why the discredit? And after reading ChrisG's twitter seems like he's tired of top players not giving him the respect he has already earned a while ago.

EDIT: kinda beaten:
Chris is not just defending himself, hes defending Rosa. I also think its because some of the top players and og of fgc always give Chris backhanded compliments and hes tired of it.

Maybe it's just me but I also felt some weird shit going on in the post tourney interview with yipes.

Dahbomb

iirc wasn't yipes one of the first people who thought hidden missiles would be the new doom rocks so long ago?

i guess he was right then
Yea he said that day 1 of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC_KoDQIFvo&sns=em

I think a lot of players try to down play their own characters cheapness while talking up another characters cheapness. Like Wolverine isn't cheap compared to what Zero can do and look at how much better Morrigan is compared to Zero. Zero has never won a major but Morrigan won a lot of them.
Well Flocker admits Zero is cheap but he wants ChrisG to admit to the same for Morrigan.

Every player downplays their own characters strength though. Best are the excuses used by Zero, Viper and Magneto players.

jbug617

Banned
I think a lot of players try to down play their own characters cheapness while talking up another characters cheapness. Like Wolverine isn't cheap compared to what Zero can do and look at how much better Morrigan is compared to Zero. Zero has never won a major but Morrigan won a lot of them.

Dieminion placed 3rd at UFGT8.
I mean in the present atmosphere.

And UFGT8 was missing a lot of big names. I should have been more clear, but by "major tournament" I meant something all the big names were at.

Most people consider the top 4 Marvel players to be:
ChrisG
Yipes
Justin Wong
F. Champ

Only two of those names were at UFGT8.

Just means a sore loser or being salty or making excuses. That's how I understood the term growing up.

Only used in casual situations of course, after pick up games or at gaming sessions.

Unless there is another meaning I don't know about.

I know that, but I never understood why someone's butt would be hurt. Never made any sense to me.

I know that, but I never understood why someone's butt would be hurt. Never made any sense to me.

Oh. Lol. Yea, I don't know why the butt would hurt either.

Maybe the term came boxing and getting your ass kicked and and being a sore loser afterwards.

Idk though. Maybe there is something sexual in there, heh.

lol, what does Flocker gain from Chris G publicly stating Morrigan is cheap? Shit like that annoys me, so I can understand Chris G getting pissed.

Morrigan isn't cheap. The TEAM is cheap, but Morrigan by her lonesome isn't. You'd think people would've figured it out by now, but I'm sure a lot of those people are the same ones who refuse to develop a counter-team for ChrisG.

Jauncy

Neo Member
Sore-assed
Butt-sore
Butthurt.

Also:

You got fucked in the ass, ergo, your butt is hurt.

Also, I wonder if Chris even understands why he's catching shit from Jessica Smith there.

Excuse my ignorance, who is Jessica Smith and why does she feel the need to be ChrisG's PR agent?

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Chris why you even talking to 'Jessica Smith'. This fool needs to wake up and smell her donuts the real world ain't sesame street where being friendly with a bunch of undermining Jelly potatoes gets you a hand job from oscar the grouch. Sometimes you just got to call it out like it is.

Almost as bad as Chris Matrix talking shit about Yipes' Magneto..if Yipes was being legit he would have shut that punk up quick smart by asking what major or anything of note has he done in any marvel game besides dick riding the greats. Straight up dissed yipes in his own tournament.

Shiiitttt fools acting like Mary fucking poppins in this new age bullshit.

I don't know who she is either, but 99.96% of the world doesn't know who Christopher Gonzales is, so I don't know if it necessarily matters. She's a guy who follows Chris on twitter, who Chris responded to.

Beth Cyra

Almost as bad as Chris Matrix talking shit about Yipes' Magneto..if Yipes was being legit he would have shut that punk up quick smart by asking what major or anything of note has he done in any marvel game besides dick riding the greats. Straight up dissed yipes in his own tournament.

Shiiitttt fools acting like Mary fucking poppins in this new age bullshit.

This would be fucking dumb. Chris and Yipes are friends and on top of that nothing Chris said was wrong. Everyone he pointed out has been putting way more time into Magnus lately while Yipes has been stepping up his Nova/Spencer game.

Him trying to be "legit" would have done nothing but make Yipes look like an ass, not to mention how often he gives props to other players anyway.

He should play Zero/Morrigan/Doom.

I wonder how long this pattern is going to go on until people catch on to the common element in all these top tier teams...
That wouldn't make people shut up about Morrigan, though.

What would be particularly delicious about Zero is that while everyone has been saying Zero is the best character in the game since Ultimate came out, no one has really proven it. Zero players are bitter and angsty because they can't fulfill the potential of their character. If ChrisG did it, it would be a big smack in the face.

So, in that spirit, ChrisG would have to not use Morrigan or Doom, since then people would attribute his wins to those characters. Unless it were Plasma Beam.

And the pattern will never end, because the average player just doesn't understand assist utility. I still remember how all of Vanilla was plagued by people saying Haggar is "low tier", and when Viscant won Evo everyone said "nerf Dark Phoenix!", even though Wesker + Double Lariat won him a huge number of his matches.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
This would be fucking dumb. Chris and Yipes are friends and on top of that nothing Chris said was wrong. Everyone he pointed out has been putting way more time into Magnus lately while Yipes has been stepping up his Nova/Spencer game.

Him trying to be "legit" would have done nothing but make Yipes look like an ass, not to mention how often he gives props to other players anyway.

Go back rewatch it you can clearly hear Yipes take the comments to heart. It's one thing to say Rayray is the best mag or what have you it's another to say that Yipes just has a disrupter assist. Chris needs to go back and watch some of Yipes Magnus play his movement is still some of the most godlike you'll see. His whole team beat ChrisG in Yipes first UMVC3 major it was not like he was some dumb fuck magneto that did not know what he was doing.

As others can point out things indeed did get awkward after that exchange you can bet your ass Yipes was holding back due to him not just repping himself but also broken tier etc so bringing Chris back to reality may not have been the PC look and all that.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Who still uses the term butthurt? She never gets out does she? I hear people use that term on a daily basis at my work.

And I agree with Geo. People need to be themselves rather than sugar coat everything. Chris G doesn't have to change who he is for anybody. And as far as I know, he's not that bad of a guy.

Top Bottom