• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curleh Mustache Tournament Series Vol.5 | UMvC3 Invitational | November 24

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
curlymustache5.png

[CLICK HERE FOR BRACKETS]

Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3 | Vol. 4

What?
GODLIKE Announcement Video

This is the fifth volume of the Curleh Mustache Tournament Series hosted by BT IFC Yipes and TeamSp00ky. A high roller MvC3 tournament series, now going strong for over a year now, with this one being the fourth of UMvC3. Every match is 3 games out of 5, as this is now the de facto standard for UMvC3 with unanimous agreement amongst players.

25$ entry for those invited and 10$ venue/spectator fee is in place for Curleh Mustache Vol. 5. The payout is unknown at this point in time, but the previous Curleh Mustache Series had the winner taking home the entire pot.

The main events this time around are:
  • MH|RayRay vs. TA|Moons
  • NY vs. Maryland Runback

Who?

List of invited players via BrokenTier:
- NEW YORK / NEW JERSEY -
AGE NYChrisG
UVG Noel Brown
MH RayRay
MH Smoothviper
MH Alukard
Omniscythe
BG JRosa
Megaman Steve
EMP|DUX|VxG Sanford Kelly
TS Fooblat
TS NerdJosh
EMP Jago
NYC Fab
BT Dieminion
TA Moons
LI Joe
TA Predator
TS Sp00ky
LB Winrich
Dragongod
Liston
Jason Da Dragon
Bankboyspanks
BG Mr. Quotes
BT MarlinPie
XAQshinor
Genius
EMP KDZ
Bum
DRS MastaCJ
Mike Infinite
Flux
TA Marvisto
DMG Insaynne
Damus
Polishmafia
Dang
DIRE Crashtag

- PHILADELPHIA -
AG DemonHyo
AG Felax
RogueYoshi
Doc Chaos
10Stars
Damien / FecalPenance
Julien Robinson
Josh Wong

- MARYLAND / VIRGINA -
XAN IGT Unkn0wn
XAN IGT DJ HUOSHEN
Fourthstar
Meep
RyRy
Steve H
Grimy Grizzly
Mastercrash
Boss N
PzPoy
Magman
F-NEX K-Brad

- RHODE ISLAND / CONNECTICUT -
Essex
JayJuice
Ill Will

- CANADA EAST -
A&C RDK
STC Quandizzle
YSRF NICKSCUM846

- OUT OF TOWNERS -
CORN Footwurk
CoCo OMGitzAndre
FR RoachKing
Jeopardy

Why?
Do you need any other reason?

The first Curleh Mustache Series was overflowing with hype and new tech, including the infamous Quicksilver glitch found at the end of MvC3's lifespan. But new game, renewed hype.

The second Curleh Mustache Series was no slouch either, with a metric ton of hype as well. Parallax Scroll brought the hype too with the incredible Stream Monster Bingo that took the GAF experience to the next level.

The third Curleh Mustache Series was.. disappointing. It was plagued with typical Twitch East Coast server issues, eventually causing the main stream to shut down entirely once we got higher up in the brackets. Didn't help it ended with a 3-way pot split for the Top 3 either.

The fourth Curleh Mustache Series was a return to form, being the first West Coast Curleh Mustache tournament. It gave Filipino Champ, the winner, the last bit of momentum he needed before going on to win EVO afterwards, after a very shaky and controversial Grand Finals against Dios X.

If you like high level Marvel play, you would be a fool to miss out the Curleh Mustache Series.

Previous winners of Curleh Mustaches:
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 1: UVG Noel Brown
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 2: BT MarlinPie
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 3: BT MarlinPie
  • Curleh Mustache Series Volume 4: col. Filipino Champ

Where?
At The Next Level Arcade in Brooklyn, New York, home of Big Two.

Or, like most of us, watch the live stream here with fellow GAFers on TeamSp00ky's Twitch.tv Channel. A secondary stream is available on IFC Yipes' channel here. [NOW LIVE]​

When?
Saturday, November 24th, 2012 from 3PM (6PM EST) PST to midnight. [NOW LIVE]

In the mean time, Bum is hosting a pre-Curleh practice stream at the House of Crack featuring MH AlukardNY, MH RayRay, CORN Footwurk, Chris Matrix and more. [Now over]​

---

ibys3hNAFI3ved.gif
ibys3hNAFI3ved.gif

ibjds6Aua9vNv.gif

GET HYPE!

mr. puppy

Banned
LETS GO RAYRAY

Top 10 predictions:

#1: RAYRAY. Screw you guys, he can take out ChrisG.
#2: ChrisG. Fraud Vergil play loses out at the end after he drops another Vergil combo
#3: Spooky. I don't know what team he uses. Its sppoky.
Actual #3: Roach King catching people not having practiced their anti-phoenix tech in the last few months.
#4: Bum: High health and armor> Viper
#5: Marlinpie: See #4
#6: Flux: ZMC player whose Dante is becoming his best character
#7: Noel Brown: Great player, bad team.
#8: Moons: Gets here on team color coordination alone
#9: JRosa/Nerdjosh: one of them gets top 10 on fraud chrisg dickriding
#10: Marvisto: Gotta love that NoveVajra.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm guessing Yipes won't be playing? =(

Chris G is taking this free
Yipes never enters Curlehs. He considered it once, but recently made it clear he won't enter them at all.

That also means Yipes x Matrix on commentary though!

sephi22

Its been so long since I've seen good Marvel.
Not watching Bum's stream because I hate the commentary and the stream is lagging for me.

Shouldn't this be up yet?

mr. puppy

Banned
Its been so long since I've seen good Marvel.
Not watching Bum's stream because I hate the commentary and the stream is lagging for me.

Shouldn't this be up yet?

yea they went on this long homophobic rant about how its okay to call each other gay or something but its fine b/c they're friends with ricky ortiz. its like a racist white dude saying "i have black friends"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Matrix is in the zone right now. TESSERACT PLASMA

Because it's his tournament. Would be kinda scumbag in a sense to host an all or nothing pot tourney and win LOL

It's more of his thing because he wants to see the best players get together and play :p
Yeah, he's being a good TO more or less. What would be cool though is if winner plays Yipes for a pot bonus.

EDIT: Yo hold that shit Footwurk. What you know about 4 Hard Drives? Step your RAID game up.

1. AGE NYChrisG
2. UVG Noel Brown
3. BT MarlinPie
4. EMP|DUX|VxG Sanford Kelly <--sleep pick. he did it before at Evo
5. BT Diemini0n
5. Megaman Steve
7. CORN Footwurk <---- must rep the Murda Mitten
7. STC Quandizzle

TA|Moons > MH RayRay 10-8
CORN Footwurk > Unknown 10-6 (if this happens)
NY > Maryland (FREE)

Anth0ny

Yeah, he's being a good TO more or less. What would be cool though is if winner plays Yipes for a pot bonus.

It just sucks that since the last Curleh, he's ascended to the very top tier of players. He's one of the handful of players that could stop Chris G, too.

Also, I wanna see more of dat team Nemo!

mr. puppy

Banned
1. AGE NYChrisG
2. UVG Noel Brown
3. BT MarlinPie
4. EMP|DUX|VxG Sanford Kelly <--sleep pick. he did it before at Evo
5. BT Diemini0n
5. Megaman Steve
7. CORN Footwurk <---- must rep the Murda Mitten
7. STC Quandizzle

TA|Moons > MH RayRay 10-8
CORN Footwurk > Unknown 10-6 (if this happens)
NY > Maryland (FREE)

nobody on the planet named corn ______ is going to win anything, including life.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Unkn0wn is there too AND Roachking is on the way? And MarlinPie is supposed to show up later tonight?

popcorn.gif

Top Bottom